Alien: Specimen - 40th Anniversary Short

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Apr 02, 2019, 07:11:33 PM

Author
Alien: Specimen - 40th Anniversary Short (Read 49,520 times)

irn

That was really good. Was glued to the screen watching this one.

SM

QuoteAre there another health hazardous materials/organisms for the (robo)dog to defend people from?

It's a guard dog.

Do actual contemporary guard dogs guard us from Aliens?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SM on Apr 06, 2019, 09:11:21 PM
QuoteAre there another health hazardous materials/organisms for the (robo)dog to defend people from?

It's a guard dog.

And to further that point, the film explicitly spells out that there was a previous contagion let loose in the facility before the Alien egg ever arrived.

Master

Liked it allot.  Much, much better then the first one.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SM on Apr 06, 2019, 09:11:21 PM

It's a guard dog.

There are plenty of reasons to have a synthetic dog doing all sorts of duties.  I have no issue with that being a synthetic dog.

Quote from: SM on Apr 06, 2019, 11:22:57 AM
We know what happens when a facehugger attacks an aggressive real dog.

Ha!  Alien 3 totally skipped my mind.  You're right.

But it underscores another fact that Alien 3 was Removed from the likelihood of reality.  It is way more likely that a dog would bite a face hugger, unless it somehow puts the dog to sleep very quickly.  (Which it might). If I remember correctly, that dog's mouth did have some minimal acid damage.

The truth is that the face-hugger is anthropomorphic.  It is designed to match a human face and head.  There are many animals that it will be incompatible with.  Sometimes on account of their physical attributes, and sometimes on account of their behaviours.

Nightmare Asylum

It isn't a dog in the better cut of Alien 3 anyways. ;)

Nukiemorph

Check out their awesome poster too.  I haven't seen this anywhere on social media.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10135070/

Perfect-Organism

Coooool!

It's like a poppy plant.

The Old One

The Old One

The poster's fantastic and the fact the Facehugger puts people to sleep by dispersing a chemical agent
when it attaches to the face makes infection of humanoids and non-humanoids a non-issue.

Nightmare Asylum

I feel like I've seen that artwork before and I can't place it...

Stitch

I liked this one more than containment. It felt less llike a low budget showreel and more like an actual alien short.

Perfect-Organism

Yes, I didn't feel anything in this film pulling me out of the illusion.  It was well crafted.

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 07, 2019, 12:30:56 AM
the fact the Facehugger puts people to sleep by dispersing a chemical agent
This got brought up in another thread, but there are sources where this doesn't happen (whether you accept them as "canon" is up to you).

Voodoo Magic

Will go against the grain here. Poorly made short. I'd take Containment over this easily.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 07, 2019, 12:30:56 AM
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMDM1MmU1OGMtOWZlMi00ZTY5LWIxMjMtYjMyNjhjYmZiZWMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTMzMDQ3MzE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

The poster's fantastic and the fact the Facehugger puts people to sleep by dispersing a chemical agent
when it attaches to the face makes infection of humanoids and non-humanoids a non-issue.

It's definitely the one to beat. If it gets better than this, these shorts will be a resounding success. My faith that an alien series is doable has been rekindled.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 07, 2019, 03:35:18 AM
Will go against the grain here. Poorly made short. I'd take Containment over this easily.

I think they're both just right for their individual purposes, and I like them both.

But it's a hard argument to make that this was poorly made.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed