Nuclear Explosion: Aftermath

Started by Alienseseses, Mar 30, 2008, 01:16:21 AM

Author
Nuclear Explosion: Aftermath (Read 21,439 times)

Stalker

Stalker

And how many times has the stereotypical "Government nukes everything & covers it up" ending been done to death in every other movie? At least the self-destruct finale would have been interesting, & a more fitting way to end the film.

Uncanny Antman

^Agreed.

Actually, I'd like to see the next film not rely on the "explosion climax" for a change.

Eight films so far, six of them with a mega 'splosion near the end.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Aliens,
AR,
Predator,
AVP,
AVP-R,
um... P2?

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Alienseseses on Mar 30, 2008, 03:43:47 PM
Aliens,
AR,
Predator,
AVP,
AVP-R,
um... P2?

Alien too - Nostromo exploding. 

Uncanny Antman

^That's the one. 

P2 ain't on the list.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

The ship leaving blows up the tunnel.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Alienseseses on Mar 30, 2008, 04:09:21 PM
The ship leaving blows up the tunnel.

There's a big difference between an explosion and engine exhaust.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Of course it has to be engine exhaust, but in the movie it looks and sounds more like a massive explosion.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I think that the nuking of the town is better than a Wolf bomb because the way it was done was nice, with the life-or-death decision. Center of town or helicopter? If it was just wolf's bomb, there would be no buildup.

Keyes

Keyes

Quote from: Stalker on Mar 30, 2008, 02:49:53 PM
And how many times has the stereotypical "Government nukes everything & covers it up" ending been done to death in every other movie? At least the self-destruct finale would have been interesting, & a more fitting way to end the film.

This is not a dig, but what other films have done that? I can't think of any ???

War Wager

War Wager

I'd always thought The Company would cover up by saying the Powerplanet exploded, taking the easy way out.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

But maybe that isn't the kind of power plant that explodes. It wasn't a nuclear power plant either, so it wouldn't leave so much radiation.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 30, 2008, 03:32:15 AM
Quotebut in the end it cut out after we turned in our first cut.
First cut of the script or the first cut of the movie?

Scripts are known as drafts.  :)

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

All the government would have to do is lie about it. The idiots that live their lives watching what Paris Hilton's next career move is will eat it up.

Most people would watch the news, say, "That sucks," and move on with their lives. There would be a couple thousand people who will say it was the government, but they would be in the minority.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Except it would have to have been somebody who did it. If not the gov, people will look at Iran. Wars will start.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed