Box Office

Started by Ratchetcomand, Sep 07, 2007, 11:05:43 PM

How much money you think AvP-R will make at the US box office from what you have seen so far from the trailers?

15million
6 (9.2%)
25million
6 (9.2%)
50million
20 (30.8%)
75million
19 (29.2%)
over 100million
14 (21.5%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Voting closed: Jan 12, 2008, 11:33:36 PM

Author
Box Office (Read 24,594 times)

pred_alien

pred_alien

Quote from: KillingJoke on Sep 08, 2007, 08:00:31 PM
Quote from: highlandpred on Sep 08, 2007, 05:58:00 PM
agreed , A5 is toast.

Expect Pred 3 if any. Dont really see an excuse for AVP 3. Aliens have been established as Groups once again, taking away the threat.

I only wonder what would have been if AR was scrapped. That was the tuning point. Bloody French  ::) :D

Nobody would pay to see a stand-alone Predator movie after AvP.  It's been 17 years since we had one, and people are going to be asking where the Aliens are.

I would say that an Alien 5 is far more likely, especially given the recent interest Scott and Cameron had in it.
but would scott and cameron ever touch the series again?

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Both seem enthusiastic about the concept. Whether it's really a good idea is up to how it works out. Lucas mentioned he was going back to the SW saga to do the PT and longtime fans rejoiced as "he was the only one capable of showing these characters respect." Check any SW forum for how that ultimately panned out- directors can be just as detrimental as the years pass as a novice to the series.

Docta Jekyll

Docta Jekyll

Okay, people say a lot of teens saw the first film, but just think, the first came out august 2004, any 14 year old who saw that movie, and some 13 year olds your turned 14 later that year, would be 17 by the time this film comes out, able to see it in the theater.

its the teens that didn't know there were ever predator or alien films that liked AVP that will still see this movie.

and don't know where all of this budget talk is coming from, AVP had a budget of 45 million, with marketing, it was closer to 60-80 million, 80 million tops.

This movie has, according to everything we've heard, not only a budget less then AVP, so under 45 million, but quite a low budget altogether, so we are talking low 30 millions for the budget.

if this film's budget is anywhere around 30 million, or anything less, then 100 million worldwide would be profitable for this film, studios keep 55% of the worldwide gross.

so with marketing and everything, this movie might top out as costing 50-60 million, and again, if it can hit 100 million worldwide, that would be breaking even, with dvd sales to look forward too.

so if this movie can make anything over 100 million, even like 120 million, it will be successful, its got a low budget, marketing has been started later then usual, so there won't end up being a lot spent on marketing, so anything north of 100 million would be good for this film.

and I think it really depends on its domestic numbers, because from what I hear, its picking very uncrowded days in the foreign markets, so thats easy money.

its going up against some serious big hitter on christmas though, a lot of family films and what not, so being big domestically would be tuff, but then again, by now, I think some might be tired of the usual big christmas family adventure movie(remember Eragon last year, performed pretty mildly, because people are tired of movies like that) and the adults will feel like seeing something more mature, and AVP-R will be out.

So I doubt it will win # 1 grosser on its opening day or weekend, but it will do good

I think a 20-30 million opening domestic weekend would be good for this film.

It will at least make 40 or so million domestically I think, and at least 100 million worldwide, it could do better, a bit better, but if it hits 200 million worldwide, that would be great, and ensure another film, but I doubt it will make that much

Ok7

Ok7

Budget AVP is 60 million ( http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=avp.htm ).
Budget AVP2 maybe 45-50 million+30 million marketing=75-80 million  :o

AVP2 vs:

21 december: Sweeney Todd, National Treasure: Book of Secrets, P.S. I Love You.
26 december: Rambo 4.
28 december: Charlie Wilson's War, The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep.

pred_alien

pred_alien

Quote from: Ok7 on Sep 08, 2007, 09:33:27 PM
Budget AVP is 60 million ( http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=avp.htm ).
Budget AVP2 maybe 45-50 million+30 million marketing=75-80 million  :o

AVP2 vs:

21 december: Sweeney Todd, National Treasure: Book of Secrets, P.S. I Love You.
26 december: Rambo 4.
28 december: Charlie Wilson's War, The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep.
notice most of them are family oriented movies...except john rambo (duh), people will get tired of see all those family movies and want something violent to watch, im doubt people will see john rambo for the entire seasen...so AVP-R is the next best bet...until cloverfield comeso out

Docta Jekyll

Docta Jekyll

60 million with marketing then, because David Fincher had a budget of 50 million for Alien 3, and Paul Anderson said himself that  he had less money then that when making AVP, and the most reported number is 45 million

and boxofficemojo bases their budgets off of what is submitted to them, a bit like wikipedia, but not as easy to change, if enough people tell them the budget of Superman Returns is 270 million, then thats what gets put there, when that is not true the budget was about 204 million

BOM is reliable, but in some situations its not, AVP's budget was 45 million, and AVP-R's is less

and who are you to say what AVP-R's budget range is, like what you say is fact?

it will be more like AVP-R's budget with marketing is 40-50 million

and AVPR has the advantage of coming out a day or three before most on that list, which is good.

and yes, those family movies, if any do good, will be top heavy, and AVP-R will be more balanced across its release

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Just got back from 3:10 to Yuma.

And we got a trailer for  National Treasure: The Book of Secrets.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809839449/info

Release Date: 12-21-07

National Treasure earned a domestic total gross of $173,008,894 ,with a worldwide gross of $347,451,894

It's Christmas time, people are with families, and they want to see a movie, what do you think they are going to go see?

Oh well, I'll be at AVP2.

pred_alien

pred_alien

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Sep 09, 2007, 12:59:19 AM

National Treasure earned a domestic total gross of $173,008,894 ,with a worldwide gross of $347,451,894

It's Christmas time, people are with families, and they want to see a movie, what do you think they are going to go see?

but do you know how boring it is seeing family film after family film?? in due time people will see AVP-R
just cause its not a family film...and that might bring in new fans to the franchises

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

National Treasure was a very forgetable film. Even if this movies blows, it involves the use of horror icons. I somehow feel that films like NT2 won't be competition.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

I loved National Treasure.

CelticP

CelticP

Quote from: pred_alien on Sep 09, 2007, 01:01:43 AM

but do you know how boring it is seeing family film after family film?? in due time people will see AVP-R
just cause its not a family film...and that might bring in new fans to the franchises

Yeah, Ratatouille was such a boring film... ::)

Ok7

Ok7

Quote from: Docta Jekyll on Sep 08, 2007, 11:29:54 PM
60 million with marketing then, because David Fincher had a budget of 50 million for Alien 3, and Paul Anderson said himself that  he had less money then that when making AVP, and the most reported number is 45 million

and boxofficemojo bases their budgets off of what is submitted to them, a bit like wikipedia, but not as easy to change, if enough people tell them the budget of Superman Returns is 270 million, then thats what gets put there, when that is not true the budget was about 204 million

BOM is reliable, but in some situations its not, AVP's budget was 45 million, and AVP-R's is less

and who are you to say what AVP-R's budget range is, like what you say is fact?

it will be more like AVP-R's budget with marketing is 40-50 million

and AVPR has the advantage of coming out a day or three before most on that list, which is good.

and yes, those family movies, if any do good, will be top heavy, and AVP-R will be more balanced across its release

http://www.kinopoisk.ru/level/85/film/41949/

Budget-60 mill.
Marketing-35 mill.
=95 million.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

its amking 50 abgazillion dollars becuz its avp lulz

I'm expecting less than 300 due to the first but a decent response. So long as this movie doesn't have something like the Newborn drastically impacting the viewer opinion, it can pull off a successful box office gross.

avpmad!

avpmad!

i think it will make about $250 mill in USA and about £150 mill in UK (i will go to see it a lot :))

pred_alien

pred_alien

Quote from: CelticP on Sep 09, 2007, 01:35:25 AM
Quote from: pred_alien on Sep 09, 2007, 01:01:43 AM

Yeah, Ratatouille was such a boring film... ::)
your right ratatouille was a really boring film

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed