Recent posts

Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by SiL - Today at 07:03:45 AM
Tellingly they both die in their last acts of seeming absolution. The only price high enough to pay to redeem themselves is their lives in exchange for countless others - and even that might not be quite enough.
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 07:01:17 AM
Yeah, Darth Vader didn't suddenly atone for murdering children just because he saved Luke in ROTJ.
Alien Films / Re: Alien 3/Resurrection "plot...
Last post by Kimarhi - Today at 06:52:06 AM
I can strangely see what ol boy is talking about.  Maybe less on the high def releases but on the early theatrical. 

Has a kind of filtered brown look to everything.  Though from what I can remember that was more like the Earth War covers than the comedy of art within the pages. 

The art was drawn in the same way Res was filmed though.  Goofily. 
Last post by SiL - Today at 06:49:07 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 05:02:30 AMDillon pretty clearly demonstrated in the movie that he was not only no longer a rapist, he actually saved her from being gang raped by men that he considered his brothers.
Also stops himself short of killing the rapists.

Dillon is the embodiment of the film's thematic argument. He has absolutely rejected nihilism and the destructive/ self destructive potential of nihilism. He will literally beat the nihilism out of you if he sees you abandoning your moral principle. He will not let you check out early and let other people deal with shit. He will not let you die on your arse doing nothing.

And all of this is made stronger by the fact he has clearly embraced nihilism in the past, and learned to overcome and reject it.

Also, importantly, you don't have to like him. You don't have to forgive him or think he's redeemed. It's entirely ok to feel uncomfortable watching someone you fine repugnant do the right thing.
Recreational Area / Re: What made you happy today?
Last post by Prez - Today at 06:39:29 AM
My Alien Collection: Shadow Archive & Prey 4K arriving in the post! And I didn't have to break my bank account!
Recreational Area / Re: Last Movie You Watched
Last post by Prez - Today at 06:38:28 AM
Alien Covenant

Some very good bits. Some very stupid bits.
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Yesterday at 04:53:02 PMWe won't have any repaints here. It'll be all new tooling and sculpt for this one.
So glad to hear that.
Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by Prez - Today at 06:35:20 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 05:16:04 AM
Quote from: Prez on Today at 05:14:59 AMI dislike plenty

https://media2.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExdmY3YWYzMjl0NnZxeXRqN2tlMHlxbmdodmJnaDEzM2x2YnhpampzMSZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/a6YHwnkn0ctOM/giphy.gif

Hahaha. This made me laugh. A lot.

Quote from: SM on Today at 05:15:19 AM
Quote from: Prez on Today at 05:12:43 AM
Quote from: SM on Today at 01:38:34 AMThe art on both those books was pretty disappointing.

I quite liked both of them in parts. Perhaps the colouring on the original Alien book was a bit too colourful for my liking.

Didn't mind the colouring so much as the wasted opportunities for ship and creature design.

The gender changes were nice though.

That dropship design. Yer I see what you mean.
Last post by SM - Today at 06:16:24 AM
Okay - break's over.
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 06:09:47 AM
I always wondered how many people noticed this visual reference to the 8th circle of Hell in Dante's Inferno:

QuoteUp from the mouth of each hole there stuck out
A sinner's feet and legs up to the calf,
The rest of him remained stuffed down inside.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed