New AvP2 Title: Aliens vs Predator Requiem

Started by Darkness, Aug 19, 2007, 03:03:34 PM

Author
New AvP2 Title: Aliens vs Predator Requiem (Read 21,706 times)

PyroAcid

PyroAcid

The common theme of requiems is prayer for the salvation of the soul(s) of the departed, and it is used both at services immediately preceding a burial, and on occasions of more general remembrance - Requiem  remembering  the dead  basicly.... looks like there trying for the alien 3 feel to the name A3 had a heavy Reglion tone to all the inmates lol yah "they found god at the ass end of space"

PyroAcid

PyroAcid

it might chnage who knows just keep it Aliens vs Predator screw this short  styleing crap like "AvP"  or AVP  blah blah but then agian   this AVP R stuff maybe  there becouse they want to also sell  games on the ps3/360/PC  without worrying about copyright laws and confuseing pepole do to the already existing Avp games for the pc and ps2 and xbox

gameoverman

@predataur - because people just don't think about these things - unless they made the S really huge so people would notice it.   Why won't people notice the 's'?  Because they are too busy worrying about their stupid lives to think about the title of some b-movie.  It's a logical choice.  Live with it.

gameoverman

As for Alien and Aliens:  Alien is a lot simpler title than Alien Vs Predator which is why they could add the 's' and people would notice it.  Plus Aliens was marketed as a war movie while Alien was marketed as a horror movie.

Commander Griker

WTF is R E Q U I E M

Commander Griker

this is what i found  The Requiem (from the Latin requi

Commander Griker

I hate R E Q U I E M how is it pronounced     REEKUM  REEKEEAM  REEK EM

Commander Griker

RECK WEEM  yuck  i like AvP 2 better

SHREK

there are loads of definitions for REQUIEM but the main 1 is a musical mass for the dead or celebrarting the dead.

gameoverman

REEK WUM    ::)  

Corporal Hicks

It's rec-we-um

happypred

I'm sorry, the word requiem might sound poetic but not if it's preceded by bloody "Aliens vs. Predator"

Don Dorris

The other reason they can't just leave it as Aliens vs Predator is because half of the audience probably thinks that the first one was called that. With the comics and games all varying between Alien vs Predator and Aliens vs Predator it becomes a bit more confusing.  It's not necessarily that people won't notice the 's' - it's that people would see the poster and say 'is that a sequel? what was the first one called again?'

Don Dorris

What's that got to do with the name?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed