Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 754,671 times)

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Quote from: JokersWarPig on May 22, 2014, 12:12:17 AM
I've played through Halo 4 twice and I still don't understand what the Didact was so upset about.

Have you read the books?

I have no real idea how different my opinion of Halo 4 would be if I hadn't read most of the books and stuff before going in. I'm guessing it's slightly more confusing when you don't know the extended universe stuff.

Naissus

Naissus

The problem with the Prometheans is their lack of personality. 

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: KNIGHT on May 22, 2014, 12:17:31 AM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on May 22, 2014, 12:12:17 AM
I've played through Halo 4 twice and I still don't understand what the Didact was so upset about.

Have you read the books?

I have no real idea how different my opinion of Halo 4 would be if I hadn't read most of the books and stuff before going in. I'm guessing it's slightly more confusing when you don't know the extended universe stuff.

The last book I read was first strike

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: JokersWarPig on May 22, 2014, 02:28:37 AM
The last book I read was first strike

If you're into the story I'd highly recommend delving into the books that came after. Lots of great material (and surprisingly well written for video game books) that really enhances the narrative of the games.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Skip Cole Protocol though - was pretty poor. And the rest are nothing like Eric Nylund's style. Each author has a completely different style.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I really liked The Cole Protocol myself. It was different, but quite interesting. I liked the new perspective on the war and the events that followed.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I've always played it for the story. Just recently I've begun to appreciate the original trilogy's (books and games) story. The best example I can give is when I first played Halo 2 I hated the Arbiters missions. I hated them so damn much and thought they where drawn out and boring.
Being quite a bit older now and playing through the originals again I can really see the story couldn't have ended where it did without them. Do I still think Chief should have had some more missions? Yes, but what can you do.

I don't know hat it is but I dont find the H4+ series to be as interesting, but maybe I have to read the new books to appreciate it and get the full picture.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Finished Halo 4's campaign..was not impressed with the story at all. None of it made sense. If I remember right {and it's been a while so maybe I don't} but it seemed like it was implied that Humanity was supposed to succeed the Forerunners, and then they made it so they were ancient enemies? Or something? Also...
Spoiler
How in the shit did Chief survive a pointblank nuke to the face?
[close]

I don't know, I just didn't feel like it was very well put together

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

For you Halo fans that play Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozR_y7Ibews#ws

Randomizer

Randomizer

Halo and AvP were my favorite games since I was 10 . Too bad I never actually read the books...

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I only read the first three. I had one of the other ones {ghosts of onyx I think} but I lost it somewhere or it got stolen or something.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Very interesting read. Be warned, though: HUGE spoilers for Spartan Ops if you haven't finished it.

Spoiler

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Thank you for reminding me that I need to complete Spartan Ops.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRl083Epiic#ws

Perfect way to weave H2A and H5:G into a single trailer. Anyways, the new spartan seems to be tracking down Chief and receiving intel from the Arbiter! Oh man, this is going to be fantastic! Cannot wait to see what's going on here.

Also, Halo: The Master Chief collection including all four games (Combat Evolved and 2 in Anniversary editions to boot), perfect recreation of Halo 2's multiplayer, every Halo map ever on their original engines, Halo: Nightfall (the digital feature), and the Halo 5: Guardians beta!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m21KxWWpRU#ws
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0380-Um0eQ#ws

MudButt

MudButt

I want that Halo 2 Anniversary so bad..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed