Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 760,216 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

There's also the Initiation miniseries featuring Palmer that came out not too long ago.

The only one I'm not really all that interested in checking out immediately is Fall of Reach, since I'm already familiar with the book.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm liking Escalation. Artwork's not my favorite but I'm enjoying the story. I think Initiation wasn't so great, I don't really remember much of it so that can't be good.

The other stuff was all pretty fantastic! I'd get that collected volume if I were you.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Thanks! Will probably end up getting that soon. Gonna try to binge read as much Halo stuff as possible this summer. Forerunner trilogy now, Kilo-5 trilogy is up next. 8)

Anyways, I know it's way too early for any real speculation, but anyone have any ideas forming in their head about Halo 5: Infinity? For some reason I can't help but shake the feeling that that ONI Spartan is going to have a role like Kruger from Elysium, hunting down the Chief who, based on the teaser from last year's E3, seems to have deserted the UNSC and gone on a mission of his own.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

ONI really just recruited Isaac Clarke. 

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

*Crosses fingers for stomping mechanic*

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on May 21, 2014, 12:50:23 PM
*Crosses fingers for stomping mechanic*

Just use a Mantis. :P

*Crosses fingers for Arbiter and Flood*

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Noooo no more flood.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

So much untapped story potential left in them as the series moves forward. It'd be a crime not to use them. Maybe not necessarily in Halo 5: Guardians (we don't know any story details for this particular game just yet), but definitely somewhere down the line.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

They're basically zombies, and getting rid of them was the whole point of Halo 3.
The flood should stay dead.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Using dead corpses as hosts aside, they are not at all zombies. They're one of the most important elements in the story. Everything that has happened is pretty much hinged around their existence, from the dawn of the Precursors and the Forerunners up to the recent Human/Covenant War. The Gravemind remains one of the most fascinating characters in the series, and I highly doubt that he is dead.

There are still presumably six Halo rings left with Flood on them in some capacity, plus probably more Flood out in the far end of the galaxy. There's a lot of Forerunner installations that we have yet to discover. With the resurgence of the Forerunners in the "modern" day story, the Flood surely can't be too far behind.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Not to mention Delta Halo is still fairly overrun by Flood, as Cold Storage showed us.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Fair enough, hope they make it awesome then.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 21, 2014, 05:12:27 PM
Not to mention Delta Halo is still fairly overrun by Flood, as Cold Storage showed us.

Yup. And if Installations 04 and 05 are anything to go by, odds are Installation 03 has some Flood in stasis as well. The UNSC just hasn't provoked them yet. :D

I'm wondering if we'll be seeing a return of the bio-digital Prometheans in the upcoming game. If the Didact returns then maybe, but if not I'm not so sure how likely they are to make an appearance. 

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I feel like we probably will see them return, though I would like to see some more "standard" Forerunner weaponry and enemies (or allies) as well. I'd like the Sentinels to play more of a role, and would love to see the Enforcer from Halo 2 make another appearance. Maybe finally see some War Sphinxes in the games.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I wasn't the biggest fan of the Prometheans. I don't know what it was but fighting them wasn't as fun as the covenant or the flood. I've played through Halo 4 twice and I still don't understand what the Didact was so upset about.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed