Anyone else avoided almost all spoilers?

Started by Weasel, Jun 24, 2010, 10:32:31 AM

Author
Anyone else avoided almost all spoilers? (Read 3,054 times)

Weasel

I cannot wait for this movie and for that very reason I have kept my nose out of these forums. And although I've seen a few spoilers (thanks for putting them in the title of your thread) I've kept most of them out of sight and out of mind. I've also not looked at any of the scripts and tried to not look at too many production stills (Though these are my weakness). Anyone else here trying to have this movie be as much as a surprise as possible? I think people may take in certain prejudices into the movie knowing to much about it.

This doesn't take away from what you'd take from the movie anyway (of course I'm watching every trailer) and the bits and pieces that are revealed from a trailer. But I feel I'm getting the most of this movie by shutting myself off from it. Leaving all my giddy fanboy excitement for the theaters. Imagine if you watched Aliens knowing that the chestburster had infected Kane. I think the surprises will grab me more, and I'll be left with more mystery as I'm watching the movie.

But I can see why people read the script and stuff.I You can still enjoy a movie and its presentation, even if you know the ending and all the character deaths. I just feel I'll take more out of the movie by not exposing myself too much to the content. Anyone else here holding out on spoilers and stuff?

EDIT: I'd like to thank all the people that spoiler tag their discussions that might reveal the plot too. You've done a good job.

mrblack

I haven't read the script yet but Im keeping spoilers out of  my head

Puks

Seen the trailers, a few production stills and that's it.

Hyped as f**k.

Firestorm

Trailers only for me, and a few of the stills.

Deliberatley avoided the unmasked BSP pictures, i reckon any time u get to see a new Predator unmasked in a cinema is a special occasion so don't want that ruined.

I read the first couple of pages of the script and that was about it.

Can't wait.

Spider One

All these spoilers do is make me want to see the film more.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Seen Trailers and some production photos, and given a quick (really quick) look at the script just to tweak it into the Chuck Norris finale. ;D

Stalker

I detest spoilers, & I'm trying to avoid them like the plague. I did accidently see a picture of the unmasked black predator, but nothing too major aside from that. I absolutely refuse to look at the production stills, what's the point? All it would do is ruin the enjoyment of a potentially great movie & remove all mystery & excitement from it before you even enter the cinema.

Personally, I think those people who have read the leaked script & looked at all the photos have done themselves a great injustice.

jimmyboy

I have purposely avoided nearly all stills, spoilers and trailers.

I've seen the two first trailers which were released, the each characters featurette and only the first half of that red band trailer. Ironically this next sentence might be a spoiler but I doubt it..... The only reason I know there's a Black Predator was cause AVP Galaxys homepage mentioned it several times. Not seen any flying Predators or Hawks or whatever they are.

dembones

I rarely go into a movie blind after the disappointment I felt from T4 & AVPR.  Putting up with transit and fellow  audience members is a big deal and I already decided  Ironman2, Kickass, Splice, and few other films can wait for rentals.

However, I'll be  using a vacation day for what I hope will be a relatively uneventful  10 or 11am opening day  showing of Preds and will likely see twice to catch all the stuff I'll miss the first time.

I can barely remember my quick read of the script and have looked at early pics, but I won't watch any more trailers since  the Redband/international looked good enough that I want to leave some surprises for myself. I'll also avoid any new clips, but will surely waffle should we get lucky enough to, ala AVPR, see the first 5 mins of Preds shown before release date :-\ I'll definitely have to avoid AVPG, IMDB, and surely even IO9 should that happen.

freddy616

I haven't read the script,but i seen everything else :-\ just cant help it.

MrBrokenTusks.

Yer and its going well so far.

JustADogChasingCars

i've looked at every spoiler i can get my hands on... i'm so weak

MrBrokenTusks.

Ignore the no bit and the keep talking bit.

ShadowPred

Obviously I haven't ignored anything. I've seen it all.

Purebreedalien

Wellllllllll....

I; read the script, watched every single video I could lay my hands on, viewed every production still and I still need more.  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed