Predator 2 is deserving

Started by Wolf Sazen, Apr 16, 2010, 11:40:11 PM

Author
Predator 2 is deserving (Read 967 times)

Wolf Sazen

Wolf Sazen

Imo, "Predator 2" is deserving of its place in the Predator saga.  I find it a little disrespectful torward the people who worked on that movie, that the industry or fans or whomever is at the forefront of this blastfemy want to discard it as never happening i guess?  Wow, i guess i'm alone when i say i actually enjoyed that movie.  Granted it fell short compared to the first installment, but it was still a worthy sequel, and a good addition to the story.  And though the AvP movies are not well recieved by most( i like them well enuff), the idea was a good one, though it may not have ever happened were it not for the trophy case scene in "Predator 2".  But away from the AvP movies, "Predator 2" is a classic, so RR and everyone else needs to get with the program

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I stand with you on that one.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Here here

CEP

CEP

If Robert doesnt like it, he doesnt have to recon it. It's not like Predator 2 is being erased from the world....he just doesnt want to connect the films. Big deal. Life will go on, I promise.

Wolf Sazen

Wolf Sazen

Quote from: CEP on Apr 16, 2010, 11:49:21 PM
If Robert doesnt like it, he doesnt have to recon it. It's not like Predator 2 is being erased from the world....he just doesnt want to connect the films. Big deal. Life will go on, I promise.
Wut u say is true, but it is kind of a big deal to me, well, lol, i mean if were talkin about Predator stuff.  I'm not gonna boycott, or slit my rists or anything, i'm jus sayin i'm a fan of continuity, and i guess i'm wondering then if there is an official timeline or story history to this franchise, will "Predator 2" be discarded, or will it be recognized?  I mean who has the last say? 

CEP

CEP

Hard to read....but from what I kinda got from your post was it makes you mad. When it shouldnt. Predator 2 still exists. Most people hate it you know. Just because us fans dig it, doesnt mean that the movie is gold to everyone else.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

But to have Predator 2 and AvP in the same sentence and calling them out as the bad of the Predator franchise. P2 doesn't deserve that kind of harsh punishment from RR.

Big_BLACK

Big_BLACK

Not me ... if Predators is a better sequel to the spirit of the original, so be it.  I loved P2 as a child, but it shows its holes on progressive viewings.  There are aspects to the film that are outstanding.  The Predator's design, new weapons, the Predator ship which fits the image of the characters more so than the one in AVP.  But at the end of the day, the film was filled with holes, cliches, and just didn't maximize on the potential that the sequel could've been.

Predator 2 has its moments, but at the end of the day ... it was a blown opportunity.  It doesn't come near the quality of the original vision.

I like the idea of the follow up to Predator being named Predators, akin to Aliens being the follow up to Alien.

XenoVC

XenoVC

lol,ok thread repeat.

Wolf Sazen

Wolf Sazen

Lol, i mean if the "Alien" franchise can keep "Alien Resurrection", why can't the "Predator" franchise keep "Predator 2". 

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

In the future, please use the search function to check for pre-existing disscussions before making a thread.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed