WHO IS BEHIND THE MASK? (ADI or someone else?)

Started by YutaniDitch, Mar 15, 2010, 11:59:59 AM

Author
WHO IS BEHIND THE MASK? (ADI or someone else?) (Read 10,711 times)

YutaniDitch

Ok, first of all, my apologies if this question was brought forth or already answered in another thread...

I just saw the Sneak Peek and I have to say it got me SERIOUSLY worried: about the story, the actors and the roles they portray, but first and foremost, the UGLY (and I mean this creatively speaking, of course...W all know the Yautja ARE ugly! :P)

The skin color and tone is all wrong, the bodies are too bulky and what's with the extra double teeth on the Predator's face (don't know if it's just concept art or made it to the movie at all...! )

http://i39.tinypic.com/6qxxc2.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/o9o21z.jpg

And the P's unmasked face looks way too ADI too me...namely, too MASKY (as in 'fake') and far away from Stan Winston's remarkable P1 and P2 designs!

http://i42.tinypic.com/qzkf4g.jpg

What do you think?

PS - If there is a thread already posted about this, just point me in the right direction! ... :-[ ;D

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

1. They are not bulky at all
2. the preds face is nothing like ADI's preds,
3. Its concept art

Highland

hey yutani, not seen you around here for a while mate!

I've made no secret about my dislike for the new designs, although looking at the clips, it looks like we'll get allot of darker shots (Ala AVPR) so they may cover up some of the concerns.

Personally i think your right, the proportions are off, and the colours bland. Although i would say from the clips provided the movie does have a quality look about it.

Hopefully we might get a better look at a face in the trailer.

dallevalle

bulky ? not at all dude
you cant say the face is bad by a 1 sec fast clip

Highland

Quote from: dallevalle on Mar 15, 2010, 12:40:37 PM
bulky ? not at all dude

True , but you can't say it's good either, my initial reaction is that it has that pale, dry look about it from the first AVP.

Bulky -  I'm still  working from the set pics, one in particular looks like Celtic pred.

dallevalle

Quote from: Highland on Mar 15, 2010, 12:46:01 PM
Quote from: dallevalle on Mar 15, 2010, 12:40:37 PM
bulky ? not at all dude

True , but you can't say it's good either, my initial reaction is that it has that pale, dry look about it from the first AVP.

Bulky -  I'm still  working from the set pics, one in particular looks like Celtic pred.

well the face isent good in the sneak peek but if we look at the preds face from the set pictures then its great as for the whole bulkyness well they are suposse to be new kinds of predators new breed so im alright with that yes the bulkyness from avp was horrible but for some reason i think it fits with the whole new breed of predator but hey thats just me.

CEP

Ugh.....that damn Y word showed up in here too. I say we make that a curse word? Who's with me!

Anyhoo, the skin color is not wrong, because that's what the character's color is.

The face? I dont know yet. I havent seen a good Pred face since Predator 2. Both AvP's were just downright terrible. So hopefully they can get it right.

Porkus Maximus

Quote from: Uncanny Psycho on Mar 15, 2010, 12:33:57 PM
1. They are not bulky at all

Bulky is probably the wrong word to use but from the sneak peek at least one of them looks a little... compact?

Urban Hunter

if they could only add the net over the preds bodies ..

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

AvP Predators never looked fake to me. The eyes were the only "giveaway" if you ask me.

Dusk

So the shitty face with the flappy skin at the mandibles didn't scream fake to you?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Um... flappy skin? That was the main "quality" of Wolf Predator.

Dusk

Are you just messing with me? Are you telling me the floppy mandible skin didn't bother you?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

No, I don't want to "mess" for such a ridicolously small argument.
No, they didn't bother me. problems with it? As I said, the only real problems were the eyes, too human (if I not remember wrong, they were Whyte's actual eyes)

The original has more of a Primeval feel in its eyes.

x-M-x

Kevin Peter Hall, will turn in his grave if he sees whats been happing these past years 

AVP/AVP-R/Predators

if he was alive today..... the franchise would be "safe" i reckon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed