Predators Budget set at $40m

Started by willyeckaslike, Aug 30, 2009, 10:11:22 PM

Author
Predators Budget set at $40m (Read 14,394 times)

SM

SM

Amping up the versing and setting it somewhere other than modern Earth would've improved things somewhat.

SiL

SiL

Hence, original comic.

Or Briggs' adaptation thereof. That was fine until the Predator starting shooting the pulse rifle.

But then that was a rough first draft - Would love to read the later drafts he did.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: SiL on Sep 16, 2009, 06:27:52 AM
Satisfying? Unlikely.

It's been said countless times, but sticking closer to the comic would've pleased pretty much everyone.

mm, no.

Briggs' script was just as crappy as the crappy comic it was derived from and if I want to watch ALIENZ: the more penis edition!!!!unounoeleventyeleven now with Preds!!!!!eleventyunounoonce, I'll just put both movies on at once, which is about how qualitative it would actually sound as one product.

SiL

SiL

Clearly a lot of people don't share the same opinion.

Xhan

Xhan

A lot of people think Britney Spears is talented, and "American Dad" is funny.

SiL

SiL

And a lot of people think Alien is a great movie, so it's not like the masses are always wrong.

NikTh

NikTh

And that's where the director and/or producer kicks in. To get in the right actors in the right way...

Which, of course can all be blown to crap if the screenplay is...erh...crap  ::)

40m is more than enough, I think. Maybe they should skip the big budget stuff and make it an underground movie. That would force the movie makers to be creative and innovative... The good ol' less is more?!

These days I feel like the more money is available for movies, the more they waste on stuff they might/could do with it (CG, fx, "hot" actors, etc.) and put it into the movie, which more often than not, doesn't add anything to the general (feel of) the story. 

SM

SM

QuoteA lot of people think ... "American Dad" is funny.

Who?  I want names!!!

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: SM on Sep 17, 2009, 11:15:03 PM
QuoteA lot of people think ... "American Dad" is funny.

Who?  I want names!!!

You.

SM

SM

What?  Is that a joke??

SiL

SiL

It's hard to tell.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed