Predators Budget set at $40m

Started by willyeckaslike, Aug 30, 2009, 10:11:22 PM

Author
Predators Budget set at $40m (Read 14,400 times)

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: ~Ezio~ on Sep 08, 2009, 10:16:57 PM
It's enough for RR, but it would be a plus if it were more ofcourse.

So...enough for Rodriguez? The one who is producing this movie? You don't know what you're talking about. A bigger budget means a PG-13 rating. And even 40 million is generous. Think about it, the only Predator movie that did both good critically and financially was the original, 22 years ago. If I were a Fox executive, that's all I'd give the thing. Especially after two hated movies.

Know what you're talking about, otherwise :-X.

Moody

Moody

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Sep 08, 2009, 10:20:13 PM
Quote from: ~Ezio~ on Sep 08, 2009, 10:16:57 PM
It's enough for RR, but it would be a plus if it were more ofcourse.

So...enough for Rodriguez? The one who is producing this movie? You don't know what you're talking about. A bigger budget means a PG-13 rating. And even 40 million is generous. Think about it, the only Predator movie that did both good critically and financially was the original, 22 years ago. If I were a Fox executive, that's all I'd give the thing. Especially after two hated movies.

Know what you're talking about, otherwise :-X.

Dude Predator now could be made with 10.000, paying the actors cost the most back then Arnie was the man. You don't know what your talking about. No a bigger bugdet doesn't mean PG-13. Fox are just a bunch of cheap skates. And you need to tone it down, telling me to stop speaking my mind. ::)

Johnny Handsome

QuoteDude Predator now could be made with 10.000

Moody

Moody

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Sep 09, 2009, 03:53:19 PM
QuoteDude Predator now could be made with 10.000

Owkej I exegerated a bit, but it wouldn't cost much. Discluding to pay A-list stars

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

I kinda hope they cast no name actors who can REALLY act. In lots of films casting unknowns have really helped, such as in Cloverfield, District 9, and most of all Alien.

SiL

SiL

Predator isn't about unknowns. Predator is about big dudes, big guns, shit blowing up but good, and one awesome bad guy.

Besides, the only real "unknown" in Alien was Sigourny Weaver.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: cloverfan98 on Sep 09, 2009, 08:17:06 PM
I kinda hope they cast no name actors who can REALLY act. In lots of films casting unknowns have really helped, such as in Cloverfield, District 9, and most of all Alien.

The appeal is that it's people you know. "Hey it's The Terminator!" "Hey, Apollo Creed!" "It's The Body from wrestling!". I expect Jason Statham, Clive Owen, Benicio Del Toro, anyone and everyone.

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Sep 09, 2009, 10:14:03 PM

The appeal is that it's people you know. "Hey it's The Terminator!" "Hey, Apollo Creed!" "It's The Body from wrestling!". I expect Jason Statham, Clive Owen, Benicio Del Toro, anyone and everyone.
I will be happy if we get anyone of those guys!

Weasel

Weasel

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Sep 09, 2009, 10:14:03 PM

Yet people are idiots, what people want are good actors but not the people they would suspect. Take The Dark Knight. Who would have thought Heath Ledger as the joker, Aaron Eckhart as Two-face or Gary Oldman as Gordon? I think the generalizations of "everyone just wants popular action heroes" as lead roles stems from idiotic MTV generation fool rather than the real fans and people that appreciate good films.

SiL

SiL

We're not talking in general, though.

Both Predator movies were headlined by big name stars. It didn't get bigger than Arnold Schwarzenegger for 1980s action movies, and Danny Glover was hot shit at the time.

SM

SM

And the MTV Generation laughs at Weasels assertion.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Thats a good point about Arnold, I didn't think of that. But yeah cast people who can really act.

Moody

Moody

They just should have gone with this, Expendables+Predators=Win

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

40 million will be enough. Cloverfield had a budget of only 18 million and that had some great FX. I have faith.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: SiL on Sep 01, 2009, 04:46:03 AM
After seeing what District 9 did with 30 million, I have no worries about this budget.

Hell, the first two Predator movies were lower-budget anyway.

But District 9 was almost all cg.  :-X

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed