Predator Trophy Room

Started by gameoverman, Dec 12, 2007, 02:37:56 AM

Author
Predator Trophy Room (Read 141,595 times)

eyesofthedemon

Quote from: insaniac on Dec 12, 2007, 08:28:21 PM
Wow... That one skull looks like Rosie O'Donell!  :D
Hopefully Andersons skull is in there somehere  : ;D

Major Alan Schaefer

I love the skulls the dinsour has an easy explenation

I doubt the thing was dated...he was just assuming the first time they had contact with humans was the first time there were there

The Necronoir

First thing I noticed in the panning left shot of the trophy room was something which looked like a predator skull on the wall. I can't point it out in those screenshots because they're simply too blurry, but it definitely looks like something with mandibles.

Also, did anyone else notice that the 'underskull' revealed by the predator's skinning looks almost, if not identical to the one we see in Predator 2? Maybe they still had the original prop lying around. If so it's a nice nod, and has something of a message: in Predator 2 we saw the alien skull, meaning the aliens had lost, whereas this time we see the same skull get spattered with predator blood. Payback time.

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: shakermakerman on Dec 12, 2007, 07:31:50 PM

That one with splayed mandible things like a Pred reminds me of the Elite Skull from Halo.

Samus007

Quote from: eyesofthedemon on Dec 12, 2007, 10:09:04 PM
Quote from: insaniac on Dec 12, 2007, 08:28:21 PM
Wow... That one skull looks like Rosie O'Donell!  :D
Hopefully Andersons skull is in there somehere  : ;D

lol.  That's mean. But, i laughed out laud.

Xenokiller

I saw a rex, Queen, and a predator

Xenomorphine

The trophy stuff is so out of focus that I don't see how people are identifying what's being claimed is there, aside from the obvious side profiles of the Alien heads there. People are claiming there's a Queen, but all I can see is something which looks vaguely like a tube with some sort of mouth on the end of it. There's no obvious crest I saw on it.

Quote from: Jango1201 on Dec 12, 2007, 06:27:31 AM
"Thousands of years ago... These hunters found a back water planet..."

Those are sabastians exact words. So they couldnt have hunted here millions of years ago if they only found us thousands of years ago.

Precisely.

It should be kept in mind, however, that many people mistake the thing seen in 'Predator 2 for a Rex skull, when there are major differences.

I also seriously doubt that bone would survive intact after exposure to air for that long.

Quote from: MartyPredator on Dec 12, 2007, 09:00:11 AM
i just want to point out
ya ok it says thousands of years ago these hunters found a back water planet...thats when we was around and they taught us to wright and all....maybe they found as as cave men but we was to brute to learn and try to kill them, and yet again....they could of hunted the dinsoars then came back to earth found us then taught us
hmmmm

No, the glyphs said they found the planet several thousand years ago. Not "went back to after a brief while or so", but "found". :)

Quote from: Huol on Dec 12, 2007, 07:20:21 PM
He's cutting it off with a laser.

No, the beam is doing something to a slight portion of it, but the 'skin' is being peeled off fairly easily. Whatever the beam is, it isn't cutting, although it is making the organic stuff smoke a bit. It's only being waved over a very thin line.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

Xenomorphine....why would they date it?

Second, i doubt the Predators would say their life story of how they got there...they were the gods those people didn't care

insaniac

Quote from: Xenokiller on Dec 13, 2007, 01:01:24 AM
I saw a rex, Queen, and a predator

I saw a Rex, Queen and the fat head skull of Rosie O'Donall

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 13, 2007, 01:38:01 AM
The trophy stuff is so out of focus that I don't see how people are identifying what's being claimed is there, aside from the obvious side profiles of the Alien heads there. People are claiming there's a Queen, but all I can see is something which looks vaguely like a tube with some sort of mouth on the end of it. There's no obvious crest I saw on it.

Quote from: Jango1201 on Dec 12, 2007, 06:27:31 AM
"Thousands of years ago... These hunters found a back water planet..."

Those are sabastians exact words. So they couldnt have hunted here millions of years ago if they only found us thousands of years ago.

Precisely.

It should be kept in mind, however, that many people mistake the thing seen in 'Predator 2 for a Rex skull, when there are major differences.

I also seriously doubt that bone would survive intact after exposure to air for that long.

Quote from: MartyPredator on Dec 12, 2007, 09:00:11 AM
i just want to point out
ya ok it says thousands of years ago these hunters found a back water planet...thats when we was around and they taught us to wright and all....maybe they found as as cave men but we was to brute to learn and try to kill them, and yet again....they could of hunted the dinsoars then came back to earth found us then taught us
hmmmm

No, the glyphs said they found the planet several thousand years ago. Not "went back to after a brief while or so", but "found". :)

Quote from: Huol on Dec 12, 2007, 07:20:21 PM
He's cutting it off with a laser.

No, the beam is doing something to a slight portion of it, but the 'skin' is being peeled off fairly easily. Whatever the beam is, it isn't cutting, although it is making the organic stuff smoke a bit. It's only being waved over a very thin line.

yeah the beams is probably making the skin soften and become loose which makes it easier to pull off.....

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Dec 13, 2007, 01:39:24 AM
Xenomorphine....why would they date it?

Why would who date what?

QuoteSecond, i doubt the Predators would say their life story of how they got there...they were the gods those people didn't care

You realise the Predator stuff was based on what we, as humans, used to do, right? :)

Powerful cultures love to immortalise their achievements, whether in stone, in books or in computer files. It can be in the form of text or pictures.

And we all know how big the Predators' egos can be!

Keep in mind, that place was not for people to enter, much less spend time reading. It was for Predators to enter and meant for them to read. Only "the chosen" sacrifices were allowed to enter (along with an accompanying priest or so) and that would only be for a very shot period of time.

Propaganda is only useful if the supposed target audience can be aware of it. Therefore, it's not propaganda. It's a faithful record of acehivement meant for the Predators' benefit, made possible only by the engravings of their loyal slaves.

Quote from: Darth Vader on Dec 13, 2007, 01:51:57 AM
yeah the beams is probably making the skin soften and become loose which makes it easier to pull off.....

Doubtful. It's still only going in a very thin line. It wouldn't affect anything on either side of it, which is the majority of the stuff coming off there. :)

The two 'prongs' might be radiating something we can't see, however.

Major Alan Schaefer

well if it was meant for predators to read that means it had to use a system of time measurement based on earth's for a Predator to read...i origanaly was saying i doubt they'd say

Year 134: we were found hoora...

SiL

SiL

As a totally shameless means of making another thread about the skulls in the trophy room, let's all see what kind of familiar shapes we can make out in the vague, blurry, out-of-focus mess:

Anyone else see what looks like an oversized rat? It's like the little rat-like skulls Predators have a tendency to wear around their necks.

Weasel

Weasel

I do see the rat, but until we get a high-graph image it's going to be: 'looks like' and 'kind ofs'.

SiL

SiL

Well that's the point.

Never noticed there were human skulls there, either.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed