is predator concrete jungle good?? ( im new here )

Started by predatorguy07, Mar 23, 2008, 10:00:22 PM

Author
is predator concrete jungle good?? ( im new here ) (Read 12,299 times)

predatorguy07

hi
im kinda new here ( i have an account LONG time ago but never logged in..)
i wanted to buy pcj but
is it good?
all the reviews say its bad ... :(
can anybody tell me if i should buy it? or not?
thx for everything
---

-mimic-

I play a lot of games, pc and 360, mostly pc though :) I bought Predator Concrete jungle about a week ago because it was BC with the 360. The game has a lot of very primitiv things, graphics and gameplay wise which i think is why it got so low scores many places. But im still enjoying it a lot. So bottom line, if you are a predator fan then you are properly gonna enjoy it. Just remember to play around with the controlls and set them they way you like em best when you get the game, because the controls mapped from the beginning feels like the developers were drunk when making the game.  ;D

predatorguy07

im a pred fan :)
omg r the contols RLLY that bad??????
lmao maybe the makers rlly were DRUNK LOL!!
i think ill buy it

-mimic-

The controls are bad from the beginning. But after i played around a little with them and changed some things then they work fine for me.

There is also some training missions you can play to learn the game more. But i tried one of those and got confused. Then i just started the real game and learned it from there.

predatorguy07

cool :) thx 4 the  help

Master Chief

Also, here's a great review from Aeus. (He's a mod here)

Quote from: Aeus on Feb 10, 2008, 04:35:43 PM
Take notes.

The game was good, and the first three levels or so made me really feel like the Predator. 7/10.

I mean c'mon, what more do you need to know? 8)

War Wager

You can take a look at mine too. Basically the one above just longer.  :P

Pros

The game makes you feel like a Predator; the best thing a game like this could want the player to feel. Skull ripping, shooting off heads, splitting bodies in half with glaives, snapping backs and slitting throats are all seen in a bloody but strangely satifying way, a good move after seeing a child firendly AvP the year before. The levels are all well made, although what you actually do in levels usually consists of kill this guy, follow this guy, kill this guy. Something which can quickly become repetative. But to keep the player going, the game bosts a really good solid story, which is full of interesting characters that keep it flowing nicely. It's nice to see that the game tries to tie in with the Alien/Predator universe by continuing Predator culture/M.O.T.H.E.R/Yutani etc. I think the story is one of the main strenghts of the game, something that most movie inspired games today lack. Another thing the game does great is the overall look and feel of Scarface. He bosts the attitude, weapons, abilities that make him a classic example of the creature we know and love. Everything from the vision modes to comoflage are just brilliant.

Cons

Overall a good game but some things just drag it down. One of them being the sh*t graphics. The visuals on Scarface are really good and all (nice reflections on the armour/mask) but everything else is just bland (humans/buildings). Also the addition of Aliens kinda downgraded the whole 'Predator game' a bit. Aliens and Predators should be seen only in AvP games. The Aliens themselves, although they attack in hoards, are piss easy and not really worth getting exiting about fighting. Also the civilian vioce-overs are way too repeatative, some even annoying. I was disappionted to see that the netgun never made it into the final game, would have been fun to use, but the game has a wide variety of weapons/gadgets anyway.

7/10

predatorguy07

ok :)
i cant wait till i get it that game has to rock!!!
i luv preds

predatorguy07

I WANT THE GAME!its sooooooo cool

predatorguy07

I WATCHED every video on utube from PCJ
thhhhhaaaaaaaattttttt gammmmmmmeeeeeeee roooooooooockkkkkkkksssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dusk

Predator: Concrete Jungle is definitely not one of the most polished titles available, but for a Predator Fan it's definitely a fun experience. Too bad we haven't gotten a Sequel yet.

Horhey

The main thing I dont like is the fighting sytem. You hit people and they just stand there untill you kill them. And your weapons dont have a unique purpose. One is as good as the other for all situations. So, the only reason to use whatever weapon is just cause you feel like it. Its still a decent game though.

predatorguy07

is the bug hunt level hard?
it looks hard when i watched the vids...

Master Chief

No, just mind your sonic traps and you'll be fine.

predatorguy07

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed