Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 464,820 times)

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Mar 09, 2011, 11:07:24 PM
Harrigan is the only person to ever kill a Predator.

... a real one. Not some lame weak-ass knockoff that could only survive by virtue of its prey's incompetence.

Who killed the latter?

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

If I'm reading Sil right, I agree.

I found Pussyface better than Anytime, predator wise.

Anytime plucked off Specail force commando's one by one sure (by pluck off I mean he didn't engage them really when they were grouped up) but however and no matter how you view it but pussyface took out about 15-20 pumped drug dealers armed to the teeth in a single tight confined room. (in record time) That takes skill if you really think about it. They might not have had the same training as commandos but in close quarters they could of easily ripped up a swat team (specially if that swat team made any mistakes). Hell they had an entire police force pretty much pinned down in the streets. Pussyface slaughted them like live stock.

Its also tougher to remain undetected in a urban eviroment then a jungle enviroment.

Also Pussyface took out a goverment strike  team (that had a good understanding on what they were fighting) with grace and skill and in close combat with his cloaking offline and resticted to a more limited vision mode.  He also took like what 6? 8?  12 gauge shot gun shells at point blank range and still got back up again. While anytime was forced to patch himself up from a minor leg wound. Pussyface fought well in hand to hand missing an arm for godsakes.

Also I didn't find Pussyface firing wildly with a plasma caster when he got hit harder than he would liked unlike Anytime.

Also in a city enviroment its more likely to fight targets in groups, while in a jungle its easier to single out a target from its group.

Pussyface also seemed to be more tactically sound, he was forced to fight groups so he used his head to out manuver his oppents and get them in their flank or come down from above. While Anytime was seen most of the time getting  Dutch's team to split up so he could pluck them off one by one. In a city that's tougher to do, specailly in LA when there's another human another human a few feet away from you.

I won't deny that Anytime was good, he was smart and skilled. However Pussyface had tougher fights.

Now Dutch and Harrigan, well sorry to say this but I'd take Harrigan. For one you can see him aiming his gun and not firing from the hip like a hollywood movie star lol. 

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: The Ghoul on Mar 10, 2011, 01:10:26 AM

Anytime plucked off Specail force commando's one by one sure (by pluck off I mean he didn't engage them really when they were grouped up) but however and no matter how you view it but pussyface took out about 15-20 pumped drug dealers armed to the teeth in a single tight confined room. (in record time) That takes skill if you really think about it. They might not have had the same training as commandos but in close quarters they could of easily ripped up a swat team (specially if that swat team made any mistakes). Hell they had an entire police force pretty much pinned down in the streets. Pussyface slaughted them like live stock.

Its also tougher to remain undetected in a urban eviroment then a jungle enviroment.

Also Pussyface took out a goverment strike  team (that had a good understanding on what they were fighting) with grace and skill and in close combat with his cloaking offline and resticted to a more limited vision mode.  He also took like what 6? 8?  12 gauge shot gun shells at point blank range and still got back up again. While anytime was forced to patch himself up from a minor leg wound. Pussyface fought well in hand to hand missing an arm for godsakes.

Also I didn't find Pussyface firing wildly with a plasma caster when he got hit harder than he would liked unlike Anytime.

Also in a city enviroment its more likely to fight targets in groups, while in a jungle its easier to single out a target from its group.

Pussyface also seemed to be more tactically sound, he was forced to fight groups so he used his head to out manuver his oppents and get them in thier flank or come down from above. While Anytime was seen most of the time getting the Dutch's to split up so he could pluck them off one by one. In a city that's tougher to do, specailly in LA when there's another human another human a few feet away from you.

I won't deny that Anytime was good, he was smart and skilled. However Pussyface had tougher fights.

Now Dutch and Harrigan, well sorry to say this but I'd take Harrigan. For one you can see him aiming his gun and not firing from the hip like a hollywood movies star lol.

Totally agree man. Pussyface gets discounted way too often. His kill count is single-handedly higher than any Predator or Alien shown on film. Harrigan may not be an elite special forces soldier but goddamn at 6'4 and 220 pounds, he ain't one to take lightly.

Bloodee Jacob

Bloodee Jacob

Yeah I agree with you two. IMO Pussyface > Anytime. For the most part anyways. Pussyface seems to often be underestimated or undermined.

PredatorGFX

PredatorGFX

Quote from: The Ghoul on Mar 09, 2011, 09:41:52 PM
Quote from: PredatorGFX on Mar 09, 2011, 08:17:22 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 09, 2011, 08:05:35 PM
Sarcastic about being dutch and not understanding the joke.

Okay, got it.

Spoiler
[close]

LoL, About the racist thing.

I yeah...huh...well...

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/stephan095/avpnew%20dawn%20smileys/facehugged.gif

Get it ?
being sarcastic about sarcasm ?
ah nevermind, different countries different taste of humor.
let's stay on topic.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: PredatorGFX on Mar 10, 2011, 09:51:00 PM
Quote from: The Ghoul on Mar 09, 2011, 09:41:52 PM
Quote from: PredatorGFX on Mar 09, 2011, 08:17:22 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 09, 2011, 08:05:35 PM
Sarcastic about being dutch and not understanding the joke.

Okay, got it.

Spoiler
[close]

LoL, About the racist thing.

I yeah...huh...well...

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/stephan095/avpnew%20dawn%20smileys/facehugged.gif

Get it ?
being sarcastic about sarcasm ?
ah nevermind, different countries different taste of humor.
let's stay on topic.

I was just being stupid man, I caught the joke pretty fast.  ;D

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Ghoul on Mar 10, 2011, 01:10:26 AM

I hope those two are unrelated, cos that last part's not what I'm saying. At all.

QuoteThat takes skill if you really think about it
The Predator, while cloaked, dropped into a room full of drug-dealers who had just literally crammed cocaine into their faces and who had no room to move. That's not skill, that's a basic understanding of how a blender works -- tight space + blades = puree.

QuoteIts also tougher to remain undetected in a urban eviroment then a jungle enviroment.
Except if you just, y'know, go really high on a building. Which Pussyface did. The entire movie.

QuoteAlso Pussyface took out a goverment strike  team (that had a good understanding on what they were fighting) with grace and skill and in close combat with his cloaking offline and resticted to a more limited vision mod
As I've said to other people over the years, if everyone had been using live rounds, Pussyface would have been shot to hell. Would he have been killed? No. But he received multiple sustained blasts from the liquid nitrogen guns -- replace that with live rounds and you've got a hurt Predator.

QuoteHe also took like what 6? 8?  12 gauge shot gun shells at point blank range and still got back up again.
Only two or three were direct hits; the rest glanced or hit the armour as well.

QuoteAlso I didn't find Pussyface firing wildly with a plasma caster when he got hit harder than he would liked unlike Anytime.
Anytime sprayed the area that he was hit from to try and flush out a target he couldn't see. What's wrong with that?

Anytime was such a God-damn badass that he simply couldn't be killed by his prey. Pussyface got cut to shit, had his ass kicked halfway across the city and then got gutted like a friggin' fish. By his own weapon. At the end of the day the original Predator was the far more intelligent -- he picked his fight carefully and he owned it like a boss.

Pussyface leapt in and butchered a shitload of people, yes, but as the end of the movie showed, all that was needed for him to be stopped at any point during that was one guy with a shotgun who wasn't a complete moron. That's a pretty tenuous thing separating his victories from a massive ass-whooping.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

^ For one are you aware of what massive loads of Coke can do. For one my father had to shoot guys pumped on the shit and they won't drop from a few bullet hits at all.

Also they weren't shoulder to shoulder in there, and ontop of that he took them out in seconds, while lets say a swat team would take at least a few minutes and that's if they make no mistake and use flash bangs.

Next there's a better way to flush out an enemy then shooting in every direction.

Also ontop of that several memebers of the strike team did have live guns! Pussyface took them out first! Remeber that guy getting speared and bullets flew about the place. Only 3 of them had liquid nitrogen guns the rest had fire arms!

Plus harrigan can be seen aiming and unlike Dutch who constantly fired from the hip.

Also the final fight, anytime wasn't even hurt that bad at all. Like I said anytime is skilled but his fights were by far generally easier.

Pussyface, got shot up and lost a fricken arm. He still kicked Harrigans ass until Harrigan managed to gut him.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Dont forget that coke not only makes you stronger/resilient, it also heightens your senses making you more aware of the situation. Pussyface took out Columbians, Jamaicans, a train full of armed crims and government forces in a confined space without taking a scratch. The only time anytime was under fire like that was after "the big man was killed" and well, his blood was on the leaves.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: Ghostface on Mar 11, 2011, 12:18:21 AM
Dont forget that coke not only makes you stronger/resilient, it also heightens your senses making you more aware of the situation. Pussyface took out Columbians, Jamaicans, a train full of armed crims and government forces in a confined space without taking a scratch. The only time anytime was under fire like that was after "the big man was killed" and well, his blood was on the leaves.

Yeah coke is pretty much powdered adrenaline.

It also has a lot of the same sideffects. Its a upper, not a downer, so they would of been hyper alert like mad.

SM

SM

ZOMG!!11!, siL sed the pussyfacE teh suxorz!!1!!

Ghostface

Ghostface

Also makes you feel invincible. We can see this after El Scorpio shoves a fistfull of yayo in his face montana style while preparing for the cops to raid their building.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: Ghostface on Mar 11, 2011, 12:58:38 AM
Also makes you feel invincible. We can see this after El Scorpio shoves a fistfull of yayo in his face montana style while preparing for the cops to raid their building.

Well yeah man its a powerful upper.

It also gives you one hell of a boner too.

Ghostface

Ghostface

plenty of songs written about that  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed