Alien: Isolation

Started by newbeing, Oct 21, 2013, 12:11:03 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation (Read 69,929 times)

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I'm actually really excited for this game. The Alien is a f**king monster!

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I just watched the trailer on Bloody Disgusting.
It looks promising, the atmosphere appears to be there which is definitely important in an Alien(s) game.
I still hate the whole Amanda Ripley thing.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jan 08, 2014, 02:11:15 AMI just watched the trailer on Bloody Disgusting.
It looks promising, the atmosphere appears to be there which is definitely important in an Alien(s) game.
I still hate the whole Amanda Ripley thing.
It's not so much her being in it - after all, we only have Burke's word that she's dead, and he's not exactly the most trustworthy guy in history - it's that clearly no one knows anything about the Alien in Aliens. So they'd better have an awesome way to make sure the events of the game would never get out.

I'm more interested in this game than I thought I'd be, but I remain cautious. I love the idea of there only being one Alien that will kill you outright if you even go near it, but I wonder how they can stretch that out into a full game.

Gate

Gate

I don't even care about the Amanda Ripley thing anymore. The hype train has left the station and I hope to god we don't crash while crossing the SEGA bridge.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Gate on Jan 08, 2014, 04:10:28 PM
I don't even care about the Amanda Ripley thing anymore. The hype train has left the station and I hope to god we don't crash while crossing the SEGA bridge.
Pretty much this.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

While its awesome to see a new alien game in the works, Sega has gained a bad reputation with QC Issues and have earned a black mark with Sonic 06 and Aliens CM. with that, I think it is best that No one preorders this game. no matter How good this demo looks, we should be weary of deceitful demos. Aliens CM should be burned well into our minds of Sega's ignorance, and we should continue this caution with this game. Now don't get me wrong this game could no doubt be awesome. it shows plenty of promise and the concept sounds alright. but with the name of these developers and publishers stamped on the title I will simply wait until the game is reviewed. sorry Sega, your not getting into my wallet that easily.

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Quote from: TITANOSAUR on Jan 08, 2014, 07:31:24 PM
While its awesome to see a new alien game in the works, Sega has gained a bad reputation with QC Issues and have earned a black mark with Sonic 06 and Aliens CM. with that, I think it is best that No one preorders this game. no matter How good this demo looks, we should be weary of deceitful demos. Aliens CM should be burned well into our minds of Sega's ignorance, and we should continue this caution with this game. Now don't get me wrong this game could no doubt be awesome. it shows plenty of promise and the concept sounds alright. but with the name of these developers and publishers stamped on the title I will simply wait until the game is reviewed. sorry Sega, your not getting into my wallet that easily.

I agree 100%!

Greedo

Greedo

wow this looks really interesting indeed!

Will try it out , i love the atmosphere of the game and the Xeno looks absolute beast!

<3

Gate

Gate

FOOL ME ONCE

SHAME ON YOU

FOOL ME TWICE

SHAME ON ME

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Yeah but this time we have not only a great looking gameplay demo (which A:CM did have) but actual accounts from actual gamers who got to play the demo themselves.  Its good to know this isn't some pre-rendered footage.  An Alien game never looked so good.

Even though Alien is my favorite film I hope CA won't contradict the sequels or anything.  If Isolation turns out successful I would love to seem them tackle a Alien(s) game about the colony dealing with the aliens in Hadley's Hope.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Slightly more interested.  Not excited.

judge death

judge death

While its awesome to see a new alien game in the works, Sega has gained a bad reputation with QC Issues and have earned a black mark with Sonic 06 and Aliens CM. with that, I think it is best that No one preorders this game.
Amen and the right thing to do since most AAA games released now these days is flawed products and by preordering it you make it even easier to use that business idea. Wait until the game is released and reviews are out is a good way to make the studios and developers to release a good game because it wont sell else as good.

Quote from: Gate on Jan 08, 2014, 09:37:58 PMFOOL ME ONCE
SHAME ON YOU
FOOL ME TWICE
I never believed these videos or photos, looked faked and they were xD See the derelight ship in the background ehmm this is just a pr photo. What else to expect from a resurrected PS2 game from 2005?
Since Gearbox made duke nukem forever with showing good photos and videos and faked gameplay it was not new to me and several other game studios do the same so you gotta read info and be careful with newer games else you are screwed xD

I have much more hope in this fully new game which started in 2010 but Sega have their way to screw things up so I´m not expecting a 10/10 game but a decent 5-6/10 game max.

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 08, 2014, 09:47:06 PM
Yeah but this time we have not only a great looking gameplay demo (which A:CM did have) but actual accounts from actual gamers who got to play the demo themselves.  Its good to know this isn't some pre-rendered footage.  An Alien game never looked so good.
True but it is too early to trust gameplay videos and such since the game is far from complete at this moment.
At this stage most release special videos and photos to make it look better than it is, but it is promising. And I believe more in this game than the CM ever was.

WinterActual

WinterActual

I think the people learned their lesson and the sales will be way lower than the sales acquired by ACM and AvP 2010. In the beginning at least. If the game is good people will buy it anyway.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'll buy it anyways because 59.99 AINT SHIT when you got this drug money.

underbound

underbound

Wat do you know about drug money? Its all aboot the apples at the blak mark ette

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed