New AvP Featurette Released!

Started by Darkness, Apr 07, 2004, 01:48:37 PM

Author
New AvP Featurette Released! (Read 19,441 times)

Predator2004

Predator2004

LOL PredaManha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!(Am I the only one laughing guess im a loner   :-\  )

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

"The 1st movie Predator was no novice so his helmet should be kick ass by your all mighty statement."  He was the first Predator on screen, so his helmet was the first design. That's common logic.  "He came here on this planet on his own and appeared to be older and honorable. So go figure that theory out."   The first and second Predators being "novices" could be argued, but that's up to the imagination. If it appeared to be older and honorable, that's simply your outlook. Personally, I agree somewhat with Anderson's outlook on the two Predators, being novices because they haven't earned the right to hunt Aliens. The Predators in AVP are passed the human hunting phase. Besides, the first Predator spent the majority of the film simply picking off his targets in the distance using sniping tactics. I don't think he was honorable at all. He may have disarmed himself (still had the wrist-blades) but that could also be a sign of arrogance.   "Please dont take the comments serious as they are only that. And not a selfish one."  Sorry, it may have come across that way, but I didn't take them seriously. I just think whining about helmet differences is a petty gripe, as AVP isn't the first movie to showcase a few differences.    "Oh technologly advice hmmm whats the time difference to p2?"  It once may have mattered, but they could have had this technology during Predator 2. Remember; Anderson stated that Predators use different weapons to hunt Aliens. Just like a hunter brings an elephant gun to hunt an elephant. The time difference would then mean nothing, but that's still 7 years.(Assuming AVP takes place in 2004. P2 took place in 1997.) Since hunting Aliens is an ancient ritual, I doubt the technology is "new" to them, it's only new to us.

Killer_Kakashi

Killer_Kakashi

Personally i think the pred in the first film was an old pred, that had his eyes damaged (Looks at the preds vision in the second film compared to the first) and this was like his final hunt. That's what I think anyway   :D  

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

PredatorDragon: "I really hope their are no human survivors well at least female tough girls anyone. I know Bishop has to live.... "  Me too, but I have a feeling the chick may live.. and Bishop will die.   **SPOILER**  SuicideSquad asked Henriksen outright whether he lived or died in his interview with him, and Henriksen said he died. (Has a heart condition or some other terminal illness in the movie.) Other "near ending" spoilers from interviews also suggest that it is the chick and the Predator right up to the end, with no other survivors seen.

Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails

*Sigh..*    :-\    -Rusty Nails

ALIENS

ALIENS

I hope the humans in the movie die in the worst ways   ;D  ,i have a question about the predator in the first film..... why was the pedator in the jungle hunting,what was his mission?does anyone know why he was sent to earth and please dont tell it has to do with the avp story.  :-\  

Growler

Growler

to ALIENS:  No mission, just a safari.  It's why rich british guys back in the day went to Africa to hunt lions.  He probably wasn't "sent" to Earth, it just may have been his choice of hunting grounds.

Melmac

Melmac

This is the true story of the first Predator movie: The Predator in the 1st movie was an exile for breaking a clan law.  He was sent to a spot on Earth that was far away from the current clan that was already there.(The underground ship from Predator 2.  It has been there for centuries)  He had to gain his clansmen respect again by hunting the stongest foes in the area.  That is why he did'nt killed Arnold and rest at the begining.  He watched them take out the Gorilla troops and knew that they would be the greatest trophies he could get to be welcomed to the current clan in L.A(He had a device to find the ship's location)  From there he could report to his original clan and that's the true story people.

Olopolip

Olopolip

Melmac; what makes you think he was an exile? A lot of hunters (Humans,Leopards,Eagles etc.) hunt by themselves. The Predator in P2 hunted by himself too. They are solitory hunters by nature.... they don't do teamwork. This solitary hunter has been mentioned a few times (i think in the game AVP2 sometimes) and other sources too. So you may be right about the exile bit, but Preds hunt alone anyway. Hunting in numbers just isn't honourable.

izzet

izzet

What predators have in technology and intelligence, Alien is the ultimate pure breed specie that can multyply in numbers in seconds.

Growler

Growler

To Melmac:: if that is fact, where did you pick up that information to back that up?  To Olopolip:: Predator will hunt in pairs or more depending on the species they are hunting or the numbers they are up against.  Look at the original AVP comic books.  Book #1 there was group of Preds that were highly dis honored.  They attacked a common family that posed no threat at all.  By book # 3 or  # 4, the lead hunter recovered in time to observe one of the young predators attacking the human doctor that nurtured him back to health.  As he fought to protect her, he discovered the net of trophies the young predator had.  One trophy was a distinct human child, a skull smaller than the others.  Exile was not an option for the young predator.  Instead, a spear through the bottom jaw to the top of his cranium.

Killer_Kakashi

Killer_Kakashi

To Growler: I think primarily though Preds will more often than not hunt alone. Better experience than in a group

kysgr

kysgr

Aliminator--- Biomechanical is organic living machine & i assume it would be able to breed or eve run a hive.  also i never attacked anyone. sorry if it looked that way. I understaind that everyone has their own beliefs but i was definding mine when they were attacked.  sorry everybody!

Growler

Growler

To Killer_Kakashi :: You're absolutely right.  I was just commenting that there may can be situations where they's team up.

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

to Melmac,I'm not saying your totaly wrong but I don't agree with what your saying.In Pred 2 its in L A with record heat and rampent crime wich atracts the Predators in the first place, but Gary Busey's character Peter Keyes says that he has been following them for fifteen years,that the FIRST Pred stalked and killed an elite special forces team w/only 2 survivors.Then he mentions hes tracked them in Iwo Jima,Cambodia,Beirut there drawn to heat."He's on Safari,the Lions the Tigers ,The Bears Oh,my".Then he says its taken him more than 2 weeks to learn his patterns.So to say that this group of Preds have been in the city for centuries I disagree and say that they have only been there since summer or since the wars/fighting/crime have been going on or both but not centuries.They have been coming to EARTH for centuries (the flintlock pistol from 1715) but for them to be under the city for a 100 years or so and them not doing anything until that time with not being noticed is kind of kooky if you ask me.Plus the ship seen in space in the first movie looks nothing like the one under the city in part 2.Now Melmac you could be right/wrong thats your opinion and I'm not nailin you for that but I am also giving my own wich may or may not be correct also,the only people who know for sure are the people who made the films and Stan Winston since he designed/created the Predator    :)     >:D 

Also in reply to :izzet",you say that the Alien is the ultimate 'pure bred' specie that can multiply in seconds.I disagree greatly,first to be a 'pure breed' you have to breed and reproduce w/your own kind.Aliens are born from different species of hosts so they are 'mixed' breed if anything.And second, how do you figure that they can multiply in 'seconds'.It's not an asexual creature that reproduses by binary fission, meaning it dosn't split from a 'parent' cell to create 1 or more copies of itself.The Aliens need hosts to go through there lifecycle ( egg-facehugger-host-chestburster then starts it's extremely fast growth period, scene in Alien 1 wich took hours for it to fully mature not seconds so I'm disagreeing with you statement.You have the right to your own opinion but I also have the right to mine so don't get mad or take offence to my remarks    ;D 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed