Recent posts

Alien Films / Re: Favourite Alien Movie?
Last post by [cancerblack] - Today at 08:02:00 PM
Quote from: gold on Today at 07:48:00 PMMore than this?

Nobody said that you mong, he said he liked them well enough.
This is Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz of the Galactic Hyperspace Planning Council. As you will no doubt be aware, the plans for development of the outlying regions of the Galaxy require the building of a hyperspatial express route through your star system, and regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition. The process will take slightly less than two of your Earth minutes. Thank you.
Last post by gold - Today at 07:48:00 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Today at 06:48:23 PMI always loved Resurrection's weapons. I would have loved fot the movie to developped it a bit more.

Do you like this:

More than this?:

There is a reason the M41A (lower picture) is an icon of SciFi history and the upper picture from Resurrection was forgotten.

In terms of aesthetics the M41's design is based on phi or the Golden Ratio, 0.618. The horizontal position of the mag in relation to the shroud (Golden Ratio), the 60 degree angles of the shroud and mag, the vertical height of the mag in relation to the upper receiver and shroud handle (Golden Ratio), the length of the carry handle shroud in relation to the overall length of the whole weapon (Golden Ratio). How the front of the shroud ends at the rear of the pump handle. How the metal "tab" holding the shrouds together is at 2/3ds of the triangular area it lies in (above and forward of the magazine). Many more examples.

It was a literal work of art. The bright red digital display being icing on the cake adding a third dimension to the weapon. I appreciate these things because design and ratios is my work.

People gravitated towards the M41-A because of this natural aesthetic. There is a reason it has been manufactured in mass produced items you can buy (HCG, Snow Wolf, Matrix Airsoft), while bar you me and a handful of others people have never even heard of the gun in the upper picture, which doesn't even look like it has a usable handle. It looks (artistically and aesthetically like it was thrown together) like a crowbar. Sure it might be functional in universe like a crow bar or screw driver is, but as a viewer appreciating aesthetics, there is nothing to appreciate.

We can't deny that there is a natural very very well thought out aesthetic to the M41-A and the other weapons are forgotten. Certainly not adored enough to be mass produced by third party companies.

This thread (the poll) confirms that almost twice as many people prefer Aliens (the lower picture) for very well thought out reasons. It was a work of art.

Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by Acid_Reign161 - Today at 07:46:55 PM
A movie bringing back Newt and Hicks brings nothing to the table. It either 1; lets them all live and gives them a happy ending (which is dumb; the likelihood of all three surviving another encounter is exceptionally unlikely given the nature of the organism; nobody wants invincible characters, the movie would have no stakes), or 2; the movie kills one or more of them, and the whiners will then complain and ask what the point of bringing them back to kill them again was. It was a stupid idea whichever way you look at it.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by cucuchu - Today at 07:46:11 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Today at 06:46:56 PMI fear the official trailer's gonna go crazy and show a lot.

Seems like Fede is doing everything in his power to not overexpose the film, based on what he has said in the interviews. I remember the covenant footage with the backburster that was able to find online many weeks before the film's release and how I really, really would of rather experienced that first in theatres. Seeing as how I can't hold back from viewing and over-analyzing every morsel of Romulus footage that finds its way to the net, I hope he is successful in protecting us from ourselves.
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 07:41:19 PM
Quote from: Rankles75 on Today at 07:07:00 PMThanks Mike! 👍

I've been waiting a looooong time for a viable alternative to "Ripley dreams of expendable bald guys", and was hopeful that this would be it, but apart from retconning what came after Aliens, I don't think I've liked anything I've seen or heard about it.

Guess I'll be sticking to the Gibson version or the Dark Horse trilogy.

I still think that the Alien 3 we got is by far the best of the many stabs at an Aliens followup across any medium that we've gotten over the years – especially in its Assembly Cut form – so I'm very ok with that remaining intact as the Aliens sequel. I love the movie.

That being said... I really want to see Vincent Ward's ideas and concepts used in some capacity, somewhere.

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Today at 07:19:41 PM@Mike's Monsters can I ask what's the source suggesting t the third entry of Ridley's Prequel was going to be called Alien: Destiny?

That name came to us publicly from a podcast from some of the producers involved in "Aliens vs Predator: Annihilation," the AVP anime that was canceled after completion over at Netflix.
Last post by Slutty Badger - Today at 07:34:09 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Today at 06:48:23 PMI always loved Resurrection's weapons. I would have loved fot the movie to developped it a bit more.

Well, hopefully we'll get that in Alien: Uncivil War.
Last post by XENOMORPHOSIS - Today at 07:19:41 PM
@Mike's Monsters can I ask what's the source suggesting t the third entry of Ridley's Prequel was going to be called Alien: Destiny?
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed