Anybody else concerned

Started by predator2rules, Feb 23, 2017, 09:47:18 AM

Author
Anybody else concerned (Read 15,865 times)

D88M

D88M

i am not concerned, i just dont give a shit, we havent got a decent Predator movie since Predator 2, IM3 is a bad movie with lots of stupid disney jokes, i dont like the casting, i dont like the idea, i will watch it out of curiosity, and not in theaters unless the trailers look really really good, and still i would go without expecting a good movie, which i can 99% guarante it will not be

Quote from: overthere on Feb 23, 2017, 04:50:41 PM
You guys are all insane. This movie is doing something great. By the looks of that leaked thing, there's a whole lot of things going on. Finally a Predator movie where a lot of things happen, not just slashing people one by one. I don't think any one of you loves the original more than me, and I find what I've read amazing. Can't wait. Damn time for Predator movie to explore stuff like this.

what do you mean by that? i need examples, because what we have heard about the Predator language, suburbia setting and so on, sounds bad, like a Spielberg mvoie with a Predator also this is not made for the fans, this is more like a sequel/reboot for casual audiences, it is the trend, they do hope to catch old fans in this with a new Predator movie tough

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: D88M on Feb 23, 2017, 09:21:18 PM
i am not concerned, i just dont give a shit, we havent got a decent Predator movie since Predator 2, IM3 is a bad movie with lots of stupid disney jokes, i dont like the casting, i dont like the idea, i will watch it out of curiosity, and not in theaters unless the trailers look really really good, and still i would go without expecting a good movie, which i can 99% guarante it will not be

:) Fact.

T888

T888

Last post before going to bed.

I won't be the bad guy here for saying something true.

For example, what is the purpose of bringing romance, nudity, minorities, child, etc...IF they don't have a real achievement in the movie?

Example:

- romance in DeadPool is vital, without it there is no story
- childs in Mercury Rising, Last Action Hero, The sixth sense... Are what made the films unique
- gays in I Love You Phillip Morris, obviously they are the key of the succes
- Danny Glover (black people)  in Letal Weapon, he was essential to the story

I could go on like that. My point being, every thing in a film should make sense. And putting a gay couple in Alien, it is just to seduce people, being open to the contempory era.

The real tragedy behind that, that you forget, is that it doesn't serve the minorities. It is always just a bunch of prejudices which tarnish the image of the community by limiting them to something with no value, just being present.

Even the cat of the first movie had more purpose, you will see!

That's all I wanted to say. There is a difference between being respectful and being submitted to everything without questioning anything. I let you think about that.

SiL

SiL

This is for predator, dude.

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

QuoteYou don't get what I tried to say. I am not only talking about the gay couple in Alien Covenant, but the other people, it seems that they are almost all in couple. It is weird. We lose something I think. In the first Alien, nobody knew nobody before going into the ship. That is why the huit-clos (in english we say "behind closed doors style of film" I think) was so intense. But here (also in Prometheus), some of the crew are already together. I think it is not a good move.

The crew knew each other in Aliens and it was fantastic and didn't hinder the narrative at all. I think you're reading into things that aren't there, so much you can only describe it as "we lose something I think ."

QuoteAnd that is why I talked about the gay couple, because It seems very exuberant in comparison of the other. That's all. I was uncomfortable actually. That is my point.

Using the gay couple as a scapegoat to voice your issue with "losing something " makes no sense. If you watched the clip and felt discomfort then I don't know what to tell you. They were happy in an atmosphere where alcohol and other happy people were present. It's not like the tone of the film will stay exuberant like they're going to a picnic...and you already know that.

And I edit my post before, I add this:

QuoteI exagerated on purpose and I responded a little bit more in my previous message.

But my point is this: Why not focusing on the real matter? Doing a Predator film. Doing an Alien film?

I don't think you exaggerated I think you just spoke your honest opinion of how uncomfortable you are. I'm pretty sure Shane Black IS focused on doing a Predator film. You're hung up on the things that you don't think fit and focusing on them.

QuoteLet's go back together and see what made these films the best of their kind. By putting the spectator in the front seat of fear, of survival and of the human limits by the way of a ingenious story.

A kid and gay characters has nothing to do with that. And you're acting like seeing the prologue clip means you've seen the whole movie.

QuoteNow let's see what today we have in Predators, Terminator Genysis: action, action, action and nothing else (the plot of Predators was good but very badly managed). 

So you agree it's all about execution.

QuoteSo why bother to put another constraint (like a kid) which can only be a risk and not a safe bet? 

Because it's part of the story Shane wants to tell.

QuoteDo you follow me?

All I've gathered is if you personally don't think a character or character trait is necessary, you'll think the film will "lose something."

Kerrod33

Kerrod33

On the subject of Alien: C - Colonising does not just involve the process of sending oomans to a place and reproducing. You need people to establish morals, laws, customs and traditions etc for the future colony. So a homosexual couple fits perfectly fine into a colonising story line.

Back on topic with The Predator - I can look past the fact that everyone seems to think it's a sin to have a child in a Predator film if it can be executed. That's the key to this... It's execution, the end product. That will decide if the film is good or not and having a child in the film does not make it bad from the start. Wait for the movie to come out before you judge it. Has no one these days ever heard the expression "Don't judge a book by its cover".

Anyway, I'm excited and can't wait to see the end product of this. Got my fingers crossed for an excellent take on this franchise :)

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Quotewhat is the purpose of bringing romance, nudity, minorities, child, etc...IF they don't have a real achievement in the movie? 

Example: 

- romance in DeadPool is vital, without it there is no story
- childs in Mercury Rising, Last Action Hero, The sixth sense... Are what made the films unique
- gays in I Love You Phillip Morris, obviously they are the key of the succes
- Danny Glover (black people)  in Letal Weapon, he was essential to the story

Having diverse characters with different traits, values, and qualities serves good purpose in of itself. How interesting would the original Predator be if every guy had the same personality and traits? And your assumption of the kid in the Predator and gay characters in Covenant serving no purpose is not only based on nothing, but it's a flat out piss poor prediction.

Your examples are haphazard in logic. The love story in Deadpool is necessary after the film came out? Well before it came out, you can't say a love story in a Deadpool movie is necessary.

Kids made a few films unique (despite kids being in countless other action films)? That isn't an achievement in the movie.

Gays in I Love You Philip Morris weren't the key to the success, the execution of the film was. Any film can be good/bad/successful/unsuccessful depending on execution, not subject matter or traits of its characters.

Your Glover/Lethal weapon example is terrible - the color of his skin is justified because he is essential to the story? Otherwise characters should be what default race? Tell me.

QuoteAnd putting a gay couple in Alien, it is just to seduce people, being open to the contempory era. 

The real tragedy behind that, that you forget, is that it doesn't serve the minorities. It is always just a bunch of prejudices which tarnish the image of the community by limiting them to something with no value, just being present. 

Even the cat of the first movie had more purpose, you will see! 

Don't condescend to me and tell me what's good for minorities when your idea of it is them staying in their place and being defined by their race and/or sexuality. You assuming their characters won't serve the story is illogical. By getting to know these characters and how they act, what traits they have, who they are, allows the audience to relate to them. That serves purpose already because when they die, or are put in danger, we care .

Quoteay. There is a difference between being respectful and being submitted to everything without questioning anything

The fact that you feel the need to question why gays or people of color are in a movie speaks more to your character than anything. I don't need to question or "submit" to having them in my movies because there's nothing to submit to. They are people who reflect real society.
QuoteI let you think about that.
With respect, I found no wisdom in anything you said.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

No wisdom at ALL. Just hate and bigotry. Apparently if you're different you have to have a "purpose"? You can't be different for different's sake.

I mean why'd they make Mac black? He is because he just is.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 23, 2017, 11:34:27 PM
No wisdom at ALL. Just hate and bigotry. Apparently if you're different you have to have a "purpose"? You can't be different for different's sake.

I mean why'd they make Mac black? He is because he just is.

You're happy because half of the fanbase is pissed. :D

Keith

Keith

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Feb 23, 2017, 03:44:56 PM
Quote from: Keith on Feb 23, 2017, 03:38:57 PM
Quote from: predator88 on Feb 23, 2017, 02:00:08 PM
If they would only stick to a story about a bad blood predator going on a killing spree on Earth and a Tracker predator send to take him out and humans caught in the middle.This  would have worked so much better.

Exactly what I had hoped for.

Sounds like a ripoff of AVPR. Only difference is replacing Xenomorphs with the bad blood predator.

It would still be a lot better than the dross they have in store for this one.

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Keith on Feb 24, 2017, 02:26:15 AM
If they would only stick to a story about a bad blood predator going on a killing spree on Earth and a Tracker predator send to take him out and humans caught in the middle.This  would have worked so much better.

Sounds like a ripoff of AVPR. Only difference is replacing Xenomorphs with the bad blood predator.

A half baked ripoff is worth less than dross, which The Predator won't be.

Keith

Keith

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Feb 24, 2017, 02:29:57 AM

A 10 foot cyborg Predator with an annoying kid in the suburbs is the definition of dross.

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Keith on Feb 24, 2017, 03:05:41 AM
Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Feb 24, 2017, 02:29:57 AM

A 10 foot cyborg Predator with an annoying kid in the suburbs is the definition of dross.

Maybe if your imagination is severely limited, but I didn't read any spoiler talk on that other thread. Kids have been in plenty of great and serious films as main characters. The burbs isn't the only location of the film, and you don't have a definitive look at the final draft of the script. AVPR is dross, guaranteed to be the worst movie a Predator will ever be in, and it follows the blueprint you want. What's that tell you? It's about the execution. Unless you think there's actually a snowballs chance in hell Shane will make a worse movie than the Brothers Strauss. Doubt it.

SM

SM

Not concerned.  I like all the existing Predator films in spite of their shortcomings.  I dug Iron Man 3.  I like Olivia Munn and Keegan Michael Key.  Sounds like it could be fun.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Shane is not a groundbreaking director but a praised writer.Dekker is the writer of this movie and he sucks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed