Big Actors (Height/Muscle-wise) Who Could Go Toe-to-toe with a Predator

Started by germanator2, Aug 14, 2016, 09:55:24 PM

Author
Big Actors (Height/Muscle-wise) Who Could Go Toe-to-toe with a Predator (Read 3,399 times)

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Master on Aug 15, 2016, 01:07:47 PM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Aug 15, 2016, 10:48:46 AM
Humans are no match for a predator in melee.

Harrigan would disagree.
Harrigan had a Predator weapon... the Predator had one arm and was shot several times by a shotgun  :-\ But yeah, it's about tactics and brains, not all muscles.

The Alien Predator

Harrigan would disagree.

So would Royce and Hanzo.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Aug 15, 2016, 01:25:31 PM

Harrigan would disagree.

Again, Royce only killed the Predator when the Predator was shot from behind on his knees... if it wouldn't be for Isabelle, Royce would have been dead, hardly triumphant. Hanzo only killed the Predator by going amok on him, killing himself in the process, before that he was hurled like a rag doll. Bottom line is, hand to hand humans will never stand a chance against a Predator, and the movies actually only confirmed this.

Master

That's true. I'd even say Predator is his own worst enemy. If they didn't waste time to show off and were less self-confident , Predator-death ratio drops about 50-60%  ;)

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Master on Aug 15, 2016, 01:59:00 PM
That's true. I'd even say Predator is his own worst enemy. If they didn't waste time to show off and were less self-confident , Predator-death ratio drops about 50-60%  ;)
Probably, but i just love that attitude about them, they just so enjoy and have fun at what they do and it's an unique part of the character and really helps set it apart from the usual "i kill humans because i kill everything" concept of dozens of hollywood monster-creations. Predator wouldn't be the same without that playful, sadistic and cocky character.

Master

Master

True. Predator as character has so many of those little things and quirks that build character. Yes, I truly love this creature, as much as one can love fictitious alien headhunter.

Kaltes

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Aug 14, 2016, 11:31:02 PM
Even a short Predator would utterly dominate a sumo wrestler.

Unless you're Shorty.

And up against Machiko.

overthere

Quote from: Master on Aug 15, 2016, 06:25:03 PM
True. Predator as character has so many of those little things and quirks that build character. Yes, I truly love this creature, as much as one can love fictitious alien headhunter.

Me too. Well said.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Aug 15, 2016, 01:34:42 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Aug 15, 2016, 01:25:31 PM

Harrigan would disagree.

Again, Royce only killed the Predator when the Predator was shot from behind on his knees... if it wouldn't be for Isabelle, Royce would have been dead, hardly triumphant. Hanzo only killed the Predator by going amok on him, killing himself in the process, before that he was hurled like a rag doll. Bottom line is, hand to hand humans will never stand a chance against a Predator, and the movies actually only confirmed this.

I didn't realize you sort of ninja'd me above with counterpoints.

I was joking, I know the Predators could've easily won. City Hunter despite his wounds was most likely sparring with Harrigan rather than actually trying to kill him, he was caught up in the moment of the fight. Even if he was smacking him full strength with his wrist blades and having his blows repelled by Harrigan's stolen smart disc, he still wasn't at full strength so he does get a pass here. A human with the same wounds would be in a coma, let alone actually standing and fighting.

Berserker was obviously going to win if it weren't for Isabelle. The fact that Royce used an alien axe of unknown sharpness gives him a fair point for winning. Predators weren't really that durable against cutting based attacks as even the convict was able to shank him and you saw blood whereas explosions and blunt trauma hardly phase them. They're like Kevlar, good against blunt but suck against sharp based weapons.

Hanzo likely nicked a major artery so he too killed Falconer in a believable way.

This is what I honestly adore about the Predators. They're very strong but not overpowered. You and I actually would stand a (rather small) chance if we really played it smart, had the resources and knew how to use them. And us being Pred fans would know of their infamous cockiness lol.

I think physically there is no man alive or who has ever lived or who will ever live that can brawl with a Predator hand to hand.

Quote from: Kaltes on Aug 15, 2016, 06:37:55 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Aug 14, 2016, 11:31:02 PM
Even a short Predator would utterly dominate a sumo wrestler.

Unless you're Shorty.

And up against Machiko.

Heh, Machiko was trained in Jehdin afterall so she knew her moves.  ;D

And Shorty was a cocky little tit.  :P

Predator_Spirit

The EU is pointless when discussing films.

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't say that. EU concepts are brought into the film world quite often. Predator 2's basic premise is literally from the first Predator comic.

happypred

Harrigan would disagree.

Logic would disagree with you

Have you actually watched P2?

Master

Mean bastard, you know I did  :P Never said it was a fair combat, nor he was a better fighter. Only that it was a melee and in the end Harrigan was last man standing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed