Fox Talks Prometheus Sequel

Started by ikarop, Aug 01, 2012, 04:01:38 PM

Author
Fox Talks Prometheus Sequel (Read 89,973 times)

Prime113

Prime113

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Made my day.

BANE

BANE

Excellent news.

Quotehere are elements (a lost geologist, among many)
Geologists aren't cartographers or master navigators...They study natural formations. Like rocks.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I hope this gets made and is not put on hold like the sequel to Predators.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Aug 01, 2012, 05:43:52 PM
I hope this gets made and is not put on hold like the sequel to Predators.

I have a feeling we'll get this before a Predators sequel, if only because of the original plan to release the 'Alien Prequel' as a two-part film.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I honestly do not know how to comprehend the idea of a Prometheus prequel. Don't get me wrong, I really liked the movie for what it was and enjoyed a lot of the elements which it introduced, but with the way the first film ended we can assume that the next film will be Paradise, and if it does go in the direction where Prometheus ended... I'm not so sure I'm ready for that.

I am for a sequel. I really am.

Just please, no Xenomorphs. I mean the way the Deacon was kind of shoved in seemed almost ham-fisted in a way.

-Rakai'Thwei

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I'm all for it, so let's get this movie going already.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I wouldn't really say I'm hyped for it, but I'll give it a watch for sure.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 01, 2012, 05:45:38 PM
I have a feeling we'll get this before a Predators sequel, if only because of the original plan to release the 'Alien Prequel' as a two-part film.

Correction. Three part film series. We're going to be getting a trilogy.

And I hope we don't get a PREDATORS sequel. I'll take Prometheus sequels over Rodriguez's film any day.

-Rakai'Thwei

BAD_ASS_MOFO

BAD_ASS_MOFO

Maybe Fox should ask the fans to write it. Wouldn't it be cool if each forum dedicated to the Alien series and I know there's quite a few of them. Wouldn't it be cool if each forum got together writers and each forum posted their own script?

For example a group of users in another forum did just that and wrote a sequel. Well what they'd like to see in a sequel

http://www.prometheusforum.net/discussion/2878/paradise-lost-story-by-many-pf-users-and-script-by-me

I know prometheusnews and another site i forget the name of is doing this also. so why don't the mods or something get together some members here with writing experience and write a script using imagination and ideas from the members here?

fox might take notice :P

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 01, 2012, 06:04:01 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 01, 2012, 05:45:38 PM

Correction. Three part film series. We're going to be getting a trilogy.

And I hope we don't get a PREDATORS sequel. I'll take Prometheus sequels over Rodriguez's film any day.

-Rakai'Thwei

Deacon vs Goro-Predator!

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 01, 2012, 05:55:46 PM
Just please, no Xenomorphs. I mean the way the Deacon was kind of shoved in seemed almost ham-fisted in a way.

Ridley has said that a sequel would move even farther away from Alien that Prometheus was, so I wouldn't go in expecting literal Aliens. Of course, things can change from now to the film's release.

I would love to see more of the Deacon, however. I want to get to know just what the thing is.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Give it another 30 years, then we'll find out.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Aug 01, 2012, 05:06:15 PM
Then you and I saw a different film. I think the film is a vesper to heaven....lyrical, low key, beautiful.

We can agree to disagree. Us not liking something doesn't make it bad, it just means we don't like it.

It's not that I didn't get what it was trying to achieve. Just that Baraka did it years ago, about ten times better and ten time's more breath taking without seeing random shots of Brad Pitt and Sean Penn with a thousand mile stare.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 01, 2012, 06:06:46 PM
Deacon vs Goro-Predator!

No! Good God, no!

-Rakai'Thwei

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 01, 2012, 06:10:43 PM
Give it another 30 years, then we'll find out.

Does the Deacon wear a Ripley suit? :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed