Fox Talks Prometheus Sequel

Started by ikarop, Aug 01, 2012, 04:01:38 PM

Author
Fox Talks Prometheus Sequel (Read 89,021 times)

ikarop

ikarop

QuoteThe studio's big summer bet was Ridley Scott's Prometheus, June's sort-of Alien prequel. The $130 million-budgeted film grossed a solid but not spectacular $303 mil- lion globally, putting it right on the franchise bubble. Fox confirms to THR that Scott and the studio actively are pushing ahead with a follow-up (stars Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace are signed) and are talking to new writers because Prometheus co-scribe Damon Lindelof might not be available. "Ridley is incred- ibly excited about the movie, but we have to get it right. We can't rush it," says Fox president of production Emma Watts, who also has overseen the successful reboots of the X-Men and Planet of the Apes franchises. A Prometheus sequel would be released in 2014 or 2015.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/summer-movie-franchise-avengers-snow-white-magic-mike-356583

Nightmare Asylum

Excellent. I really hope that everything goes according to plan :)

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Good news! Thank you for that.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

No Lindelof, no problem.  ;D

Nightmare Asylum

I wouldn't mind if Lindelof came back, personally. Lindelof or not, Scott is still running with the human creator story and following up on the themes of the first film, after all.

Salt The Fries

I really hope they'll start this sequel with a backstory on Weyland as a character and the company, and then they'll segue it with the way Prometheus ended for Elizabeth and David. I also hope they'll explore the merger of Weyland and Yutani - probably caused by poor financial situation of Weyland Corp caused by allocating vast majority of funds to the Prometheus expedition (risking it all, hoping for a big pay-off). Needless to say I hope for a return of Guy Pearce as Peter Weyland.

King

King

"Damon Lindelof might not be available" LOL yea right the guy probably bailed out on Ridley almost instantly as soon as he heard sequel. probably found it hard to work with the director :P but yea hope things go well this time.

Gazz

Gazz

Great news!

botmetro

botmetro

Yeah baby 8)

newbeing

newbeing

Good news, but please no Spaihts... I feel like Lindelof got all the crap while Spaihts (the guy who wrote the terrible Darkest Hour before Prometheus) got off scott free.

ThisBethesdaSea

Get the writer of The Tree of Life. Or, better yet...get Jon Spaihts back.

At the end of the day....I blame Ridley Scott for the gaping holes left by way of editing. Lindelof's contribution.....I don't know. The problem with the film is more in the way it was put together, as opposed to the writing.

BUT

There are elements (a lost geologist, among many) that were poorly written.

FIX THEM.

Highland

Highland

The Tree of life was the biggest steaming pile of shit movie I've ever sat through 30 minutes of (that's how far I made it).

ThisBethesdaSea

Then you and I saw a different film. I think the film is a vesper to heaven....lyrical, low key, beautiful.

We can agree to disagree. Us not liking something doesn't make it bad, it just means we don't like it.

spinksy

spinksy

This has made my evening at work alot better!!! :-)

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

I'd like to see a thriller about how Weyland Industries becomes tied with the Yutani Coporation. And maybe end it with the Nostromo being redirected. But that is never going to happen. I hope at least we do get to see the whole Weyland Industries / Yutani Coporation joining though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed