Predators: Immune to electricity?

Started by RakaiThwei, Feb 08, 2007, 07:23:54 PM

Author
Predators: Immune to electricity? (Read 5,305 times)

BrokenTusk

anything like the plasma rifles they use in the books, comics, and games ?

Eidotemit

except concentrated electricity replacing the shot of plasma

BrokenTusk

is this a real Predator weapon or just an idea ?

Eidotemit

nothng more than an idea

BrokenTusk

oh thought you guys were mentioning about an upgrade to the AVP2: PH energy flechette weapon.

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

Punk 19

Why would it only not be able to penetrate pure stone?

Also, that sounds like a really cool weapon, as long as the design is right.

techtor

techtor

I would agree the Preds are not immune but probably highly resistant to electricity. So thousands of volts that is fatal to a human may not be that fatal to a predator. Maybe could stun or knock out.
And about that wire-mesh suit electric linemen use... could the pred's own wire mesh suit be like that? Could be written into the script. And the electric gun could be cast as an alternative to the plasma gun. Either plasma or the electric bolt gun - which, unlike the plasma gun, could project a sustained bolt for a long period of time. Well, it's only an idea.

yautja99

yautja99

The Predator on Predator 2 punched thru a TV with its bare hands and the electricity did not hurt him.

BrokenTusk

I'm sure they could withstand it a bit, but I doubt they're invulnerable to electricity itself, though for fire I would say yes.

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

Quote from: techtor on Mar 07, 2007, 10:50:32 AM
I would agree the Preds are not immune but probably highly resistant to electricity. So thousands of volts that is fatal to a human may not be that fatal to a predator. Maybe could stun or knock out.
And about that wire-mesh suit electric linemen use... could the pred's own wire mesh suit be like that? Could be written into the script. And the electric gun could be cast as an alternative to the plasma gun. Either plasma or the electric bolt gun - which, unlike the plasma gun, could project a sustained bolt for a long period of time. Well, it's only an idea.

It could be, but I do not know as it has open patches, like a fishnet.  The suit for wiremen is more of a solid weave..

Also broken I don't think they are invulnerable to fire.  A fire that may give us a 3rd degree burn may only be akin to a 1st degree burn to a pred, but they could still be killed by fire just as we could.  We just don't know the limits they can withstand.

BrokenTusk

well Scar seem to take the flame pretty well, with not caring to put it out. I'll say they're resisant to a degree since the enjoy the heat, but as all creatures could be incerated by the heat. They just can take the heat better then others.

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

Yeah, that sounds fair enough.

Meathead320

The amount of flame that Scar took was relatively small compared to the Flame thrower in the movie Aliens.

Come to think of it, did any of the Aliens get killed from the flame thrower alone? Or just pissed off by it? I know it killed the eggs but....

Back to the Preds; I don't think they are immune to any elements that we are not, but would be far more resistant to them.

I doubt a stark naked Predator could have taken that lighting bolt the was the fully equipped Pred did in P2.

To me it looked like it was a function of its technology to protect him from the bolt, by absorbing the energy to recharge.

The Equipment they wear may help add even more resistance even more so than they biologically have .

BrokenTusk

the Aliens as far as I seen haven't been burn by any flames in the movies.

Meathead320

Quote from: BrokenTusk on Mar 11, 2007, 06:04:25 AM
the Aliens as far as I seen haven't been burn by any flames in the movies.

That is what I thought. Just the eggs were destroyed by it.

Now the Adult Aliens are not fond of fire, they actually see to dislike it a lot, am a certain it causes them pain, but we have not seen it kill one that I can recall.

If an alien feels pain from something it will scream and carry on freaking out an backing away from what is causing it pain, even if what is causing it pain is not actually going to kill it. Aliens do NOT tolerate pain very well at all. They do seem more animalistic any how.

Predators on the other hand do not back away from pain. They are tougher than that. If they know what they are stepping through is just painful, but not capable from actually killing them, they would likely just step right through it, or ignore it like a badass.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed