Hero Predator ?

Started by stickaround, Jan 27, 2007, 11:41:38 PM

Author
Hero Predator ? (Read 15,358 times)

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

ya, but some people consider SW EU to not be true canon...besides SW books, as far as I know, don't contradict.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

um to your first reply all are considered canon and have been retcon so by the Del-Rey and LFL, for the second o hell yes some of the old previous books contradict some of the newer ones. they just change and retcon it in the essential guides. I been around the SW boards and you would be surprise how many ppl question how could Vader use lighting in the Splinter of Mind's Eye without experiencing harm in the suit. ::)

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

The predator should never be the "hero" in a Predator movie.  He isn't a villain either, he is only a force.

That said, the Predator can be shown to be doing "good deeds," such as killing the guy who is about to rape some girl, etc (although this would really be a side effect).  In the same way, I would like P3 to occur in such a manner where the predator is mostly hunting scum (perhaps because those are the only people who will be able to  carry weapons in a future setting or something, or maybe just for kicks, because of the demented genius) and his trophy is some scumbag, say a cerial killer/rapist/peadophile/child murderer/mob boss, etc, which would allow him to claim his trophy without the fans going nuts because he "killed the good guy".

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

how about have him kill the "bad guy" like in P:CJ ?

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

That is what I am talking about.  That allows him to claim the trophy without pissing off the viewers.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

I hope one of the writers gets wise and writes the script with the Pred like an anti-hero hunting bad guys or hunting a rogue Pred.

techtor

techtor

I'm for that. Pred anti-hero is out to get human bad guys. Might even be a mad scientist type of bad guy, that if the pred didn't get 'im, we'd have Tsar Bombas in the midst on New York or something.

I for one like Pred-human team-ups. Both are intelligent beings, so they should have some understanding, though it needn't get so sweet. For the squeamish, it can be a temporary alliance of convenience, then when they part, they don't know if they'll be enemies or friends next. It can be based on an issue of honor.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed