Predator Society

Started by Eidotemit, Jan 22, 2007, 12:29:06 PM

Author
Predator Society (Read 9,622 times)

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

how exactly do you think the Predator hierarchy works? From the films it becomes apperent that there is some sort of social structure, beyond that is left to be derived by the fans.

In P2 we saw the inside of the ship and a whole clan of preds, one who seemed to stand out as the leader or 'elder', then in AvP the same thing, clearly some sort of authority figure here. Also in AvP the Preds were taking some sort of trial against the aliens, implying that they were passing a test to move up in the ranks.

My theory is as follows-

-Elders -the leaders of the clans, oldest and/or most battle proven of the preds

-Warriors - Preds that have proven themselfs at a young age to be above the rest through hunts and survived the ritual (ie: preds that survived the test observed in AvP. They were adorned with numerous trophys, including human sculls, indicating the have had many successful hunts)

-Hunters- Predators who have matured enough to participate and activly hunt on their own (ie: the Preds from P1 and P2. I feel that P1 pred is old and a vet, but was never seected to becoe a warrior, and P2 was still a younger pred, weather he was too young for the test or didnt make it)

=everything after this is pure speculation with little to no basis on events showns in the films=

-Young Bloods- Predators who are too young to hunt on their own, still needing practice, edjucation and training (just on the assumtion preds dont come out of the womb ready to hunt with high-tech weapons)

-Rouge- Predators who deliberatly disobey the code of honor and/or show no loyalty to the clan. (We have observed what appears to be like a samurai-esk code of honor, so its not to wild to think that a pred could disobey this and go ronin or rouge, if you will)

-Arbiter- Preds who enforce the 'law' of the preds. Judge, jury, and, yes you guessed it, executioner. They would have to be preds of an extremely high caliber of skill and the best in their clan, to hunt other wild preds.

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Honestly I don't buy any of this comic-book info on the Predator (And I hope they won't use it in AVP2.)
One thing's for sure, as shown in Predator 2, a certain group/clan of Predators are lead by one with more experience, an "elder".
I also think we shouldn't get too many information on theyr society, or any extremely detailed information.
I like it if the Predator is a bit more mysterious. Sure we should know some stuff, but not as mutch as we read in the comics.
Then again, that's just my opinion.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Ive actually never read anything from the comics, and don't take anything from them into consideration, everything I came up with I just put together from the movies. I agree aswell about not being given all the information, because while its nice to speculate, once they tell you your almost always let down. The mystery is half the fun.

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jan 22, 2007, 03:17:47 PM
everything I came up with I just put together from the movies.

Yeah, I know, but I myslef just try to ignore the AVP movie and how it changed the Predators from their social point of view.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I see what youre saying, yeah I wasnt thrilled about what the AvP movie did to the preds either, but it could have been worse and wasn't too bad so I incorperate it into my theories.

Redfield

Redfield

i doubt that there are like a judge and jury predators, and i always assumed that the elder would execute rogues. but the idea of predators having to hunt other rogues is cool.

Fitzley

Fitzley

Just based on Predator and Predator 2, I have always thought that they were perhaps nomadic space hunters that stop off at their favorite hunting grounds to hunt the local aliens for sport. From Predator 2 it seems that they travel in tribes or clans, maybe have a respected leader. Perhaps these tribes remain autonomous from each other, they interact, but largly each group has its own set of rituals (Would explain the predators in AVP doing something we have not seen in any of the other Predator movies i.e. marking themselves and such).

I have not read any of the comics (with the exception of Batman vs. Predator), I just go by what I can observe in the movies.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

yeah, IMO the comics are schlock.

I always got that nomadic vibe from them too, but I don't really have anything to substanciate that (no more than they do have a home world or pereinant settlement somewhere), just the feeling I get from them.

yautja99

yautja99

You forgot Elite hunters they are true.

megasnake

megasnake

AVP movie came up with the blooding

UNBLOODED: Young Yautja who are trained the skills necessary for their adult hunting. They will move to the next rank after their first hunt. Death challenges were forbidden. They can only issue claw-challenges. Also, hunting pyode amedha was forbidden.

YOUNG BLOODS: Recently blooded Yautja. They are young, reckless, full of ambition and feel full of pride once they have collected the skull of their kill, which amuses the more experienced hunters. 

BLOODED: The only difference between the BLOODED and the YOUNG BLOODS is that the Blooded have more experienced but still not classed high among the great hunters.

SiL

SiL

Except that system's not applicable to all Predators, seeing as none of those seen at the end of Predator 2 had scars - Even the elder - yet there was an Alien head in the cabinet.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: yautja99 on Feb 27, 2007, 06:41:42 PM
You forgot Elite hunters they are true.

they are "true" according to..... what evidence

SiL-

I've always figured that the pred that gave Harrigan the gun was the 'elder', I thought thats what it was supposed to be. None of theese are really seen anywhere, I just tried to give some order to the predators based ONLY off what can be logically observed fromt he movies, and what was especially lofty and had little base I labled as such.

megasnake-

Nothing like that was diplayed in AvP or any other applicable movie. IF you could explain how you came up with that from the AvP movie (or any other pred movie) give evidence or examples por favor.

megasnake

megasnake

Eidotemit in AVP movie the mark of honor is on the scare preds head if a pred marks his head that makes him a young blooded hunter also It was Paul Andersons idea to put the blooding in AVP movie.

yautja99

yautja99

In sociology as in general usage, the élite (the "elect," from French) is a relatively small dominant group within a larger society, which enjoys a privileged status which is upheld by individuals of lower social status within the structure of a group so it can be like that for the Predators.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Eidotemit on Feb 28, 2007, 01:19:07 AM
SiL-
I've always figured that the pred that gave Harrigan the gun was the 'elder', I thought thats what it was supposed to be. None of theese are really seen anywhere, I just tried to give some order to the predators based ONLY off what can be logically observed fromt he movies, and what was especially lofty and had little base I labled as such.

Yes, it is an elder, but the blooding stages don't hold for that particular clan. None of the creatures were 'blooded'.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed