Ridley Scott Says Alien 5 is Not Happening

Started by Stolen, Apr 27, 2017, 05:26:51 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Says Alien 5 is Not Happening (Read 59,477 times)

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

I have no doubt Ridley is behind shutting this down. Which is fine by me, he doesn't want anyone else bastardizing his baby

kwisatz

Indeed hes fully capable to achieve this all by himself, lol.

KiramidHead

Sad news. This would have potentially rectified the mistakes of Alien Cubed. Also, about Cameron referring to Blomkamp's script: this is the guy who writes weird script/treatment hybrids that he calls "scriptments," so it wouldn't surprise me that he referred to it that way, even if it wasn't a fully realized script.

OmarVel1692

thank lord, I don't want anything from Blomkamp in the ALIEN scenario. He's overrated and his idea for Alien was to Cameronesque but in a mediocre repeated way

gantarat

Of Course it's not happening ! Alien 3 and Resurrection Still Canon by fox.

_r.ali

_r.ali

I don't know, he's a bit of a deadbeat dad then; considering he was willing to let it get bastardized as far as it has.

newagescamartist

Kind of glad this isn't happening. Even though part of me wants to see Hicks, Newt, and Ripley together again...that ship has sailed. It seems like nothing more than fan service at this point, and we've already gotten some questionable fan service films already.

D88M

good, it was a terrible idea, it was a terrible idea to ignore Alien 3, and the concept art we saw was terrible too, Neil wasnt the good director for this movie

windebieste

Would have been great...

in 1988.

Nonetheless, I still think Blomkamp would be a good choice to hand over the reins for this current generation of ALIEN movies once Scott has decided to move on. Blomkamp has the technical skills but will need a solid team around him to make it happen. 

Right now, Scott is in charge but it can't last forever.

-Windebieste.

FiorinaFury161

^ Indeed it would have.

Regardless I am pleased with Sir Ridley's opinion  ;D

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 27, 2017, 11:00:11 PM
Quote from: Necronomicon II on Apr 27, 2017, 10:34:30 PM
Yeah I wouldn't hold much stock in that translation.

What translation? There is a video interview:

http://www.allocine.fr/article/fichearticle_gen_carticle=18663572.html

Or we're talking about something else.
Wasn't there a written translation as well?

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 27, 2017, 11:00:11 PM
Quote from: Necronomicon II on Apr 27, 2017, 10:34:30 PM
Yeah I wouldn't hold much stock in that translation.

What translation? There is a video interview:

http://www.allocine.fr/article/fichearticle_gen_carticle=18663572.html

Or we're talking about something else.
I assume he means because it says "Translated from French" at the end.

His actual quote: "Well, there was never a script.  It was an idea which was evolved on, I think, a ten page pitch and I was meant to be part of the producer on that, and it didn't evolve, Fox decided that they didn't wanna do it so that was it, so I was already on to...I think I'd done Prometheus and I was already planning Covenant, so...dunno."  [Q: That's never gonna happen?] "I don't think so, no."

I love Riddles looking all over the place and twiddling his thumbs while waiting for the translator to finish.  :)

alternative

alternative

My assumption is fox believe Alien 5 will confuse audience's with what should be next for Alien covenant if that is such a case, how about a television series like Terminator: The Sarah Connor chronicles, with Sigourney Weaver and Michael Biehn reprising there roles ? wont confuse audience's with what's on the big screen, keep everyone entertained until Alien covenants sequel happens, I think its a winning idea

Necronomicon II

Yeah that's it ha, don't know why some projected bad blood or something to that effect, it came down to FOX.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Apr 28, 2017, 03:48:13 AM
Yeah that's it ha, don't know why some projected bad blood or something to that effect, it came down to FOX.
So Ridley says, at least.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed