Aliens Versus Predator + Millenium Expansion pack xp problems

Started by drone, Aug 13, 2007, 06:20:55 PM

Author
Aliens Versus Predator + Millenium Expansion pack xp problems (Read 6,091 times)

AcidGlow

Here's the video fix for nVidia cards

AvPGold_patch_v1.1.rar
http://es4life.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=5

I bought the explosive one off ebay and it's just the game in a diferent packaging and cd's are labelled differently, so I don't think it's any different then the original AVPGE CDs. To by pass the sound loop, you just have to hit enter to skip the "Fox Interactive" movie intro and it's fine.
Renaming avp.exe to avpge.exe can help also a bit. You might want to try upating the bink and smacker files also, who knows, it helped some people.
http://ukcm.net/htm/files/essentials.htm

And if disabling the movies helps the game run, then why not TURN Them off?... I do... and I've seen the endings and intros so many times so I can go without them... besides, they only play in first and last level.. so you're not missing out anything else from the other levels...

Corporal Hicks

I knew someone would have it.  ::) Thank you Mr Lurker.

Crimson Commando

Crimson Commando

My first post just had to be a help post didnt it? Anyways, I just got a new copy of AvP Gold Edition, the "Xplosiv Edition" that was supposed to work with XP. Well I'm having a problem just getting it to install. This message keeps coming up everytime I try to install it.
16 bit Windows Subsystem
F:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32/AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-Dos and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application. It's annoying and I dont know how to get around it.
My specs for my PC are as follows
Radeon 9200 series graphic card
Service Pack 2 Windows XP
Intel Pentium III processor
999 MHz with 256 MB of Ram.
Update: I found my own solution to the problem. I had it installed on my laptop which has Windows 2000, and just copied the whole folder over to my main PC, renamed the avp.exe file to avpgame.exe like its been mentioned on numerous other sites, and downloaded the latest .dll files to finally fix this problem.
Any sort of help will be appreciated, because I've always loved this game and I would like nothing more than to be able to play it on Windows XP without a hassle.

Corporal Hicks

Lol was about to suggest that. Remember Aliens Online? Yeah, wouldn't install on my PC - same error message - so I installed it on my lappy and then copied the files over.

carlp06

Wow tht site fixed my problem now I can go kill aliens!!!cos they suk

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed