Set Visit Part 3: 'Predators' Jungle Invaded By Robert Rodriguez!

Started by ace3g, Jun 22, 2010, 03:02:29 AM

Author
Set Visit Part 3: 'Predators' Jungle Invaded By Robert Rodriguez! (Read 6,201 times)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jun 22, 2010, 04:40:50 AM

Well I liked it. That sucks. And I just wanted to see it again is all.

I've had people leaving really snide comments not just for my opinion on PREDATORS, Robert Rodriguez and the fact this franchise is in his hands now, but for the fact that I look younger than I am.

I've had a damn tranny leave a comment on my videos saying:

"Oh, you're just another teen who likes the AvP movies."

And I'm 22...

So, I was getting a lot of personal attacks, and feeling like I was fighting a losing war and just... gave up.

So I took the videos down and just... accepted it. Even though I don't like it.

-Rakai'Thwei

Yautja117

Yautja117

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 22, 2010, 04:46:44 AM

I've had people leaving really snide comments not just for my opinion on PREDATORS, Robert Rodriguez and the fact this franchise is in his hands now, but for the fact that I look younger than I am.

And I'm 22...

So, I was getting a lot of personal attacks, and feeling like I was fighting a losing war and just... gave up.

-Rakai'Thwei
That sucks to hear. I loved the hell out of that video.  :'( Besides, you shouldn't be attacked (in any way) for liking AVP or AVPR. It's personal taste.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Yautja117 on Jun 22, 2010, 05:14:45 AM
That sucks to hear. I loved the hell out of that video.  :'( Besides, you shouldn't be attacked (in any way) for liking AVP or AVPR. It's personal taste.

I'm surprised people liked it... I wish I still had a data copy of it for those who liked it.

But yeah, people were attacking me cause of personal taste and the fact that I look younger than I actually am... Lot of RR fans were sending me hate comments, people who weren't into the franchises as much as I am tried to start debates when they knew little to nothing about the storylines as I do, and I just... gave up.

I'm not going to lie, a lot of people have a lot of hope for this movie... And who am I to rob them of that? But at the same time I feel like I HAVE to like this movie when despite everything I have seen, I still am hesitant about the Predator franchise being in RR's hands.

Yes, a lot of the things we have seen are pretty, yes, the special effects look good and everything... but come July 9th, we'll see right?

-Rakai'Thwei

Nemmesyz

And I'm 22...

-Rakai'Thwei

You can always disable comments

Master

Quote from: Nemmesyz on Jun 22, 2010, 11:14:13 AM

And I'm 22...

-Rakai'Thwei

You can always disable comments
What video? What video? Daim it seems I`m always late for party.

Yautja117

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 22, 2010, 05:40:22 AM

I'm surprised people liked it... I wish I still had a data copy of it for those who liked it.

But yeah, people were attacking me cause of personal taste and the fact that I look younger than I actually am... Lot of RR fans were sending me hate comments, people who weren't into the franchises as much as I am tried to start debates when they knew little to nothing about the storylines as I do, and I just... gave up.

I'm not going to lie, a lot of people have a lot of hope for this movie... And who am I to rob them of that? But at the same time I feel like I HAVE to like this movie when despite everything I have seen, I still am hesitant about the Predator franchise being in RR's hands.

Yes, a lot of the things we have seen are pretty, yes, the special effects look good and everything... but come July 9th, we'll see right?

-Rakai'Thwei
It's really a pain when everyone disagrees with you or starts arguements for the sake of doing so. I do the same with other uninformed students in high school which hate on the originals. It's terrible that you feel pressured but know what you mean, about having hope. I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. That way I way be pleasantly suprised. Wait and see mode is on. Don't worry. There are people who agree with you out there.  ;)

Sabres21768

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jun 22, 2010, 03:27:11 AM
Oh no. I hope this isn't true: For people who've read the script you know what I'm talking about.

Like Topher Grace's character, Braga's role in the film also carries a bit of twist, although she of course wouldn't divulge the specifics, at one point even making a nod to one of the female publicists hovering nearby ("She taught me really well").

I hope it is true.  ;D

echobbase79

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jun 22, 2010, 08:42:32 PM
Oh no. I hope this isn't true: For people who've read the script you know what I'm talking about.

Like Topher Grace's character, Braga's role in the film also carries a bit of twist, although she of course wouldn't divulge the specifics, at one point even making a nod to one of the female publicists hovering nearby ("She taught me really well").

I hope it is true.  ;D

Spoiler
Maybe they've rewritten some hints into the film to make that moment work. Because right now it just doesn't make any sense.
[close]

Sabres21768

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jun 22, 2010, 09:11:25 PM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jun 22, 2010, 08:42:32 PM

I hope it is true.  ;D

Spoiler
Maybe they've rewritten some hints into the film to make that moment work. Because right now it just doesn't make any sense.
[close]

Pinkman

Who said it is what you are all thinking ?
Spoiler

It may just be her knowledge of the classic pred, that's her twist...
[close]
lol after all this talk, nobody questioned themselves or thought about that ? Really ?

echobbase79

Quote from: Pinkman on Jun 22, 2010, 09:47:05 PM
Who said it is what you are all thinking ?
Spoiler

It may just be her knowledge of the classic pred, that's her twist...
[close]
lol after all this talk, nobody questioned themselves or thought about that ? Really ?

She referring to her character though. Not something else.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed