Recent posts

Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by Imbrie - Today at 09:37:59 PM
Really informative video, Mike's Monsters.

Must say that with all that is known about Blomkamp's movie, I'm not mourning the loss of it not being made. I really am not keen on genetic experimentation in movies in general and it's mostly for this reason that I could do without his take on Alien

Saying that, I do feel for the guy as he obviously put a lot of work and, apparently, money into the project and it looks like he was given the absolute runaround by Fox.
Last post by SiL - Today at 09:37:47 PM
Any director who calls themselves free of ego is lying, the only question is whether it's to the audience or themselves.
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 09:32:56 PM
"Free of ego" wants to retcon half the franchise ay-l-mao
Alien Films / Re: Favourite Alien Movie?
Last post by SiL - Today at 09:29:54 PM
Quote from: gold on Today at 07:48:00 PMThere is a reason the M41A (lower picture) is an icon of SciFi history and the upper picture from Resurrection was forgotten.
The reason is the M41-A was named and given multiple loving closeups and a walkthrough of its use and features in the film. Its design is only a small part of why it stuck so well in people's minds.

After all, if it was just the design, you wouldn't have thought to ask

Quote from: gold on Today at 10:09:09 AMCan you name any weapon from A3,
Since it's the same weapon, very slightly modified.
Last post by St_Eddie - Today at 09:25:17 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Today at 08:37:13 PMSeems like a refusal to accept notes/collaborate might have been the key issue here so...

Which is quite something coming from a director whom claims to be "free of ego".
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 09:16:43 PM
I love Christie's wrist guns. My favourite.
Recreational Area / Re: Last Movie You Watched
Last post by KiramidHead - Today at 09:08:31 PM
Challengers

So f**king good. Not the ending I was expecting, though.  :laugh:
Last post by TheDerelict - Today at 09:03:01 PM
The M41A pulse rifle is cool and all, but resurrection has a gun in a thermos. A GUN...in a thermos. Iconic. 😎
Last post by Acid_Reign161 - Today at 08:57:35 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Today at 12:35:00 PMDaniels, definitely intentionally a Ripley like, because the film subverts that through David winning.

Yup; I mean aesthetically she is literally Kenner Ripley. 😂

Last post by [cancerblack] - Today at 08:48:18 PM
Quote from: Slutty Badger on Today at 08:43:45 PMAre you suggesting people mainly like Aliens for the weapons?

Because I can think of a buttload of better reasons.

Think he just wants to spit bad takes then ignore rebuttals (note the sig text).
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed