AvP On Blu-Ray

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 27, 2007, 03:00:16 PM

Author
AvP On Blu-Ray (Read 20,976 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=63876

ALIEN VS PREDATOR EXTENDED (RRP: £19.99): Presented as a Java dual-layer (50gb) BD release authored in BD-J with AVC (MPEG 4 compression) and DTS HD Lossless master audio, the discs include commentaries by Paul W S Anderson, Lance Henriksen and Sanaa Lathan as well as Alec Gillis, Tom Woodruff Jnr and John Bruno and a trivia track

Darkness

Darkness

I don't know why anybody would buy this. It doesn't even have any of the special features found on the second disc of the DVD.

Here's a good review: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/showthread.php?p=3054677

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I just purchased this today, its amazing, crystal sharp.  and the Hi Def sound is great as well.  while you're right about the special features being limited, the experience is well worth the price.

~Jarrecko~

~Jarrecko~

I'm not going to buy A blue ray until they stop selling Dvds(whenever that'll be). I don't see any point in it besides better quality.

Darkness

Darkness

Well, the problem is that DVDs are still great. This Blueray and HD-DVD stuff just came too soon. I'll be buying DVDs for as long as they make them which should be still for a long time yet.

~Jarrecko~

~Jarrecko~

Yeah same here. How much do blue rays cost anyway?

Darkness

Darkness

Depends. The films are between £15 to £20.

~Jarrecko~

~Jarrecko~

Uh nvm there around 30 or more here.

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Quote from: AdamJZ on Feb 02, 2007, 06:46:31 AM
I just purchased this today, its amazing, crystal sharp.  and the Hi Def sound is great as well.  while you're right about the special features being limited, the experience is well worth the price.

Could you post up some screen caps? The only thing that appeals to me about the Playstation 3 is the ability to watch the Alien films in super resolution.

Imagine Aliens... That film needs a facelift.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

True, it seemed that the alien quadrilogy set was cleaned up and remastered very well, but Aliens diddnt get the full treatment It needed.  I dont know where to find comparison screens, but be assured, blu-ray is a whole different experience from DvD, I guess it also depends on your setup, but if you have a good one, it is well worth the price. 

SM

SM

Dunno if there's much can be done with Aliens.  it was shot on a grainier film stock.

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

what the hell is blue ray?  :-[

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: slipknotpredator on Mar 22, 2007, 05:20:55 PM
what the hell is blue ray?  :-[

Well it's the future... lol

QuoteAn HD-DVD format that uses a 405nm-wavelength blue-violet laser technology, to be compared with the 650nm-wavelength red laser technology in use in traditional DVD format. The rewritable Blu-ray disc can store up to 27GB of data on a single-sided single layer disc (compared to the traditional DVD's 4.7GB capacity), which is approximately 12 hours of standard video and/or more than 2 hours of High-Definition video. It has a data transfer rate of 36Mbps. ...

Cellien

Cellien

Wish Fox supported HD-DVD aswell.. I got a HD-DVD player dirt cheap and want to put off buying a BluRay player as long as possible. :)

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

so you need a blue ray player in order to play blue ray cd´s?  >:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed