The Game's Development Story Discussion

Started by Salt The Fries, Feb 08, 2013, 08:18:47 PM

Author
The Game's Development Story Discussion (Read 102,496 times)

SM

Salt The Fries

This is true!!! The .ini file for the game is named PecanEngine.ini!!!

ikarop

ikarop

Interesting to see how it keeps being mentioned that Timegate only worked on SP which isn't true. You can even Google these devs resumes and find what they worked on. Just one example of a dev from Timegate who worked on MP:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:GofMOMysgB4J:bigkidsteve.com/resume.html+&cd=1&hl=es&ct=clnk&gl=es

Salt The Fries

I downloaded the .doc version of his resume just in case.

jahickson

jahickson

Like I said before this and many articles came out, this entire game was handed off to Time Gate... the small team of Aliens GBX employees went off to help finish Borderlands 2....

Everything this Reddit person is telling you is true. Verified fact. Like I said earlier, when the game got back to GBX from Time Gate it was a mess and a shell of a game...

Like I said, similar things (in the sense of shady business, and bad game development) are happening with Brothers In Arms: Furious 4 (little tid bit... this project is code named Cedar... every GBX project has some tree or something as its code name)...

Paladinrja

Paladinrja

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 13, 2013, 07:57:15 AM
Interesting to see how it keeps being mentioned that Timegate only worked on SP. You can even Google these devs resumes and find what they worked on. Just one example of a dev from Timegate who worked on MP:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:GofMOMysgB4J:bigkidsteve.com/resume.html+&cd=1&hl=es&ct=clnk&gl=es

I dowloaded Section 8 & the follow up Predjudice years ago. Timegate are a good choice for MP content. Even without dedicated servers never had a problem connecting to a game.
The games themselves are nothing new but thier implimentation of MP concept is as good as I've ever seen.

Personally I don't believe GBX outsourced the campaign to TG. If anything, TG would've done the coop arrangements, but thats about it.

The more interesting 3rd party right now are the bootstrapped Demiurge. They're not a company to release unfinished content, I read somewhere that they make a point of conditioning it in contracts.
Considering Demiurge were responsible for 99% of foundationary work on the title, before platform specific finishing was passed around; I'm kinda expecting the Wii U version will wow.

Which will piss me off more. Not because the Wii U version (I have one) will be better (if it is) but because the other version weren't enpar and the overall experience translates as a joke.

I like to be able to share my gaming experiences at the pub. Hard to do that when 2/3rds of participants have been alienated from that experience.

jahickson

No, Time Gate did the campaign. Im sorry I can't tell you more beyond "trust me" without getting people in trouble or possibly sued for breaking NDA.... but every word of this article is fact.

http://www.reddit.com/r/LV426/comments/18ewf4/a_lot_of_you_are_rightfully_upset_at_the_final/

Again, this was shady dealings by Gearbox... they had too much on their plate especially with something they knew would be hot (Borderlands 2)... Time Gate did a lot of the campaign and when they (GBX) got the game back after finishing up BL2 they received a shell of a game...

Also some notes on the article... you guys may not realize but to pass cert on Xbox is a long ass process... with so little time between BL2 cert and ACM release, there wasn't much time to make anything out the game that had never been a fully realized project from the get go...

GBX suits were so focused on making the Sulaco sooooo close to the references and movies that for a while in the beginning of Pecan, there was no game... just a Aliens museum... and so the game never really had clear direction and between that and switching so many hands at Gearbox (from developers getting moved around to DNF, BL2, Furious 4) and other Outsourced companies (i.e. Time Gate ) the game was doomed to fail....

Prime113

Quote from: jahickson on Feb 13, 2013, 10:16:22 AM
No, Time Gate did the campaign. Im sorry I can't tell you more beyond "trust me" without getting people in trouble or possibly sued for breaking NDA.... but every word of this article is fact.

http://www.reddit.com/r/LV426/comments/18ewf4/a_lot_of_you_are_rightfully_upset_at_the_final/

Again, this was shady dealings by Gearbox... they had too much on their plate especially with something they knew would be hot (Borderlands 2)... Time Gate did a lot of the campaign and when they (GBX) got the game back after finishing up BL2 they received a shell of a game...

Also some notes on the article... you guys may not realize but to pass cert on Xbox is a long ass process... with so little time between BL2 cert and ACM release, there wasn't much time to make anything out the game that had never been a fully realized project from the get go...

GBX suits were so focused on making the Sulaco sooooo close to the references and movies that for a while in the beginning of Pecan, there was no game... just a Aliens museum... and so the game never really had clear direction and between that and switching so many hands at Gearbox (from developers getting moved around to DNF, BL2, Furious 4) and other Outsourced companies (i.e. Time Gate ) the game was doomed to fail....

f**kin Gearbox...f**k you. f**k you. f**k you.

Paladinrja

Paladinrja

Quote from: jahickson on Feb 13, 2013, 10:16:22 AM

Wtf? who are you? - forget the link. Thats as old as the hills. The way I explained it is the way it occured, as of readily available info from the 3 corporate sources themselves. Just because newsites choose to bring these nuggets into focus now, only serves to make thier motives seem more suspicious to me. As do I feel its rather pathetic people choose to concern themselves now with production issues, having had ample time to get on that bandwagon, long before the product went retail.

Anyway, apart from clarifications I'm not interested in this bullshit, its why I'm staying out of it.
I finished the game a week ago nearly, returned the PS3 vers for a complete refund and store credit of $10 and now will see what if any difference the Wii U version makes - my reasons for despising it are solely canonical (which I may be very alone, concerning), considering that this is the case for me I may not get that Wii U version, will depend on how much I calm down about it between now and then.
I've long considered gameplay like this was a joke, years ago when everyone else believed it was the pinnacle of achievement. I'm currently enjoying Time splitters 2 (again).

A:CM is past its launch comiseration date. If people are choosing to stick with it, then they see something in it and power to 'em; if not then it provides them with nothing. Alls good, people should just move on from here.

Only things of particular interest is the suspicious behaviour of the newsites, the Wii U vers. and where the title goes from here.
It would be widely worth considering; that if GBX polish the title to current standards would those that descry A:CM be also willing to trumpet that fact.

reecebomb

Shocking. Gearbox are the lowest of the low. I even feel sorry for SEGA.

Effectz

Quote from: bobby brown on Feb 13, 2013, 08:01:24 PM
Gearbox´s employees probably worked their ass of making this game (as with all games late in development) and flat out confirm the game was shit would be an enormous backlash against company morale.

So expect no formal apology.

Gearbox didn't make the campaign.

Paladinrja

Paladinrja

Whaddaya mean GBX didn't make the campaign? They're mostly responsible for it, they just spent no time on it, thats clear.

You really buy that reddit crap? Ffs you guys need a career. Any halfwit could've assembled that amount of info to draw that conclusion. I'm looking at the syntax from that guy and it reads like any gamer shit-talking. Not a professional under an NDA choosing his/her words carefully.

This whole thing is probably nothing more than a joint venture with a discrepancy over the bottom line. GBX are solely to blame over the campaign and thats all there is to it.

No conspiracy theory, no reddit-blowing 00 employee, no Borderlands 2 holdup. Just business gone wrong.

Demiurge keep extending the release date for thier Wii U version, GBX could've done the same. They chose not to - now why is either due to entitlement or return vs investment and having spent more than 6 yrs on a 360 & PS3 versions with a new gen of hardware just around the corner is no longer viable.
Yet they released a product on those systems, and Wii U adoption is slow (perplexingly), so we'll see what happens.

Quote from: RC on Feb 13, 2013, 08:24:16 PM
Quote from: Paladinrja on Feb 13, 2013, 08:13:24 PM
Best apology they could make is to fix the damn thing and make it enjoyable. Anything else would be more bullshit.

How about more Michael Biehn?

What?

Bjørn Half-hand

Hold on, so Gearbox didn't make the campaign, only the MP? That's news to me, who did make the SP then?

Also, I agree OpenMaw, Biehns performance in this was pretty shitty.

Paladinrja

Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Feb 13, 2013, 09:05:48 PM
Hold on, so Gearbox didn't make the campaign, only the MP? That's news to me, who did make the SP then?

Also, I agree OpenMaw, Biehns performance in this was pretty shitty.

GBX did the SP, TG do MP - its what TG do. Demiurge did all the overhaul, something like 90% of all platform groundwork then GBX outsourced modules. Demiurge continue to work on the Wii U slowly and GBX spend a few months to finish the campaign (sp) - not enough time. When the release dates announced Demiurge ask for more time,why didn't GBX decide to spend more time too? because they didn't want to. Why? thsts the question isn't it?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed