Who to ask to to put AVP2 on Steam?

Started by frostedone, Jul 26, 2011, 12:35:56 AM

Author
Who to ask to to put AVP2 on Steam? (Read 2,845 times)

frostedone

frostedone

Would anyone else buy AVP2 if it was on Steam?

Who would we need to ask in order to get them to consider putting AVP2 on Steam?

The two publishers: Sierra Entertainment is now defunct. Fox Interactive is now owned by Activison Blizzard.

The developer: Monolith is now owned by Warner Bros and Time Warner. Fox may be one of Time Warner's/WB's media rivals?

I do not think Sega has the rights to AVP2, since they acquired the license after the game was released.

Does anyone know who owns the rights to this game anymore? If so maybe we could make a petition or mass emails to get them to consider putting AVP2 on Steam. There is a financial profit to be made for them and the game gets to get a resurgence of players.

newbeing

In the end Fox owns both licenses so its their call, but I'm assuming it was easier to release AvP2000 because Rebellion isn't affiliated with any other publisher, they are still an independent developer. With Monolith being owned by Warner Brothers it might be a bit more red tape involved to get AvP2 released on steam.

DragonBossk

Quote from: newbeing on Jul 26, 2011, 02:47:36 AM
In the end Fox owns both licenses so its their call, but I'm assuming it was easier to release AvP2000 because Rebellion isn't affiliated with any other publisher, they are still an independent developer. With Monolith being owned by Warner Brothers it might be a bit more red tape involved to get AvP2 released on steam.

Exactly. It's always been conflicting interests between Fox and WB. I believe it would have to be Monolith who asks the publishers for rights, and they would then assist Valve in getting it put on steam and to run on modern day PCs.

So try Monolith, but don't expect them to be able to do much.

AlienBabon

i would like that, like many others, and i would even pay 20$ if necessary to put the game on steam and buy it...
but as many says, it'll take years until it would be considered to put on modern PC's by steam

at the meantime, i suggest that as many ppl as possible would buy AVP2000 on steam so they will see the great amount of AVP fans!  ;D

DragonBossk

In my experience most AVPG members play AVP2 and AVP2010 though, only AVP2000 on arranged gamenights. AVP2 is still quite active without the need for steam.

newbeing

The chances are even slimmer of this happening because if this game was to be released on steam Monolith would have to do some code work.

frostedone

Quote from: newbeing on Jul 27, 2011, 02:03:31 PM
The chances are even slimmer of this happening because if this game was to be released on steam Monolith would have to do some code work.

Do you by any chance know how much code work would be required for steam?

newbeing

Hmm I don't know to be honest, but I'm assuming there would have to be some for it to work smoothly with the steam. Fox might be able to hire someone to work with Monoliths code, but it seems slim that WB would allow monolith to work on an old game for Fox.

AlienBabon

Quote from: DragonBossk on Jul 27, 2011, 08:43:08 AM
only AVP2000 on arranged gamenights.
arranged? where exactly and who'se arrenging?

DragonBossk

Quote from: AlienBabon on Jul 27, 2011, 08:50:37 PM
Quote from: DragonBossk on Jul 27, 2011, 08:43:08 AM
only AVP2000 on arranged gamenights.
arranged? where exactly and who'se arrenging?

Used to be posted here:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=34760.0

Anyone can arrange the nights, Cpl Hick's normally updates the the info for everyone, but we haven't done one in a while.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed