Prometheus Based off of Ancient Astronaut Theory?

Started by droideggs, Dec 03, 2011, 10:58:29 PM

Author
Prometheus Based off of Ancient Astronaut Theory? (Read 45,187 times)

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

why does every website i join have to turn into abovetopsecret.com........

all aboard the paranormal train... WOO WOO

HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLP

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Dec 05, 2011, 01:07:41 AMwhy does every website i join have to turn into abovetopsecret.com...

Spooky!

Ancient alien intervention with humans is a good science fiction plot, but that's about it. The worst thing that could happen is if Prometheus actually refers to some of the so-called 'evidence' touted about by Ancient Alien 'researchers' (ie. Authors), such as showing Inca carvings of supposed rockets or spacesuits, and then tying that to the Space Jockeys. That would absolutely murder it for me.

-Chris.

Valaquen

I think Ridley's more clever than that, or at least more subtle!

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 05, 2011, 01:34:54 AMI think Ridley's more clever than that, or at least more subtle!

Yes true. At least smart enough to understand the kind of credibility hit the film would take from such an obvious connection.

-Chris.

Xenomorphine

I can see where the ETI ('ExtraTerrestrial Intervention') hypothesis comes into the story. But what the heck to Near Death Experiences have to do with it?

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 05, 2011, 03:51:40 AMI can see where the ETI ('ExtraTerrestrial Intervention') hypothesis comes into the story. But what the heck to Near Death Experiences have to do with it?

Just another of the disparate threads that get tangled about all paranormal theories. Problem is they never connect in any meaningful way, or make any kind of sense at all. They are just trippy to think about. ;)

As RICH-ENGLAND said: all aboard the paranormal train... WOO WOO!

-Chris.

RICH-ENGLAND

oh well, i suppose its just a matter of time until this thread changes from paranormal into cgi vs practical effects like every other thread ! lol.

thanks

rich

droideggs

i really wouldn't mind if Sir Ridley Scott put in an alternative view on the origins of man.

i only mentioned the alien abduction phenomenon as well as psychedelics because in both cases, the user reports meeting with intelligent entities that are non human.

https://www.google.com/search?gcx=c&ie=UTF-8&q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.erowid.org%2Fexperiences%2F+praying+mantis

Ancient cave art depicts such entities, such as the cave art found in Sego Canyon Utah, Tassili National Park Algeria, and the Nazca lines in Peru.

Researchers like Graham Hancock believe that ancient shamans drew this cave art depicting the altered state of consciousness, or psychedelic state they were in through the digestion of a mixture of plants.

In this alerted state of consciousness (ACS), the user can have the ability to control their way in this 'other' realm and observe and retain what they see. Some people report seeing alien eggs like whats shown in the Alien franchise.

This artist rendering is from Slawek Wojtowicz, a frequent user of psychedelics like DMT and yage based plants therapies like 'Ayahuasca' which is prevalent with Amazonians in South America.

One of the most common themes during these trips is seeing praying mantis beings. Ancient Egyptians called them 'the diviners,' and signified as a guide to the afterlife. Its considered good luck in many cultures. Alien abduction accounts observe mantis beings as well.

Amazing Stories February 1937 Cover | District 9

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: droideggs on Dec 03, 2011, 10:58:29 PM
From looking at the production still shots, I can't help but think about the sculptured Face, and the Face on Mars. I'm going to go down the rabbit hole a bit, so please bear with me.

I personally believe that mankind was genetically manipulated by non-humans, and that we are remnants of what could possibly be a superior human race, or some other intelligent entity.

Here is a 1958 comic from Jack Kirby about the Face on Mars. (Published years before Viking I landed on Mars, btw)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/52666560/Jack-Kirby-Face-on-Mars-1958

I know many here are fans of the Alien franchise, however, I would not mind seeing an original story from the great director Sir Ridley Scott include themes from Ancient Astronaut theory.

One of the theories of the origins of mankind is that we are hybrids from the Star Gods (aka ET beings). Alien abductees claim they have been inside of what looked like an alien hospital with advanced machinery surrounding it, as well as being shown 'hybrid' babies by these entities that look half human, half reptilian. Insectoid beings like praying mantis's were also seen during these abductions. John E. Mack, Harvard Professor of Psychiatry and Pulitzer Prize Winner investigated these claims initially to debunk them, but found himself in agreement with the phenomenon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_E._Mack

Here is a documentary about John E. Mack's works on the Alien Abduction Phenomenon. Sadly he died in 2004 from a drunk driver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xTQ2-S1n-Q#ws

Another corroboration are from users who take psychedelics like 'DMT,' which is a naturally occurring substance that is secreted from your brain. Many plants and mammals have this substance in their body naturally. Users who inject it into their body, or drink 'ayahuasca,' a DMT variant tribal Amazonians use, can see visions of alien entities interacting with them, seeing alien worlds and spaceships, as well as a hospital room with what looks like advanced machinery surrounding it. Whats even more peculiar about this is that people totally unconnected to each other are having these common visions.

Here is a brief excerpt from the documentary 'The Spirit Molecule'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMbUr8yZNt0#ws

What do you guys want to see in this movie? Although I wouldn't mind an Alien-centric theme to the movie, I wouldn't be upset if the story is only loosely tied to the Alien franchise. There is so much more to be told to the masses, in my humble opinion.

Alien abduction, humans beeing created by Aliens etc... sounds like Religion but even worse. No interest on it at all. Not even in a movie, thats my main concern about Prometheus Plot...

Pn2501

its a science fiction film

science ....... FICTION

the movie having elements of ancient astronauts effects the story and characters in no way what so ever.

now if it's a poorly written story that's totally different.

Tough little S.O.B.

I know is SCI FI, its just that this idea of humans beeing created by aliens its, in my opinion, lame, in fiction and in real life. No way I am interested in it.

Pn2501

Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Dec 05, 2011, 09:09:00 AM
I know is SCI FI, its just that this idea of humans beeing created by aliens its, in my opinion, lame, in fiction and in real life. No way I am interested in it.

are you an atheist?

Blacklabel

http://deskofbrian.com/2011/07/ridley-scott-discusses-space-jockey-prometheus/ Yep, Ridley Scott has said that the movie is influenced by the creator of the Ancient Astronaut Theory.. Erich Von Daniken

It would be interesting to find out if he personaly truly believes this mad mad mad theory....

Pn2501

Quote from: Blacklabel on Dec 05, 2011, 09:17:50 AM
http://deskofbrian.com/2011/07/ridley-scott-discusses-space-jockey-prometheus/ Yep, Ridley Scott has said that the movie is influenced by the creator of the Ancient Astronaut Theory.. Erich Von Daniken

It would be interesting to find out if he personaly truly believes this mad mad mad theory....

i don't think it has anything to do with his beliefs i think he is just banking on the popularity of the theory, and by linking it to mythology he latches on to timeless stories that have a great track record because they have lasted centuries.

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: Pn2501 on Dec 05, 2011, 09:14:32 AM
Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Dec 05, 2011, 09:09:00 AM

are you an atheist?

100%

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed