AvPR Fan Reviews

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 19, 2007, 07:52:02 PM

Author
AvPR Fan Reviews (Read 204,742 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Munk007 on Dec 25, 2007, 02:54:07 PM
Ive Seen it Finally.

From Perth Western Australia just got back then , I thought the Predator was cool , Aliens weren't that all Alienish, Acting ok for the first half of movie, then pretty poor. It was like the Humans had no idea what was going on for the first half, then all of a sudden the town was evacuated, like they knew what they were dealing with, which they didn't. 

All in All, better than the first movie. Thats my opinion.

Share Yours :)

There's a thread at the top guys. It's there for a reason. Use it.

Charles Xavier

Charles Xavier

I was bit disappointed that Wolf didn't get to slaughter very many people. As far as I can remember, I counted four kills. Meanwhile, the Aliens had the most fun killing dozens...

gameoverman

gameoverman

Ok I had a really crappy xmas day - I couldn't wait to get out of there so I left the family and headed to go see AVPR.  Unfortunately, I had to wait a few hours so I caught another movie to use up the time - The Darjeeling Limited (it was the only decent thing on).

Anyway, AVPR - I was mostly pretty happy with it.

Good points

-The opening first 5 minutes is really epic - I like how we see Chet moult, and the predalien chestuburster looked much better on the big screen.
-The sound effects - great to hear the old sound effects like the pred vision, shoulder cannon, etc plus the alien squeals and hisses were good.
-The predalien was awesome - you could never make out it's crappy design in the dark, so onscreen it looked great.
-Some of the regular aliens have their moments as well which is good.
-The predator - best predator since Predator 2 - Wolf is a predator-fanboy's wet dream.
-The battles between alien and predator were all very well done and exciting.
-The final battle between Wolf and Chet was 100X better than Celtic Vs Grid.
-Gore - we got some great chestbursts, headbites, etc..
-The predalien 'rape' - yes most people don't like the new reproduction method but it was good to see it onscreen.
-The ending - yes it was good that the whole area got nuked to preserve continuity and the Yutani ending does give the promise of the next one in the future though I wish they could've been a little more direct with that.

Bad points

-The characters were worse than AVP.
-The aliens don't look as good as in the previous movie. Some of the time they look like cheap men in suits.
-Script is pretty bad.  Hopefully, if the Bros direct AVP 3 they get a better writer.

Anyway, I think the Bros really delivered on most of their promises.  Really, the first five minutes deserve their own film, though.

dDave

dDave

Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 25, 2007, 03:29:18 PM
Ok I had a really crappy xmas day - I couldn't wait to get out of there so I left the family and headed to go see AVPR.  Unfortunately, I had to wait a few hours so I caught another movie to use up the time - The Darjeeling Limited (it was the only decent thing on).

Good points

-The opening first 5 minutes is really epic - I like how we see Chet moult, and the predalien chestuburster looked much better on the big screen.
-The sound effects - great to hear the old sound effects like the pred vision, shoulder cannon, etc plus the alien squeals and hisses were good.
-The predalien was awesome - you could never make out it's crappy design in the dark, so onscreen it looked great.
-The predator - best predator since Predator 2 - Wolf is a predator-fanboy's wet dream.
-The predalien 'rape' - yes most people don't like the new reproduction method but it was good to see it onscreen.
-The ending - yes it was good that the whole area got nuked to preserve continuity and the Yutani ending does give the promise of the next one in the future though I wish they could've been a little more direct with that.

Bad points

-The aliens don't look as good as in the previous movie. Some of the time they look like cheap men in suits.
-Script is pretty bad.  Hopefully, if the Bros direct AVP 3 they get a better writer.

Anyway, I think the Bros really delivered on most of their promises.  Really, the first five minutes deserve their own film, though.

thx...

someone in a review says that chet kills a guy in the wood and then hanged it up to a tree... that isnt really true, or?^^ unbelievble^^

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: dDave on Dec 25, 2007, 03:35:00 PM
Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 25, 2007, 03:29:18 PM
Ok I had a really crappy xmas day - I couldn't wait to get out of there so I left the family and headed to go see AVPR.  Unfortunately, I had to wait a few hours so I caught another movie to use up the time - The Darjeeling Limited (it was the only decent thing on).

Good points

Bad points

-Script is pretty bad.  Hopefully, if the Bros direct AVP 3 they get a better writer.

Anyway, I think the Bros really delivered on most of their promises.  Really, the first five minutes deserve their own film, though.

thx...

someone in a review says that chet kills a guy in the wood and then hanged it up to a tree... that isnt really true, or?^^ unbelievble^^

Nope - not in the movie.  Neither is that graveyard scene.

Oh, forgot to menition the alien eating scene as well.  Wtf - the 'second jaw' is supposed to be a tongue, not a straw.  Ah well, I guess I can forgive that...  :-\

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

What? The second jaw is a straw?

dDave

dDave

i didnt get it, too^^

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Dec 25, 2007, 03:46:22 PM

Yeah, the alien uses it's tongue to eat a dead body - by kind of striking it in and out. 

dDave

dDave

Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 25, 2007, 03:49:03 PM

Yeah, the alien uses it's tongue to eat a dead body - by kind of striking it in and out. 

^^why not...
should it be really "eating"?

TheUrbanPredator

TheUrbanPredator

Cool. Hey gameoverman seeing as this is a *spoiler* thread, how does Wolf get ''f***ed up'' and then has to use his medi-kit? Does he get shot?

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: dDave on Dec 25, 2007, 03:52:24 PM

^^why not...

It was heavily implied.  Plus, the Strauses said there was an eating scene and that was the only scene that it could be.

QuoteCool. Hey gameoverman seeing as this is a *spoiler* thread, how does Wolf get ''f***ed up'' and then has to use his medi-kit? Does he get shot?

A regular alien wacks him with it's tail, knocking him off a platform where he falls on a metal spike that goes through his lower back.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 25, 2007, 03:55:51 PM
A regular alien wacks him with it's tail, knocking him off a platform where he falls on a metal spike that goes through his lower back.

So the regular Aliens give him a hard time? Or is it just that one?

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Aeus on Dec 25, 2007, 03:57:21 PM

Yep.  The other aliens barely scratch Wolf (there may have been another one or two instances that I can't remember off the top of my head, though, but they are very few and minor).

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 25, 2007, 04:02:30 PM
Quote from: Aeus on Dec 25, 2007, 03:57:21 PM

Yep.  The other aliens barely scratch Wolf (there may have been another one or two instances that I can't remember off the top of my head, though, but they are very few and minor).

Bugger. Does the Predator fight any humans?

TheUrbanPredator

TheUrbanPredator

Quote from: dDave on Dec 25, 2007, 03:52:24 PM

^^why not...

It was heavily implied.  Plus, the Strauses said there was an eating scene and that was the only scene that it could be.

QuoteCool. Hey gameoverman seeing as this is a *spoiler* thread, how does Wolf get ''f***ed up'' and then has to use his medi-kit? Does he get shot?

Ouch! That must have hurt. I can't wait to see that part.  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed