All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,851,049 times)

Fitzley

Fitzley

That is YOUR opinion and saying anyone who doesn't think TPM is the worst has an IQ of 0 is kinda like trash talking.

I personally think AOTC is the worst one, the acting is more wooden and the dialogue is worse. But hey, that's my opinion.

I would rank them like this:

Star Wars: A New Hope
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith, a tie, can't decide which one I like more because they both feature my favorite character...the Emperor.
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones

I know that Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones are not on par with the original, but I do not think they are utter trash either. Taking the saga as a whole, I think they all fit together decently well.

SM

SM

QuoteIm not talking trash, its a fact, anybody with an IQ above 0, will realise that TPM is the worst film out of the lot

Says the guy trashing the 13 year old...

Dachande

Dachande

Ok i may have overreacted slightly, but in all seriousness anybody saying TPM or AoTC, is better than any of the Original films needs their head checking. Even more so was the fact that he didnt give any reason whatsoever for his choices, then when he does theyre 'reasons' that make most fans sick to their stomach, what with the younger generation prefering movies with fancy effects and flips to movies that actually have good acting and well thought out story and direction. The first two films only did well at the box office because they had the Star Wars name attached, and i know its only my opinion that AotC and TPM are completely dreadful, but its also the opinion of 99% of people above the age of 15

SM

SM

Quotebut in all seriousness anybody saying TPM or AoTC, is better than any of the Original films needs their head checking.

Which is your opinion.  And he has his.  And no one else gives a shit about either.

Quoteand i know its only my opinion that AotC and TPM are completely dreadful, but its also the opinion of 99% of people above the age of 15

Now your straying into the area of alleged fact.  How could you possibly back this up?

Dachande

Dachande

Go ask the question on most Star Wars websites/forums out there and i guarantee most people will put either of the two on the bottom of their lists, most people who even arent fans will more than likely put them at the bottom of their lists.

The thing about Star Wars is this, its much the same as most forms of media nowadays, theres people who put the fancy graphics and stuff before substance, and the others that put Story and Substance before fancy flips and such. Most Star Wars fans that were around for the Originals will put the OT before the PT, possibly having RotS above RotJ. Most people that had Episode 1 as their introdution to the series will say the PT is better than the OT, because the effects in the OT were crap, and the Saber battles were too boring. Now im not speaking for all fans here, as there are exceptions, but the majority see it like this.

Simplest Terms, People who saw the OT before the PT think OT >>> PT, people who were introduced via PT (Usually people below 15) will say PT >>> OT

Alien Drone 531

Alien Drone 531

Quote from: Dachande on Jun 18, 2007, 12:21:48 AM
Ok i may have overreacted slightly, but in all seriousness anybody saying TPM or AoTC, is better than any of the Original films needs their head checking. Even more so was the fact that he didnt give any reason whatsoever for his choices, then when he does theyre 'reasons' that make most fans sick to their stomach, what with the younger generation prefering movies with fancy effects and flips to movies that actually have good acting and well thought out story and direction. The first two films only did well at the box office because they had the Star Wars name attached, and i know its only my opinion that AotC and TPM are completely dreadful, but its also the opinion of 99% of people above the age of 15

no....... ok If they're that bad then why did they pack in movie houses the enter summers they were out. And your percentage is way off. Try 20% doesn't like it 80% does. And my 34 year old dad every time he saw TPM and AOTC the aduiance applauded  and he loves the Prequels as much as I do as well as Jar Jar

Dachande

Dachande

Reading Comprehension is good k?

Notice the part where i said:

'The first two films only did well at the box office because they had the Star Wars name attached,'

As well as:

'Now im not speaking for all fans here, as there are exceptions, but the majority see it like this.'

Predboy

Predboy

Wow, Dach is starting to remind me of, well, myself, when I got pissed when alien drone said, the avp pred had a better design than the originals, so Ill say what you said, Try to accept other peoples' opinions without going over-board, k, ok. ;D

Alien Drone 531

Alien Drone 531

Were have you been OriginalTrilogy.com? On StarWars.com and theForce.net there are many many many people who love them and on both sites more people love Jar Jar than Hate him

SM

SM

The films don't make the sort of money they did from people going once, saying it sucked and not going back.  There's a lot of return business - and a teensy bit more than 1% of that would be people over the age of 15.  I grew up with the originals, but enjoy the prequels immensely.  I avoid ranking them though because my favourite changes a lot.

Alien Drone 531

Alien Drone 531

Quote from: Dachande on Jun 18, 2007, 12:39:35 AM
Reading Comprehension is good k?

Notice the part where i said:

'The first two films only did well at the box office because they had the Star Wars name attached,'

As well as:

'Now im not speaking for all fans here, as there are exceptions, but the majority see it like this.'

Not really but ok

Dachande

Dachande

2 websites mean nothing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jar_Jar

Go down to controversy, and heres the real kicker, from the mouth of Lucas himself, kinda..

Lucas told him that he especially put Jar Jar in the film to appeal to small children. After that, the issue was dropped.[4]

Just go look in the Pop Culture  section, where you have shows like the Simpsons hating on Jar Jar

I see TPM and AotC, the same way i see AvP, i hate them in the Franchises they are meant to be representing, and as films in those franchises they are dreadful in comparison, as stand-alone films i dont personally mind them, but when put into context with the other films they are dreadful, mostly probably due to Lucas' directing

SM

SM

f**ks sake, just let the guy have his opinion...

Dachande

Dachande

Shit sorry, didnt know we couldnt debate things anymore...

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: Dachande on Jun 18, 2007, 12:53:04 AM
Shit sorry, didnt know we couldnt debate things anymore...

Well, starting it by trash talking him isn't really a good idea, dont you think?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed