Recent posts

Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by Immortan Jonesy - Yesterday at 12:30:51 PM
"I'll have you know, this 'thing', once belonged to Stephen Stills".

Janek - Prometheus
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by cockroach - Yesterday at 12:28:06 PM
Changing the subject... How soon before they are released are trailers usually rated?
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Dune Remake
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Yesterday at 12:16:27 PM

Hmm, so his scene was with Brolin. The only time Gurney and Lord Fenring cross paths in the book would be when the Emperor calls Fenring in after
Spoiler
Feyd-Rautha is killed
[close]
and  even then, that's more just them in the same room together (along with a million other main characters), not really them directly interacting. Based on this, I guess either Lord Fenring's scene(s) played very differently than they do in the book, or, alternatively, perhaps Tim Blake Nelson wasn't actually playing Lord Fenring...
General Discussion / Re: The Video Thread
Last post by Shinawi - Yesterday at 11:39:35 AM
Recreational Area / Re: Youtube channels recommend...
Last post by Shinawi - Yesterday at 11:38:39 AM
Misha Charoudin

Last post by 426Buddy - Yesterday at 11:16:59 AM
I hope its good movie. But if its not then oh well, not that big of deal. It's not going to effect my appreciation for the films I do like. My being a fan of the franchise doesn't ride on whether the next Alien film is a hit or not. 

I only see a movie in theaters once ever few years but I usually make it a point to see Alien flicks if possible. Even if I'm disappointed in the film it'll still be nice to go out for a night and see something on the big screen. I was pretty disapponted in Prometheus and Ressurection but still felt it was worth seeing at the theater and paying the ticket price.
Last post by Slutty Badger - Yesterday at 11:01:48 AM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on Yesterday at 10:50:27 AMI have faith in Fede. He seems to have more respect for the material rather than just being a frothing fan boy like Paul Anderson was.

Im quietly confident. Not expecting anything original or spectacular, but I'm sure it will be a solid entry.

Fede's pedigree is quietly encouraging.

Plus, I'm hopeful that the more "classic" elements seen in the teaser and stills (the Carradine/Ripley parallels especially) are just to get us pumped and reassure us that this is a true blue Alien flick.™

What we've seen of the Xenos so far also looks pretty new, so there's that at least.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2...
Last post by T Dog - Yesterday at 11:01:30 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 18, 2024, 09:07:15 PM
Quote from: T Dog on May 18, 2024, 08:57:00 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 18, 2024, 01:20:05 PMhttps://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1791529715356119170

Adorable.

This just made me realise I'd love to see a George Miller "Metal Gear" movie. The Mad Max heroes and villains are essentially Metal Gear characters in and of themselves.

Gonna have to settle for "George Miller in Death Stranding 2" for now! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbLstJHlC4U

Will have to play DS1 first. It's been sitting on my shelf for a while.
Last post by TheBATMAN - Yesterday at 10:50:27 AM
I have faith in Fede. He seems to have more respect for the material rather than just being a frothing fan boy like Paul Anderson was.

Im quietly confident. Not expecting anything original or spectacular, but I'm sure it will be a solid entry.
Nicely spotted ! He should get credit for that scene  :laugh:
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed