Yellowing of McFarlane figures?

Started by Bilbo5000, Dec 30, 2012, 06:01:06 PM

Author
Yellowing of McFarlane figures? (Read 4,114 times)

Bilbo5000

Bilbo5000

Hello
Long story short, I was reorganizing my MOC collection and noticed several of the McFarlane figures (Movie maniacs series 6 /Terminator 3/AvP series) bubbles are starting to yellow! These have been kept in plastic containers, out of sunlight and with no moisture. I don't even smoke...Anyone else starting to see yellowing?

Just as a side note...
None of my other collections are showing any signs of yellowing...
It's just the McFarlane stuff

And...
The worst ones are from Predator/Alien "Refreshed"  line of 2004..and the T3 line...

ShadowPred

I was trying to look for any information regarding why it was just the Mcfarlane figures that have this problem. I did find something, but I don't think it will help much.

Someone called Rebelscum has the same problem here:

http://www.sgcollect.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12953&st=0

Same exact problem with the no smoking, or sunlight, or anything like that, so unless this was you in 2003, then I guess it's safe to say that you aren't alone on this. I read through it, but I don't think anyone even found a solution for the Mcfarlane figures having these yellow bubbles.

Bilbo5000

Bilbo5000

Read through it too and I agree that there is nothing to do :(
Still, at least the figures are okay.

Thank you for your help

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

This sounds so weird... I gotta go check my old figures now...

Bilbo5000

Bilbo5000

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Dec 31, 2012, 06:35:53 PM
This sounds so weird... I gotta go check my old figures now...

You should...I was a little freaked by mine...
In the plus side...the figures themselves are perfect...

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

The obvious solution is to free your figures from their tiny plastic prisons.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 01, 2013, 09:40:06 AM

I just skimmed over the first post, are u telling me this guy hasn't freed them yet? UGH! I cant stand it when people dont take them out! Whats the point of having them than!?

•ONEYE•

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Jan 01, 2013, 05:01:34 PM

I just skimmed over the first post, are u telling me this guy hasn't freed them yet? UGH! I cant stand it when people dont take them out! Whats the point of having them than!?

WTH, it's not your collection. Who are you to question what someone does with their stuff? Take a hike.

Corporal Hicks

Comeon guys. Play nicely.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: •ONEYE• on Jan 01, 2013, 06:04:25 PM

WTH, it's not your collection. Who are you to question what someone does with their stuff? Take a hike.

I was... Kidding...  ::)

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 01, 2013, 06:15:35 PM
Comeon guys. Play nicely.

Think u mean, ONEYE play nicely.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: •ONEYE• on Jan 01, 2013, 06:04:25 PM

My post was meant to be pretty tongue-in-cheek. :P

Bilbo5000

Bilbo5000

[/quote]

[/quote]
My post was meant to be pretty tongue-in-cheek. :P
[/quote]

It's all good...
For myself...I just like my stuff MOC...Crazy right?
But it is not about an "investment" or any crap like that...I have an appreciation for the whole presentation including the card art...Once in awhile I'll buy one to open...
Again...That's my approach  ;D

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Don't get me wrong, I like card art too, and if I like it enough I'll hang onto it. I just much prefer being able to see the figure from all angles, pose it how I want, etc. Not to mention the space saved by having the figure out of the packaging. I've got a literal "mosh pit" of NECA Predators on my computer desk, 15 Predators literally shoulder-to-shoulder next to my monitor. I wouldn't be able to do that if they were all still MOC.

To each their own. :) They're your figures, do what you want with them.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 04, 2013, 01:15:30 AM
Don't get me wrong, I like card art too, and if I like it enough I'll hang onto it. I just much prefer being able to see the figure from all angles, pose it how I want, etc. Not to mention the space saved by having the figure out of the packaging. I've got a literal "mosh pit" of NECA Predators on my computer desk, 15 Predators literally shoulder-to-shoulder next to my monitor. I wouldn't be able to do that if they were all still MOC.

To each their own. :) They're your figures, do what you want with them.

I'm that way too, and it goes without saying the whole do what  u will with them. Some people just need to calm the frig down and grab some tampex.

Vitus

Vitus

Don't be so sure people haven't bought 1 to open and 1 to keep in the package lol.
The only bubbles I had yellow are the Kenner aliens / preds.  I'm an opener nowadays though.  I found that by having movie posters around my house I don't care about toy packaging as much anymore.  I still save all the artwork though and may even put the cards in a binder.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed