Your first A/P figure

Started by Private Hudson, Aug 16, 2008, 04:01:30 AM

Author
Your first A/P figure (Read 5,620 times)

Huol

Huol

This I think.

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

Kenner Bull Alien and Bishop  ;D

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Quote from: Huol on Aug 19, 2008, 10:35:27 AM
http://www.popcornlive.co.uk/products/08479.jpg

This I think.

Thats the first 'realistic' A/P piece I bought after I bought all the KENNER figures. I hear it runs for $100 nowadays.

scarface

scarface

That is way off, they go from $40, to $80, on eBay they do go that ($100)

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Some websites go that much.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

hmmmm.... My verry first Alien figure? well I had an Alien game, not much of an Action figure. but it was like one of thoughs borde games where you pull the Alien on the string attached to a mold of a crater. what you had to do is get these little astronaughts (7 of them exactly) out of the little crater before the alien got to the toy crater. to do this there was I think a little crane thingamajig that had a little magnet (the little astronaughts had magnets on the tip of they're helmets) and you used that to get the little guys out. but if you leave one or more astronaughts in the crater when the string runs out of slack and stops the astronaughts poped out of the crater (meaning they die) and you loose.

now I do remember it being an Alien set because it had A L I E N on the box and the Alien thing looked like the one from the film. (but blue with a sticker on the face that had eyes for some odd dumb reason I remember that for sure) I managed to get it from a yardsale for only 50 cents. I don't have it anymore though. lets just say the Bad Man got a hold of it and threw it away for no reason.

the first real Alien action figure I had of the Alien was the Kenner Bull Alien. wich I still have. got him at a yardsale. however his horns where broken off, legs where glued stationary (one broke and later the other one.) then the tail snaped off. but quickly glued back.

then I got the AvP-R Alien Warrior from my best friend. the only real damage it has ever gotten was the leg poping off (but poped back on ofcourse no problem there) and the wire pokin out of the base of the tail. (this was the work of the Bad Man) but I plan to fix that with super glue. if I ever remember to get a case. the base broke (the peg that connected one of the foot bases to the center piece snaped off for unknown reasons) but other then that. the Warrior is still my faved figure. mainly cuz its the most greatest gifts I ever got.

my first Predator figure I got was wolf. the only damage to him is a broken wristblade. will have that fixed soon. bought wolf myself.

jimmylace

jimmylace

Quote from: Huol on Aug 19, 2008, 10:35:27 AM
http://www.popcornlive.co.uk/products/08479.jpg

This I think.

This was the first one I bought...pretty disappointing in alot of ways.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Dissapointing? How? It's a great figure pack.

ridetofight

ridetofight

kenner queen alien (carded).

jimmylace

jimmylace

Quote from: Private Hudson on Aug 25, 2008, 08:41:55 PM
Dissapointing? How? It's a great figure pack.

It just didnt wow me - very little extras for the pred, not a great face sculpt..alien just ok. Plus the light up button is on the underside of the base which really urked me. And the soft plastic for the base would bend so you couldnt pick the whole thing up without them both falling off.

I wouldve been happier if I hadnt spent $90 on it!

The best collectibles ive bought so far are an 18 inch Neca Robocop and McFarlanes 12 inch T3. Although I do like the AvP series 2 4 inch figures - theyre pretty snazzy. Its a Hot Toys wolf for me next.

Huol

Huol

$90?!

Wow christ.

jimmylace

jimmylace

thats one of the many downsides of being british.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

It was my McFarlane 12" ALIEN Alien and my McFarlane 12" PREDATOR Predator. I got them both on my birthday in 06. :)
I have only been a fan for 3 years and most of my other figures I got this year. I have NECA Wolf masked and unmasked closed mandibles, Alien Warrior, Predalien and 18" Giger Alien which I all got on my birthday this year.

War Wager

War Wager

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

Mine were the Gorilla Alien, Deluxe Queen, and the Flying Queen from kenner.

needless to say that, that christmas day years ago planted the seeds of an obsession.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed