Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce

Started by MudButt, Feb 09, 2024, 06:03:51 PM

Author
Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce (Read 31,260 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

And based on Mike's comments from around the time this was announced, Dane DiLiegro was meeting with StudioGillis relatively recently (as per his Instagram stories at the time), so presumably both Dane and Alec Gillis will be back.

Mr.Turok

I think there is something to be said that even with merchandising, fan art, and even cosplay where you see their Predators have closed proper mandibles but the recent films have them droopy, broken looking, and open catching flies. Hot Toys comes to mind in how they polish the design of the film by making them proper.

SiL

To be fair, Scar was sculpted to close, and BTS shows them closing.

Nightmare Asylum

Corporal Hicks

SiL

#PeopleWithMiceInTheirPockets

Corporal Hicks

Had to Google the phrase  :laugh: , but I'm confident in not being alone in that trust.

SiL

I'd rather keep seeing new people each film. Dan did his version, personally I don't care to see any more of it. I don't feel he got it.

BigDaddyJohn

I liked Prey but I wanted to love it. So I'm 50/50 on this one.

Wysps

I honestly don't think Naru as a character needs a sequel.  I felt like her story was pretty much complete after Prey.  I'm sure they can come up with stuff to add to the story, but it was fairly well standalone.  Dan himself said that he didn't give the pistol much thought when they included it, so it doesn't have to be a thing that needs to be addressed in any sequel.  (Though I do think it would be cool to see it fall into someone else's hands before Greyback acquires it.)

SiL

The fact he went out of his way to show it decidedly not ending up in a Predator's hands kind of makes it a deal now, though. Doesn't need to involve Naru.

Nightmare Asylum

For whatever it's worth, we still don't have word on whether or not Dan will be personally directing the Prey sequel. We know he's directing Badlands, which is up next, and developing Prey 2 for some time after that, but no word on if he'll actually be stepping behind the camera for that one.

Anyways, I'm all in on Prey and very excited to see what Trachtenberg has up his sleeve for his next outing. He reinvigorated this franchise for me in a way I never expected to actually see, given the state it had been left in after the AVPs, the conceptually interesting but middling in execution Predators, and the godawful The Predator.

I personally can't wait to see what's in store in Badlands.

BigDaddyJohn

I'm 50/50 on the fact that he's directing it, but I am 100% excited about the project in itself.

Wysps

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 14, 2024, 11:45:53 AMI'm 50/50 on the fact that he's directing it, but I am 100% excited about the project in itself.
I'm all for more Predator content, regardless of who it's coming from  :laugh: So long as it inspires more content and more fans.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Wysps on May 14, 2024, 01:07:01 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 14, 2024, 11:45:53 AMI'm 50/50 on the fact that he's directing it, but I am 100% excited about the project in itself.
I'm all for more Predator content, regardless of who it's coming from  :laugh: So long as it inspires more content and more fans.

Exactly, we all win if this gives more credit to the franchise, meaning more movies etc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed