Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 02, 2020, 03:23:45 PM

Author
Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License (Read 75,680 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Oct 22, 2020, 08:15:44 PM

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 22, 2020, 07:26:28 PMNice post Kailem!

Is it me or does that Hulk vs the Xenomorph feel just a wee bit ridiculous?

A little. I feel like Hulk could probably crush a single Alien pretty easily! :laugh:

Acid, smashid. Like a bug!

Wysps

They wasted no time, and all at once to boot  :D 

Can't say I'm looking forward to any crossovers, but I do find some of those covers pretty great, the Venom one in particular. Looks like that one could have potential. Nervous for the Predator ones, if they're next...

SuperiorIronman

A bunch of them don't look very good but given they're just a bunch of variant covers it's not the worst thing in the world. I'm more worried about who the artist is on the actual launch for Marvel's Alien rather than a bunch of guys doing variant covers.

Predator is probably next and I really hope they get more dynamic poses or more interesting encounters on the covers.

Xenomorph242

Xenomorph242

As atrocious as some of these are, I gotta say, at least it's not in Fox's hands anymore, they were really driving it into the ground. That said, hopefully Disney/Marvel takes it easy on the crossovers and actually give the series the attention it deserves and returns it to it's former glory.

SiL

Quote from: SM on Oct 22, 2020, 08:53:55 PM
Some look good; some are terrible.

I really just came in to joke about who's nicked Tristan's stuff this time, and it looks like it's not a joke?  I like the Captain Marvel one, but the Alien in that one is oddly reminiscent.
The Wolverine one is just the Isolation cover image with some adjustments.

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

Most of them look meh at best but I like the fact that they havent even announced a new alien series but they already got covers of their superheroes crossing over with alien

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

Marvel is sadly no longer a place of good storytelling due to  its writers and artist think it's there own personal soap box to tell everybody there own political views even though we just came for a good story

Nostromo

At least the SiL fanboy is happy lol. Happy to see there's at least one guarenteed buyer for this crap. Hopefully they use the money from him to make standalones. Doubt it though, as Star Wars besides Rogue One showed, these people are brain dead when it comes to storylines and originality.

Corporal Hicks

There's really no need for that Nostromo. Can we not discourse without slinging insults at those who disagree?

Kane's other son

Kane's other son

For God's sake, these are fun pieces of artwork designed to welcome the franchise into the Marvel stable and build hype. You don't have to add drama to everything.

It's also amazing that some of you guys are up in arms for this but were cool with mock children's books about the alien being best friends with Jonesy.

Relax. There's nothing they can do that could be worse than AVP-R.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kane's other son on Oct 23, 2020, 05:03:36 PM
For God's sake, these are fun pieces of artwork designed to welcome the franchise into the Marvel stable and build hype. You don't have to add drama to everything.

When some of the art is blatantly plagiarized, I think the "artists" guilty of doing that are kind of bringing the drama onto themselves.

lightsyder

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 23, 2020, 05:22:14 PM
Quote from: Kane's other son on Oct 23, 2020, 05:03:36 PM

When some of the art is blatantly plagiarized, I think the "artists" guilty of doing that are kind of bringing the drama onto themselves.

Are some of the new covers rip offs?

Kane's other son

Even Tristan is putting this behind him. You are not doing anyone any favours.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed