Biohazard(Resident Evil)game series

Started by Dark Blade Hunter, Apr 16, 2013, 02:11:21 PM

Author
Biohazard(Resident Evil)game series (Read 64,335 times)

Local Trouble

I have never played RE7 or RE8.  Not a fan of first-person games.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 05, 2023, 12:17:05 AM
Quote from: PredBabe on Apr 05, 2023, 12:08:41 AM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on Apr 04, 2023, 08:52:30 PMAs superb as Remake 4 is, it is quite saddening how a majority of the fanbase now seems obsessed with remakes. People want Remake 5, 6 and even a remake of remake 1 over an RE9 it seems.

Oh oh and Code Veronica! Don't forget Code Veronica! ;)

Code Veronica is why I bought a Dreamcast in 1999, but I was never sure why it wasn't a numbered entry in the series.  It probably should have been RE4.

Same, I also bought a Dreamcast for its "exclusive" Resident Evil title - the reason it isn't a numbered entry is because, back then, like 'Biohazard: Last Escape' it was supposed to be a side story to wrap up characters - in this case, Claire's story. The only reason the former got the '3' added (as I recall) was because PlayStation had a 3-main title deal with capcom (that 'Survivor' wouldn't have covered) and they couldn't progress onto newer platforms until that had been seen through, so they added the 3 to title of Last Escape / Nemesis (at that point just a side story/ Gaiden for Jill) to get around that. 

Local Trouble

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Apr 06, 2023, 01:32:54 AMSame, I also bought a Dreamcast for its "exclusive" Resident Evil title

Did you feel betrayed when the PS2 got it?

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 06, 2023, 01:58:59 AM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Apr 06, 2023, 01:32:54 AMSame, I also bought a Dreamcast for its "exclusive" Resident Evil title

Did you feel betrayed when the PS2 got it?

Initially, yes! 😂 But once Dreamcast died, I was pleased it was on PS2 for accessibility (albeit an inferior version).

I felt the same when Resident Evil 0 was cancelled for N64 - I was notoriously bad at saving as a kid (collected too many franchises and Alien merch soaked up majority of that) so after saving pocket money especially for it and buying every Nintendo magazine for any scrap of intel on the game, to see it scrapped for the GameCube version felt like a kick in the teeth 😂

Local Trouble

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Apr 06, 2023, 02:45:05 AMto see it scrapped for the GameCube version felt like a kick in the teeth 😂

Did it get you to buy a GameCube though?

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 06, 2023, 04:43:57 AM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Apr 06, 2023, 02:45:05 AMto see it scrapped for the GameCube version felt like a kick in the teeth 😂

Did it get you to buy a GameCube though?

It did 🤣

Kimarhi

The remakes to me have been inferior to the OG games EXCEPT for the RE4 remake (and maybe the original remake can't confirm on that one).  If future remakes get the same care as RE4 remake did, then I wouldn't mind playing updated versions.  If it is another RE3 remake rush job money grab, then give me a new RE storyline.

BlueMarsalis79

Based Kimmy.

PAS Spinelli

I personally think REmake2 is better than any of the og games, and REmake1 is more of a remaster than a remake

KiramidHead

Remake 1 added tons of stuff, though.

BlueMarsalis79

Resident Evil Remake > Resident Evil
RE2 > RE2Make
RE3 > RE3Make
Resident Evil 4 Remake > RE4

But yeah I can see the argument that as purely individual experiences RE2 and RE3 Remakes are just more accessible and Resident Evil 4 Remake follows on from them and it is the best of them, especially if you have no patience for the old tank controls but both 2 and 3 Remakes removed so much one can hardly consider them the definitive versions.

A HD collection of the originals would be cool for this reason, but I get why that does not exist, officially anyway:

https://www.reshdp.com/re2/

https://www.reshdp.com/re3/

PAS Spinelli

The OGs might have a bit more content, but it suffers alot in gameplay and in the storyline, as well as the characters themselves, some of the stuff simply wouldn't look good or make sense in the setting, like the giant spiders and crows, those could make sense in 1, but not in 2 and 3.
OG RE3 is better than REmake3 cuz even tho REmake3 has better gameplay and way better iterations of the characters (SPECIALLY CARLOS), it feels rushed even if you go in it blindly after playing REmake2, it feels more like a DLC for REmake2, specially with it's lack of extra everything. The pacing was weird, some gameplay sections came outta nowhere, Nemesis is hardly in the game as a pursuer and he was the main selling point.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed