boxoffice.com predicts Predators opening and cumalitive gross. prepare to LOL

Started by m138jewski, Jun 22, 2010, 01:45:24 AM

Author
boxoffice.com predicts Predators opening and cumalitive gross. prepare to LOL (Read 27,345 times)

Captain Salt

Captain Salt

Quote from: m138jewski on Jun 22, 2010, 01:45:24 AM
                                                    opening            total
Predators    Jul 9, 2010    Fox     $20,000,000    $43,000,000

get out the torches and pitchforks boys and girls!

http://www.boxoffice.com/featured_stories/2010-06-long-range-forecast-3

How is this unrealistic? It's the titular character's first solo film in 20 years, has had really pissant advertising from Fox, is rated R and up against Twilight.

BTW, that's about how much this sort of movie tends to make... :-\

creature creator

i think the opening is a bit to high, but in the end i think the movie will get more money than that.

cause predator still got a large fanbase and many people know the character.

JB

Raptor

This movie will make close to 200 million worldwide,maybe not much in the USA but worldwide will be a success.

Quote me on this.

creature creator

i actually thought of $160.000, but hten i was thinking thats just because i am another fanboy, but who knows ;D

JB

Tangakkai

Quote from: Raptor on Jun 22, 2010, 07:55:53 PM
This movie will make close to 200 million worldwide,maybe not much in the USA but worldwide will be a success.

Quote me on this.

I will come back to you on this  ;)

How much time? I mean: Are you including dvd sales and everything on this?

MrBrokenTusks.

Lets not kid ourselves these a/p films can be good and appeal to quite a lot but at heart they are hardcore (kinda) cult films. Only us fans and a small select few our actually that excited for this.

Tangakkai

^ That's the bitter truth I feel, but hey... if I may dare: we might still really be in for a surprise on this one.

The optimist in me dies last  ;D

SiL

Quote from: Raptor on Jun 22, 2010, 07:55:53 PM

Quote me on this.
Highest grossing was AvP with 160-odd million. And that was PG-13.

This ain't sniffin' 200.

Ratchetcomand

Despicable Me comes out the same weekend as Predators, and I have a feeling that movie will make more money. I think the movie will be #5 or #5 at the box office.

This what I think the top 5 movie Weekend Box-Office Summary of July 11 might be:

1. The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
2. The Last Airbender
3. Despicable Me
4. Toy Story 3
5. Grown Ups
6. Predators
7. Knight and Day
8. The Karate Kid
9. The A-Team
10. The Kids Are All Right

We will be lucky to make it up on the top 5.

mrblack

Quote from: Reborn on Jun 22, 2010, 03:23:02 PM
^JUULLLYY 9TH!!!!!!

WHHHHHYYYY!!!!!

i live in Australia Baby

Highland

We've had this thread over the years now and it's pretty much a carbon copy. Some fans get all hyped up thinking it's going to smash records and others for some unknown reason get a "bad feeling" and think it's going to do not so well.

Personally and going on past experience this movie will do fine. You'll get your fan base, plus the extended fan base for the love of the creature and then the folk who just want an entertaining change for the weekend.

It'll make an acceptable profit, then in 3 years time we'll be right here..again.  ;)

echobbase79

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 23, 2010, 04:22:18 AM
Despicable Me comes out the same weekend as Predators, and I have a feeling that movie will make more money. I think the movie will be #5 or #5 at the box office.

This what I think the top 5 movie Weekend Box-Office Summary of July 11 might be:

1. The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
2. The Last Airbender
3. Despicable Me
4. Toy Story 3
5. Grown Ups
6. Predators
7. Knight and Day
8. The Karate Kid
9. The A-Team
10. The Kids Are All Right

We will be lucky to make it up on the top 5.

I'd say it will come in at least 3 or 4.

Ratchetcomand

I somewhat doubt it, seeing how popular the TLA and Eclipse are they are going to be on the top #2 for another week or so. I have a feeling that Despicable Me is going to make more money since it's a kid movies, it's in 3D, and has better marketing. I doubt Toy Story 3 will die anytime soon on the top 5.

MrBrokenTusks.

I dunno but I think it will beat the last airbender, but that could just be my hate for it.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Yeah - i doubt it will be a smash hit + all but surely it should do better than AvP:R, but i doubt it reaches the 80 million that AvP pulled in. I know people who are interested, but it's the same people that were interested in see the last 2 films. The Alien/Predator films have always proved to be global, so a domestic total around 45 million won't kill the film, but it won't bode well for a sequel.

I frequent Box Office Mojo + Box Office Prophets a lot, they're usually pretty good although have been way off in their estimations before. BOP often predicts the top 10 films of a given month, so i'll keep a look out for their take on July.

I agree that Predators has a lot going for it + certainly has us (the fans) behind it. Awareness is pretty low though. My dad knew of it but had no idea it was coming out so soon - hell, The Expendables has been advertised to death during the NBA finals + it comes out a full month later. Also, as mentioned the film will be facing a lot of competition it's opening weekend, as well as the following week (Inception - which i have no interest in, but surely others will...)

I certainly wouldn't be too disappointed with an opening of 20 million, although for it to really be considered a success i'm hoping for an opening closer to 30 million.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed