CHEATS OUT FOR AVP 2010 (PC)

Started by -Sharky-, Apr 06, 2010, 10:48:33 AM

Author
CHEATS OUT FOR AVP 2010 (PC) (Read 38,072 times)

safetyman

safetyman

Quote from: S.Y.L on Apr 09, 2010, 12:04:35 PM
Quote from: safetyman on Apr 08, 2010, 08:19:50 AM
Cheating and exploiting is all about seeing how much a developer cares about a game. If cheaters run rampant, it means nobody gives a shit.

Just throwing that out there.

rubbish.

the reason the game wasn`t going to be toned down for the Australian market was because it wasn`t our problem if their government can`t treat their adults like adults. The same applies here. We can`t continually give this game our exclusive attention because (like it or not) some people are just dicks.

it`d be like a car manufacturer sending someone out to cover your car in sponge 6 months after you bought it, just incase someone looking to scam their insurance deliberately crashes into you.

I thought you had already told me you were just involved in the making of the game, not that everything you said was the true answer to everything since you didn't know everything? Are you really just picking and choosing what you know and don't know as you go?

It's very simple. You either care enough to patch the game, or you don't.

T.L.22

T.L.22

They've patched the game 3 times already. They obviously care to an extent. However, trying to attack hacks directly is a losing battle. It's like the industry attempting to battle piracy, or the DEA thinking they can win the war on drugs. It's an endless battle of escalation, except on one side you have to pay people to fix it, and on the other side it's something that malicious geeks build in their spare time. The only lasting solution seems to be banning players from servers as they come.

Regardless of S.Y.L's involvement in the making of the game, his point still stands, too. No developer really is obligated to support their product after release unless the game is specifically advertised that way, like MMOs. Hell, AvP2 stopped being supported after a short time, too.

It is very simple, but not in the way you suggested. It's simple insofar as you either find it profitable enough to keep patching the game, or it will be a loss if you keep patching the game. It's about being realistic, not about caring.

-Sharky-

-Sharky-

Quote from: T.L.22 on Apr 10, 2010, 03:45:21 PM
It is very simple, but not in the way you suggested. It's simple insofar as you either find it profitable enough to keep patching the game, or it will be a loss if you keep patching the game. It's about being realistic, not about caring.

If you stop patching up a game then people will leave the it, so the way I see it, it can only be profitable to keep patching up a game so the people who has already bought it actually have a good reason to continue to play it and therefore those people will most likely tell others how good that game is and give them a good reason to buy it. When I visit my local gamestop store and see people asking the employees if AvP is a good game and worth the money I say NO! spend your money somewhere else coz face it - AVP is dead.

Brother

Brother

The support for the game is not over.

-Sharky-

-Sharky-

BTW I have updated names of cheaters on the first page of this discussion. Haven't written the name of the guy who has 1st place in survival mode, with 100000000000000 points in 2 mins on two of the four survivor maps since it's already there and clearly shows that he is a cheater. Would be nice IF Rebellion could remove him from that list somehow.

safetyman

safetyman

Quote from: T.L.22 on Apr 10, 2010, 03:45:21 PM
They've patched the game 3 times already. They obviously care to an extent. However, trying to attack hacks directly is a losing battle. It's like the industry attempting to battle piracy, or the DEA thinking they can win the war on drugs. It's an endless battle of escalation, except on one side you have to pay people to fix it, and on the other side it's something that malicious geeks build in their spare time. The only lasting solution seems to be banning players from servers as they come.

Regardless of S.Y.L's involvement in the making of the game, his point still stands, too. No developer really is obligated to support their product after release unless the game is specifically advertised that way, like MMOs. Hell, AvP2 stopped being supported after a short time, too.

If everyone in the world followed your example, then anti cheats wouldn't exist and memory hacking would be the least of your problems.

Apathy is a downward slope.

You call not looking into simple memory hacking realistic - anyone with an understanding of how the world works call it for what it is; being lazy.

That is something anyone should be able to understand. You either take care of your products, or you don't, and face the consequences.

But you're right, nobody is obligated to do any of this. That job is reserved for people that care at all about their IP's - beyond siphoning money from the masses.

S.Y.L

S.Y.L

Quote from: safetyman on Apr 10, 2010, 02:17:41 AM
I thought you had already told me you were just involved in the making of the game, not that everything you said was the true answer to everything since you didn't know everything? Are you really just picking and choosing what you know and don't know as you go?

no, i`m picking and choosing what i respond to.
but if you`d like to make something out of minor indescrepencies in my posts then go right ahead, i know for a fact everyone is impressed  ::)

It's very simple. You either care enough to patch the game, or you don't.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=30159.210

safetyman

safetyman

4 page thread about PC problems and Rebellion's solution? Link one with console fixes.

Problem solved guys, this thread can now be locked.

Brother

Brother

They are still supporting the game and fighting hacks obviously is not excluded. So if anybody finds anything just report it.

-Sharky-

-Sharky-

I'm reporting it by stating all the facts and names here. Just glad more and more people can confirm hacks in this game. On the first page I have stated names of 100% definite cheaters, met one of them called ilisav again today (he is a russian BTW), and more people started to scream the word cheater as he played out through the match, LA one-hit-kill for pred, was very obvious when he took 4 guys alone with LA as pred. He left really fast when the round was finished so until we get some AH program into this game or full dedicated servers it'll have to do with the power of the voice (from 5 guys in complete nerd rage).

Oh and I saw that the one guy who was ranked as nr. 1 on survival leaderboards with 100000000000000 score in 2 mins were removed from the list! ??? :o Perhaps Rebeillion read this thread after all :D :D

Brother

Brother

Notice what it says under SYLs avatar.

-Sharky-

-Sharky-

It's sad really... I have much good to say about this game and deep inside me, I really like it, but the cons of this game are so visible that I can't simply enjoy it before they fix it.

However....if you want to avoid cheaters, host your own server on player match and set private passwords and invite friends only...think I'm gonna start doing that....

S.Y.L

S.Y.L

Quote from: safetyman on Apr 11, 2010, 07:37:00 PM
4 page thread about PC problems and Rebellion's solution? Link one with console fixes.

Problem solved guys, this thread can now be locked.

the point wasn`t the platform, it`s that the patches exist. your complaint was based around a lack of support, which is incorrect.

safetyman

safetyman

No, my point was that there's a lack of cheat patching.

-Sharky-

-Sharky-

I've been playing ranked match for 5 days now and every single day I meet cheaters, mostly the same ones but saw a new today, didn't get his name though since it was written in russian...He where able to SK me from angles for some reason...my mate where looking at me in melee fight with him and just suddenly he Sk me from front!  I didn't look right at all he said, the ping wasn't an issue either since we both didn't notice any bad lag at all during that match.

As soon as I get all the skins I'm running to player matches with private slots for friends only...seems to be the only solution :'(

Any words on a new patch soon? Havne't heard a beep from Rebellion in almost 2 months now :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed