Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Thermo on May 15, 2008, 08:39:14 PM
As an accion movie, Queen is ok -but that dont mean is better-
I assume you're from Italy, right?

Thermo

Thermo

Why would an Alien be speaking at all?

The deal is that the alien use it as a tool to kill or to get more hosts, it dont "speak" for comunication, it dont care, but the real deal is it turn the alien more scary...

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 15, 2008, 09:20:27 PM
As a terror movie, eggmorphing is better

The problem is when ppl takes some scenes as some kind of canon and extrapolate one idea, for example the end of the alien speaking with the ripley voice is sweet for a terror movie, but then comes the trouble, the fanboys would assume that the aliens can talk have a society, etc..., when it was a scene that just fitted better for a terror movie

So above all the "scientific explanations" is up to you, what do you prefer?

-A bastard that kill slowly a guy turning into the most feared and despicable thing?, a bastard that have some kind of intelligence and mimetism? (ripleys voice)

-A instinctisc scientific Bug-like creature

I prefer the first, is more evil, the second is more animalistic....when ppl began to looking for explanations the series began to die, the most horrible "scienrific-canon" movie on the serie was...guess what...AVP

But talking about the reasons is always fun :D ; i think that if the Aliens are actually weapons the eggmorphing is WAY better than the queen

I could be that terraforming colony was actually experimenting with the aliens ,ant the queen was engieneered by the scientists in the colony ;) , the things went out of control and we have Aliens

why would an Alien be speaking at all?

Because it's creepy and it was intended to be intelligent.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xhan on May 15, 2008, 11:10:31 PM

The problem is when ppl takes some scenes as some kind of canon and extrapolate one idea, for example the end of the alien speaking with the ripley voice is sweet for a terror movie, but then comes the trouble, the fanboys would assume that the aliens can talk have a society, etc..., when it was a scene that just fitted better for a terror movie

-A bastard that kill slowly a guy turning into the most feared and despicable thing?, a bastard that have some kind of intelligence and mimetism? (ripleys voice)

I prefer the first, is more evil, the second is more animalistic....when ppl began to looking for explanations the series began to die, the most horrible "scienrific-canon" movie on the serie was...guess what...AVP

But talking about the reasons is always fun :D ; i think that if the Aliens are actually weapons the eggmorphing is WAY better than the queen

I could be that terraforming colony was actually experimenting with the aliens ,ant the queen was engieneered by the scientists in the colony ;) , the things went out of control and we have Aliens

And adding in dialogue would add to its intelligence? An alien speaking English would sound (literally) ridiculous; it's hard enough understanding the Predator at times.

SM

SM

It wouldn't sound ridiculous.  It would sound exactly like Siggy.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 16, 2008, 02:38:02 AM

And adding in dialogue would add to its intelligence? An alien speaking English would sound (literally) ridiculous; it's hard enough understanding the Predator at times.

Your inability to see the concept with three other movies stacked on it is not my problem. *shrug*

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Xhan on May 16, 2008, 03:22:06 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 16, 2008, 02:38:02 AM

Your inability to see the concept with three other movies stacked on it is not my problem. *shrug*

Youl'll never win with these guys dude.  They can never look past the lizard/bugs these things have become.  Everytime some kid says that "Grid" was a bad ass Alien, I weep for what my favorite movie monster has become.

Yes, cocooning was the original lifecycle and it was creepy as hell.  Yes, they kicked the idea around of having the Alien "speak" in Ripley's voice at the end.  And that would have been VERY creepy indeed.

SM

SM

Could've been comical too.

As can all new ideas.

SiL

SiL

I don't see the Alien speaking with Ripley's voice idea working. Even ignoring the later films.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on May 16, 2008, 04:58:30 AM
I don't see the Alien speaking with Ripley's voice idea working. Even ignoring the later films.

Wow, SiL's agreeing with me for once. I feel so...honoured :D ;)

Thermo

Thermo

Sometimes is about how you show the concept, for example whe listen the Ripley voice, and few seconds later we see Ripley dead....and when we stop listening we see the alien moving...

A scene with the Alient moving  it lips woudnt have worked

I wonder if the singing chestubrster of space balls was inspired by the talking-alien :D, but really a scene like i said above would have been very creepy, an alien mimetising Newts voice in aliens would have been the double of creepy :)

I understand that some guys dont like the idea, i guess you were thinking about some scene of a talking alien with a microphone.....with Alien 2 the series lost completelly the style of the original movie, and become in a sci-fi accion movie where you can see everything and everything have some level of explanation, if Aliel1 would have done that scene, now we would be discussing "the aliens speak?", if Cameron would have made that scene, with  his style for sure we would know......, hope the old terror of the original movie returns someday......but i doubt it

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Sabres21768 on May 16, 2008, 04:49:49 AM
Youl'll never win with these guys dude.  They can never look past the lizard/bugs these things have become.  Everytime some kid says that "Grid" was a bad ass Alien, I weep for what my favorite movie monster has become.
I don't even know these silly nicknames for Aliens / Predators in AVP and AVP:R. That's how much I do care!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed