Most Artistic Alien Film?

Started by Weasel, May 21, 2008, 09:24:00 AM

Author
Most Artistic Alien Film? (Read 3,896 times)

DiabloGuapo

DiabloGuapo

It has to be Alien. The intro, the Derelict, the planet, the Alien...the other movies can't compare.

rycher

rycher

Alien/aliens  and A3,

Alien/aliens- both on a very awesome looking planet, the tightly packed nostromo, and the atmosphere in Aliens.

A3- I love the mining/prison look, just how its very dark and you know that your f 'ed  right away.

true art.,,

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

I have to go with Alien 3

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: gameoverman on May 23, 2008, 09:27:26 PM
They're all visually stunning - but I would have to say Alien.  That movie established the look (Dark Star and Star Wars did come first however) of a gritty, lived in future.  It's mainly Giger's influence that made it truly groundbreaking, though.

Plus the cinematography, sound effects, editing, camerawork, lighting, music - all were excellent.  The movie hasn't aged at all.  I could praise Alien all day, lol.

It's the only movie besides I Am Legend that scares me every time I watch it. It never loses its shock value.

§niperhawk

§niperhawk

alien for me

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

ALIEN without a doubt. Everytime I watch that movie I feel like I'm watching a work of art in motion. The care and attention to detail to every scene, even the shots that don't have any actors in them are an integral part of the story-telling process. The mood and feel of the movie from start to finish, and the multiple revelations, just awesome.

KidPresentable

KidPresentable

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on May 23, 2008, 09:33:04 PM
Quote from: frenchpred on May 23, 2008, 01:54:26 AM
Aliens.Cameron, this guy is a sci-fi master.

Aliens...the most generic of the Alien movies...

Anyway, Alien.

To be fair, it's only generic because of the waves of copycats it spawned over the years.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The only one of which ever worked is probably Pitch Black.

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 27, 2008, 02:39:59 AM

I always condsidered Halo a big rip off of Aliens. It was even revealed that a lot things like the dropships were directly inspired by Aliens. Look at the Sarge in Halo and he is a spitting image of Sarge Apone in Aliens.

Aliens has been a direct or indirect influence on countless movies, games and even some episodes of TV.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: KidPresentable on May 27, 2008, 01:23:34 AM
Quote from: That Yellow Alien on May 23, 2008, 09:33:04 PM
Quote from: frenchpred on May 23, 2008, 01:54:26 AM
Aliens.Cameron, this guy is a sci-fi master.

Aliens...the most generic of the Alien movies...

Anyway, Alien.
To be fair, it's only generic because of the waves of copycats it spawned over the years.

Seeing as Cameron ripped off the Forever War, Starship Troopers and the Lensman series...not really. All the elements had been explored before, simply never presented in a movie.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Flaming Firefox on May 27, 2008, 06:15:55 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 27, 2008, 02:39:59 AM

I always condsidered Halo a big rip off of Aliens. It was even revealed that a lot things like the dropships were directly inspired by Aliens. Look at the Sarge in Halo and he is a spitting image of Sarge Apone in Aliens.

Aliens has been a direct or indirect influence on countless movies, games and even some episodes of TV.

You're right. You can say the same thing about StarCraft. The Zerg hydralisks look very similar to the Alien Warrior and the dropship lady utters the exact phrases the one in the film does.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed