Is it me or is the ending to Alien 3

Started by Pvt. Hicks, May 17, 2008, 02:19:51 AM

Author
Is it me or is the ending to Alien 3 (Read 5,215 times)

Pvt. Hicks

So goddamn epic? It's happy and sad at the same time. Good God if there was ever closure for a series, that was it.

"Ripley, think of all we can learn from it, it's the chance of a lifetime, you MUST let me have it, it's a magnificent specimen."

"What are you doing? Nooooooooo!"

*dramatic music plays over a shot of Earth*

Too epic.

Uncanny Antman

A shot of Earth?

echobbase79

That was just the sun returning on Fury I believe.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on May 17, 2008, 02:19:51 AM
So goddamn epic? It's happy and sad at the same time. Good God if there was ever closure for a series, that was it.

"Ripley, think of all we can learn from it, it's the chance of a lifetime, you MUST let me have it, it's a magnificent specimen."

"What are you doing? Nooooooooo!"

*dramatic music plays over a shot of Earth*

Too epic.
Dramatic, yes
Epic? no.

To be true i think the series should have stopped with Aliens.

QuoteThat was just the sun returning on Fury I believe.
Yes it was.

Harkus

Twas very good ending indeed. As far as stopping after Aliens, pfffft.

Johnny Handsome

QuoteAs far as stopping after Aliens, pfffft.
Thats my opinion and the opinion of lots of people i know.
Everything went down with A3.

And i rather have 2 good Predator movies then 4 alien movies with the later ones only being made for the sake of calling it a quadrilogy. Pfffft.

maledoro

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 17, 2008, 02:21:07 PM
Thats my opinion and the opinion of lots of people i know. Everything went down with A3.
It's good when alot of people share the same opinion. It was the opinion of most Americans that George W. Bush should have been re-elected for a second term to fix the problems he caused.

Gates

And i rather have 2 good Predator movies [...]

Two good Predator movies? Since when? ;)

Corporal Hicks

I'm sorry, Johnny. Didn't realise you'd actually watched Aliens. My mistake.  :P

Salt The Fries

Quote from: maledoro on May 17, 2008, 02:26:54 PM
It's good when alot of people share the same opinion. It was the opinion of most Americans that George W. Bush should have been re-elected for a second term to fix the problems he caused.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wisdom_of_Crowds

Eidotemit

Quote from: maledoro on May 17, 2008, 02:26:54 PM
Thats my opinion and the opinion of lots of people i know. Everything went down with A3.

It was also the opinion of the majority that he wasn't to be president in 2000, so....  :-\

Anyway, I like the A3 ending.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Gates on May 17, 2008, 03:15:07 PM
And i rather have 2 good Predator movies [...]

Two good Predator movies? Since when? ;)
QuoteI'm sorry, Johnny. Didn't realise you'd actually watched Aliens. My mistake.
I probably watched it sooner and more often then you.
But its ok, i´m used from you not to hear anything useful lately.

nukem11

I didnt want the series to end after 3 when I first saw it but after 4 I wished they did. It seemed a much better ending rather 4 and it was much more dramatic and just better.

Thermo

Thermo

be true i think the series should have stopped with Aliens

No way...Ripley must die, really she needed die, the sad think is that ppl didnt know what to do after her dead....

On the other hand, yes it was a bit epic....not to my taste, would have been better if the comand and bishop would trapped her into a lone dark room, after a pursit, then we hear hers screamings "nooo, nooo, noooo!!"...maybe a "please!"  ;D...after that a scene of the comand with some kind of jar....whitout any sign of Ripley.....

Really...the alien series needs a creepy end :D

I didnt like the alien on A3, sure was a change.....but it just enforced that DNA fetichism that was the argument of  A4 and later movies....bad bad.....biomechanical for the win!

frenchpred

Alone, Alien 3 is a good Fincher movie.

But as a sequel to Aliens it was a huge letdown (Hicks death) and the ending is too radical, in 1992 the choice of killing Ripley was acceptable if Alien 3 was the very last alien movie,bad ending, cool,  but since they continued the franchise, at that right moment Alien 3 is now guilty of killing the franchise, AR as the undertaker.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed