thoeries on panther.

Started by PredatorX, May 15, 2008, 06:08:24 PM

Author
thoeries on panther. (Read 2,579 times)

HF

HF

From a logical standpoint, being a quadruped surely does increases the alien's speed when running. But when it comes to crawling on walls, overall movement speed etc, I'm not that sure.

Quadrupedal animals are, most of the time, faster than bipedal animals when running. Although you have to take the size of the animal, the size of the limbs, the overall body structure etc... into account, I think its safe to say that, when running, the Dragon is faster than a "normal" alien.

The only thing that could really alter the Dragon' speed when running are his legs. They're not really conventional quadrupedal legs. Being very long and more of a hybrid between bipedal and quadrupedal. And the way the alien was running did look rather awkward because of that.

"Normal" aliens have these long and strong legs, I'm pretty sure that they could run at great speed if needed.

When it comes to running, I think that the Dragon is faster. But when it comes to reflex, overall movement speed, crawling etc... I don't think that there's a big difference.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I just think that Fincher wanted a sphinx and a riddle

Thedus

Thedus

Quote from: HF on May 20, 2008, 08:02:33 PM
From a logical standpoint, being a quadruped surely does increases the alien's speed when running.

However, as I've come to realize the alien in ALIEN3 is technically not a quadruped.  It has very distinct hands and feet, it does not consistently move on all fours, and we see beasties moving on all fours in the hive and in OPs in ALIENS, as well as in AR, AVP, and AVPR.  The alien is capable of standing upright, walking upright.  But the fact that it has a differentiation between feet and hands makes it bipedal (having two feet).   So it's very likely that it moves no faster than any of the aliens we saw before, or after.

Ripley noted that it moved differently... but had she ever seen one with the ability to move in such open spaces as on Fiorina?  Medical was pretty spacious compared to Hadley's Hope... no one on Hadley's Hope engaged in an open sprint down the corridors with an alien (not that we saw).

PredatorX

PredatorX

i have to say for the3 thing about how the Queen egg got on. the Queen layed it when she snuck on their ship.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed