thoeries on panther.

Started by PredatorX, May 15, 2008, 06:08:24 PM

Author
thoeries on panther. (Read 2,580 times)

PredatorX

PredatorX

why do you think the facehugger impregnated two organisms? my guess is that the panther was supposed to be a guard to protect the queens embryo.

brad873

brad873

i think we established as soon as the movie cam out, that that was what the runner is for

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: brad873 on May 17, 2008, 09:52:46 AM
i think we established as soon as the movie cam out, that that was what the runner is for

Or there was simply another egg we never saw on screen.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I'm more in favor of the protector alien from the Super [queen] Facehugger.

First, we have trouble explaining how one egg got on.

Second, the eggs itself is different, featuring 5 petals as opposed to four.

Bishop also states something like "it was with us all the way" (in referance to the facehugger being on board), if there was more than one it seems he would have said "they" (I know this one is a bit ... weak)

Then theres the DC version which features the Queen Facehugger.

Given the queens gestation time, it would seem likely that it may need protecting.

With this evidence, it seems that a special facehugger is responsible for the two aliens.

KidPresentable

KidPresentable

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 18, 2008, 06:06:15 AM
Quote from: brad873 on May 17, 2008, 09:52:46 AM

Or there was simply another egg we never saw on screen.

What I always assumed.

JA Boomer

JA Boomer

strapping on crash helmet...

I also think the runner alien comes with the queen facehugger, combining two embryos in one facehugger, the runner being there to protect the queen until she can start a hive. But what if the runnner looks and acts the way it does because it is designed as the queen's prtector and not a regular drone. Could it be made smaller, more agile, quicker, stealthier, and not have some of the features seen on drones in other movies to help it complete it's mission?

Nothing directly from the films is conclusive evidence of DNA assimilation (minus the cloning from A:R, and I still don't know why alien DNA would infiltrate the host) but I know DNA assimilation is described in numerous other sources and is almost universally excepted.

Crash helmet on...fire away lol

SM

SM

The Fiorina creature does not appear to be smaller.  Nor is there any real evidence it's faster.  For all the claims made of speed, it only ever chased down and caught the rather rotund Jude.  Both Kevin and David outran it.  Even Jude outran it earlier (he was a bit puffed out the time it caught him).

Everyone else got nabbed by more stealthy means.

Quoteand I still don't know why alien DNA would infiltrate the host

Protect the host during gestation.

JA Boomer

JA Boomer

Quote from: SM on May 20, 2008, 04:15:04 AM
Protect the host during gestation.

What do you mean by that exactly?

SM

SM

I't better for the Alien is the host is healthy.  So the Alien gives back while it takes.

Could conceivably explain how Ripley was so up and about when she was supposed to be sick for a couple of weeks after crashing on Fiorina (and the apparent rapid healing of her eye), and how Purvis was able to hold his breathe for so long underwater with the embryo restricting the capacity of one lung.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on May 20, 2008, 04:15:04 AM
For all the claims made of speed, it only ever chased down and caught the rather rotund Jude.him).
Yet look at how fast that thing accelerated to get the Dude Who Ran Into The Dude Running with Scissors. Also take into account the thing was constantly being slowed down by closing doors and changing the surface it ran on.

SM

SM

Kinda negated by the fact that the prisoners seem to be constantly slowing down to look behind them.  And that the Alien never seems to lose speed when changing from wall to floor and vice versa.

I did take Gregor into account, but we're talking a very quick acceleration over a farily short distance.

SiL

SiL

The prisoners slow to look over their shoulders, but the Alien almost stops to get over doors. When something's stopping and starting all the time, obviously it's not going to be able to reach its full speed.

Which really doesn't prove anything, just throwing it out there. It may be faster, we just haven't really seen.

Layorz

Layorz

Take into account that of the three other alien films none of the other aliens have been depicted as moving anywhere near the speed of the runner, and there have been plenty of times the regular Xenomorphs could have given chase. Hell, even hunched over in a vent Vasquez was outrunning Xenomorphs. Thats plenty of evidence proving its faster.

And yes Vasquez was shooting them, but more often then not it was single controlled burst in between long periods of moving. The regular Xenomorphs didnt even get close until her and Gorman were cut off.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

The fact that we don't see the Aliens in the other films at a flat-out run doesn't prove anything.

maledoro

maledoro

To add to what Antman said, there was no need for the aliens to run after their prey in the other films, so we couldn't see everything that they were capable of.

Even though the alien on the Nostromo didn't run, it did move pretty quickly when snatching Brett, offering Dallas a hug, turning toward Parker and waving to Ripley on the shuttle. When I saw the aliens hauling ass in the next two films, I wasn't too surprised at their speed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed