Alien therory

Started by Bone Crusher, May 04, 2008, 07:45:09 AM

Author
Alien therory (Read 3,583 times)

Bone Crusher

Bone Crusher

Notice the similar head, paralophosaurus used its cylindrical head to channel large calls and sounds.
I think the alien  works the same way it creates high pitch noises to see like a bat in sonar.
what do you guys think? ;D

Da-Wolf

Da-Wolf

I said it before and I'l say it now.  it's fu*king voodoo magick. >:(

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Interesting theory, but I  don't think it works. The parts of the paras head is mostly just hollow bone I think, while the aliens head is obviously much thicker and not hollow (as most clearly seen in AvP).

Bone Crusher

Bone Crusher

Quote from: Eidotemit on May 04, 2008, 08:10:48 AM
Interesting theory, but I  don't think it works. The parts of the paras head is mostly just hollow bone I think, while the aliens head is obviously much thicker and not hollow (as most clearly seen in AvP).
good point i wonder why some aliens have the empty eye sockets do they see through them?
???

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Bone Crusher on May 04, 2008, 09:30:15 AM
Quote from: Eidotemit on May 04, 2008, 08:10:48 AM
good point i wonder why some aliens have the empty eye sockets do they see through them?
???
From an offscreen perspective we know that Giger used a human skull for the head. That aside, from a narrative standpoint, we don't know if those are "eyeholes". They could be some other sinuses used for another function. Millennia ago, some Greeks were excavating and found the skull of a dwarf elephant. They saw the giant sinus in the front and assumed it had once held an eye.

Bone Crusher

Bone Crusher

The sonar therory explains how aliens can see cloaked preds though.
The skull thing was also done for the predalien.

Can you see the skulls?

Bone Crusher

Bone Crusher

Does it mean that the predalien has the skull of a predator in it ???

Der_Meister

Der_Meister

yes

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: Der_Meister on May 04, 2008, 03:30:33 PM
yes

Not necessarily. It may look different than the human looking skull in the regular alien, but we can't say that it is a predator (or human) skull with certainty, especially in the light of the dog alien, whos "skull" was not that of a dogs.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Eidotemit on May 04, 2008, 04:22:45 PM
Quote from: Der_Meister on May 04, 2008, 03:30:33 PM
yes

Not necessarily. It may look different than the human looking skull in the regular alien, but we can't say that it is a predator (or human) skull with certainty, especially in the light of the dog alien, whos "skull" was not that of a dogs.
Well, ADI said it was a pred skull...

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I know, but sort of like Mal was saying earlier, from a narrative standpoint it isn't cetain. Now certainly given the difference between Kane's Son and Chet, the host species has an affect, but when looking at The Dragon, it becomes clear that it isn't a carbon copy of the hosts skull.

HF

HF

This whole "eye sockets" thing is very strange. Cameron introduced a new alien with holes now on the side of the head. Now if we look at the skull in P2, those wholes seems to be the eye sockets who moved to the side of the alien head for some reason. I believe that this is reinforcing the theory of the dome is only there to protect the head while its forming and morphing under the dome, wich will then slowly melt and reveal the "true head" of the aliens.

As for the alien's vision, well... I don't know. The sockets sure don't have anything to do with it. And I'm not too sure about the sonar theory.. We saw what seemed to be the alien's vision in A3, but that kind of vision would not work without "eyes". Wich the aliens don't have. And if by sonar, we're talking about something similar to what we saw in the movie Pitch Black, then no I don't think that it's the way they see. Seems to be a little too restrictive.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HF on May 04, 2008, 06:20:04 PM
Cameron introduced a new alien with holes now on the side of the head.
That structure was already there in the first movie (it's the temple of your own skull). All he did was remove the face from the front of it.

HF

HF

Yeah you're right SiL. I had a brain freeze there.. Sorry for missing the obvious.

Xhan

Xhan

No sonar. Fullstop.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed