How Alien 3 should have ended...

Started by darthSnipe, May 02, 2008, 02:45:53 AM

Author
How Alien 3 should have ended... (Read 12,538 times)

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: darthSnipe on May 02, 2008, 03:08:21 AM
And for the same reason I wrote..? Using that as a reference for a "lack in my writing skills" is being ignorant and at the same time showing you're too damn lazy to read what I edited in.
I read what you had written. I was just underscoring another user's sentiment.

Stop trying to be a hard ass and understand that just because some (ala few) avid fans don't like endings like that the general public does.
First off, I wasn't "trying to be a hard ass". Can one be a hardass with a three-lettered response linking to another page? Secondly, can you prove that the said "few avid" fans are in the minority? And, if so, why would you assume that the majority would accept something as trite as a dream sequence?

You can spout off a thousand reasons why that ending is wrong and I'll agree with you but it won't make your point any clearer as I've already expressed that I don't particularly like the ending I wrote.
I already had poked many holes in that ending (no, not in this thread, but in several others). If you didn't like that ending, then why did you even bother to write it? At least the other people who came up with that (or something similar) liked it.

darthSnipe

darthSnipe

Quote from: maledoro on May 02, 2008, 09:55:45 AM
And for the same reason I wrote..? Using that as a reference for a "lack in my writing skills" is being ignorant and at the same time showing you're too damn lazy to read what I edited in.
I read what you had written. I was just underscoring another user's sentiment.

Stop trying to be a hard ass and understand that just because some (ala few) avid fans don't like endings like that the general public does.
First off, I wasn't "trying to be a hard ass". Can one be a hardass with a three-lettered response linking to another page? Secondly, can you prove that the said "few avid" fans are in the minority? And, if so, why would you assume that the majority would accept something as trite as a dream sequence?

You can spout off a thousand reasons why that ending is wrong and I'll agree with you but it won't make your point any clearer as I've already expressed that I don't particularly like the ending I wrote.
I already had poked many holes in that ending (no, not in this thread, but in several others). If you didn't like that ending, then why did you even bother to write it? At least the other people who came up with that (or something similar) liked it.

I couldn't prove there were many avid fans who hated it as much as you couldn't prove there weren't many avid fans who hated it. It's all assumption.

Edit: (Sorry didn't see your post..)

Quote from: SM on May 02, 2008, 05:31:15 AM
QuoteHe said "the point of Alien Resurrection" not the point of the end of Alien 3.

My mistake.

QuoteAlso, what doesn't insult the audience these days? Prom Night?

This has 'what' to do with anything??

QuoteThe way they made the ending was cliffhanger as it is (half the reason most fans hate it) which is why I corrected it to have a better conclusive ending to what actually conspired when she fell in the pit.

How do you know 'most fans hate it'?  A lot of people have changed their tune to Alien3 over the years? And it's not a cliffhanger.  Empire Strikes Back is a gliffhanger; Matrix Reloaded is a cliffhanger.  Alien3 is the final act.  There is nothing more conclusive than Ripley and the Alien being turned to ash.

QuoteYou continue to avoid my explanation only considering that it's insulting to you as you feel the ending isn't "AAA quality" enough to satisfy you. If you expect that out of a 1997 movie then I feel for you and hope you kill yourself just to not further contaminate the gene pool with your stupidity.

eh...?

Quotenor avoid it from becoming a deus ex machina (very common way to put it by the way

Meh, it's the simplest and most accurate way to put it.

QuoteNext time you try to puncture me on my writing skills take a look at yourself and stop trying to be such a hard ass then maybe I'll actually take your suggestions to heart.

Why would I look at myself?  It's not my shoddy writing skills on display.

QuoteEdit: Also, it's CONSPIRED. My meaning was to say the conspiracy that took place which left people wondering if the Queen was still dead. What's worse than someone trying to correct me is someone correcting me and doing it wrong.

Which people - obviously aside from your fine self - wondered if the Queen was still alive?  We see Ripley - hugging the Queen to her chest - incinerated.  The Company leaves sans Ripley and sans Queen and shuts Fiorina down.  They couldn't make it anymore definate.  Her message from the Nostromo even signed the series off.

And it IS 'transpired' I believe.

Hard to respond to this because you cut my whole post up so badly you must have forgotten to reply to the most important parts all together. Ex:

Quote from: darthSnipe on May 02, 2008, 05:07:29 AM
I did not create this to be original nor avoid it from becoming a deus ex machina (very common way to put it by the way  ::) [/sarcasm]). If you want original, read a novel, I'm not trying to impress somebody with my writing as I neither want to be a writer or desire to further myself in that career. If you want to complain about how my writing is inadequate be my guest and do so, just know you will be wasting your time, not mine. It would be entirely different story if your critismn was constructive in a way that was not offensive but you failed to execute successfully on either fronts.

And for the points of my post you did acknowledge you replied with nothing but two letter expressions.

SiL

SiL

QuoteAnd for the points of my post you did acknowledge you replied with nothing but two letter expressions.
Wow. There's hyperbole, and then there's ... this.

darthSnipe

Quote from: SiL on May 03, 2008, 03:51:08 AM
QuoteAnd for the points of my post you did acknowledge you replied with nothing but two letter expressions.
Wow. There's hyperbole, and then there's ... this.

Elaborate a little more SiL? Don't understand your meaning. If you mean me using ...<--- after my sentences a lot it's to show indication of me reading a sentence and then replying to it. The same way I italics some of my words to show expression.

SiL

SiL

No, as in, "two letter expressions" is a gross, gross ... gross exaggeration of his replies.

darthSnipe

Quote from: SiL on May 03, 2008, 04:00:18 AM
No, as in, "two letter expressions" is a gross, gross ... gross exaggeration of his replies.

"Gross"?

Are you sure that's the way to put it? I didn't bother to read the rest of his post after "...eh?" (since he didn't bother to respond to the important parts of mine).

Call me ignorant on it or even lazy if you want to[/shrug].

SM

SM

Okay, you're lazy.

The jury's out on the 'ignorant' bit.

They're back.  It doesn't look good.

I had to cut your post and try and address it point by point cos it was so all over the place.  But if you feel the following is the most important...

QuoteI did not create this to be original nor avoid it from becoming a deus ex machina (very common way to put it by the way   [/sarcasm]). If you want original, read a novel, I'm not trying to impress somebody with my writing as I neither want to be a writer or desire to further myself in that career. If you want to complain about how my writing is inadequate be my guest and do so, just know you will be wasting your time, not mine. It would be entirely different story if your critismn was constructive in a way that was not offensive but you failed to execute successfully on either fronts.

Okay we addressed the deux ex machina.  And that's what it is - common or not.

If you're not trying to impress anyone - then why post it?

What's to be constructive about?  You've taken the end of Alien3, wrecked one of the most poetic bits, and then gone with "and it was all a dream".  To be kind - it's not good.  At all.  It doesn't satisfy the audiences expectations - in fact it insults their intelligence - nor does it acknowledge what the characters have been through in the preceeding two hours, therefore making the whole thing a waste of time.

QuoteIf you expect that out of a 1997 movie then I feel for you and hope you kill yourself just to not further contaminate the gene pool with your stupidity

Dunno what the f**k 1997 has got to do with anything but to the second part;  too late.  Stiff shit.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I still don't get how the A3 ending could possibly be viewed as a cliffhanger. We saw Ripley and freshly bursted queen fall into a giant burning furnace. Sure we don't see the queen die, but why would we have to? Hell, think back one move and you watch a burster get torched by a flame thrower and die; its a safe bet the burster queen was swiftly turned to ash.

As for the scene itself: I don't like it, for pretty much the same general reasons those before me stated. You shouldn't get all bent out of shape because people don't like it. Have a discussion about it, defend you side, but theres no call for getting aggressive about it.

Also, statements like "kill yourself so you don't pollute the gene pool." will not be tolerated.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: darthSnipe on May 03, 2008, 03:34:21 AM
I couldn't prove there were many avid fans who hated it as much as you couldn't prove there weren't many avid fans who hated it. It's all assumption.
I wouldn't claim the contrary; I just wanted proof. Although now you admit that it was an assumption, it was a bold statement before.

Quote from: Eidotemit on May 03, 2008, 09:47:16 AM
I still don't get how the A3 ending could possibly be viewed as a cliffhanger. We saw Ripley and freshly bursted queen fall into a giant burning furnace. Sure we don't see the queen die, but why would we have to? Hell, think back one move and you watch a burster get torched by a flame thrower and die; its a safe bet the burster queen was swiftly turned to ash.
Oath.

darthSnipe

Quote from: SM on May 03, 2008, 05:42:34 AM
Okay, you're lazy.

The jury's out on the 'ignorant' bit.

They're back.  It doesn't look good.

I had to cut your post and try and address it point by point cos it was so all over the place.  But if you feel the following is the most important...

QuoteI did not create this to be original nor avoid it from becoming a deus ex machina (very common way to put it by the way   [/sarcasm]). If you want original, read a novel, I'm not trying to impress somebody with my writing as I neither want to be a writer or desire to further myself in that career. If you want to complain about how my writing is inadequate be my guest and do so, just know you will be wasting your time, not mine. It would be entirely different story if your critismn was constructive in a way that was not offensive but you failed to execute successfully on either fronts.

Okay we addressed the deux ex machina.  And that's what it is - common or not.

If you're not trying to impress anyone - then why post it?

What's to be constructive about?  You've taken the end of Alien3, wrecked one of the most poetic bits, and then gone with "and it was all a dream".  To be kind - it's not good.  At all.  It doesn't satisfy the audiences expectations - in fact it insults their intelligence - nor does it acknowledge what the characters have been through in the preceeding two hours, therefore making the whole thing a waste of time.

QuoteIf you expect that out of a 1997 movie then I feel for you and hope you kill yourself just to not further contaminate the gene pool with your stupidity

Dunno what the f**k 1997 has got to do with anything but to the second part;  too late.  Stiff shit.

Maybe that's when Alien Resurrection came out..? Just taking a wild guess into the unknown here.

SM

SM

Considering it's relevance seems to be bordering on non-existant, "wild guess" seems to be correct...

Porkus Maximus

Awesome troll thread.  Highly entertaining.

Dachande

Dachande

Indeed, i would read it again, but my brain can't handle anymore stupid.

Alienseseses

I think that it's good as is. If they wanted to make a what-if movie, like what if A3 didn't happen, to show that her death saved everyone, that would be cool, but as is, it's fine.

echobbase79

echobbase79

INT. BOILER ROOM

BISHOP II

Ripley! Think of all that we can learn from it! It's a chance of a life time! You must let me have it! It's a magnificent specimen!

It's a MAGNIFICENT specimen! These words bring back painful memories, both of ASH and the corruption that is the Weyland-Yutani corporation. She clutches her chest in pain, realizing the hatchling QUEEN is beginning to awaken. Ripley begins to lose her footing, slowly closing the point between the searing lava below and herself.

BISHOP II

Ripley!

Ripley snaps back to reality. She turns her head to the PIT below, then to Bishop II.

RIPLEY (grinning)

A perfect organism?

BISHOP II

Yes..you see don't you? Think of what can be learned from it, you'd be throwing that all away just because of some silly paranoia!

Ripley shakes her head in disbelief. She edges towards the very side of the PIT -- the soldiers draw their rifles.

BISHOP II

Don't! We can't risk using lethal force. It'll endanger her and the creature inside with it.

Ripley is about speak but stops with a painful grunt after feeling the LEERING crunch of her muscles being torn from within. She realizes time is running out. A CHOICE has to be made.

BISHOP II

You know what is right. Come with me. Please.

His words of encouragement are blocked out by the SNAPPING of her muscles. She embraces her chest with both arms. Blood BURSTS from within. Ripley finally loses her footing entirely, taking a deep plunge into the PIT.

BISHOP II

RIPLEY!

As she makes her descension TIME seems to slow as she reminisces to past EVENTS. She hears the words of those on the NOSTROMO. The chestburster QUEEN finally emerges, screaming in terror as it uses the coil of it's tail to throw itself forward. Ripley's eyes begin to close as the life quickly begins to leave her body.

NEWT (flashback)

It won't matter.

Ripley's eyes OPEN. Whether voluntary or involuntary she grabs the creature with a free hand. It screams in terror. Ripley's body is SUBMERGED in the fire, her one free arm beginning to disintegrate from the heat. The QUEEN screams in pain as every ORIFICE in it's alien body begins to pop and spew ACIDIC blood.  It bites at Ripley's lifeless hand and meets the same fate despite it's efforts.

ENT. ZOOM-IN OF SLEEPING RIPLEY ON THE SULACO

RIPLEY

This is Ripley, last surviver of the Nostromo. They say monsters don't exist. But they do. I've seen them take countless friends from me. They lurk in the darkness, waiting for just the right moment to appear. You may say monster's don't exist, but I know they do.

END OF TRANSMISSION.

I remember reading an idea like that back in an old Cinescape of mine for the fourth movie. It was supposed to be a dream or something like that.

Even though I don't care for Resurrection I'm glad they made that film instead of a 'it was all a dream story'.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed